Do officials still check the 3/4 tank rule at causeway?

Zxcvb

If u r malaysian tax payer, will u want all sporean to come and pump ur oil that use ur money to subsidise? Its like robbing the ppl money. Thats why such rules r in place to protect both parties

But I thought foreign cars are now required to pump non-subsidized petrol RON97(RM2.50/L)? Only RON95 (RM1.90/L) is subsidized right?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

I find that showing MY ID car is pointless... a SG car is a SG car. what's the logic of showing MY ID card? the driver may be a MY, but the car is not......

Hence, the official annoucement didn't mention that showing MY ID allows a foreign registered car to pump RON95 [laugh].

Regards,

Where got freedom of market???

Use roads also kena pay(ERP). <-- its just a disincentive to reduce the number of people going into certain areas at certain times. Road tax already kena pay. Still got many potholes on our roads! <-- We have many potholes? Why do I never encounter them?

Register car kena pay(COE). <-- they have no choice, if not we'll start complaining that the roads are too congested. Imagine the congestion when we have a limited supply and high cost now and if they didn't have the COE

Might as well buy HDB house also come out with COE system! <-- Housing is a necessity, a private vehicle is not for most

Like that can control demand. <-- COE is not to control demand. It is to limit supply. That is why there is a fixed amount of them. The ridiculous prices people are bidding for is the free market at work.

Why register vehicles cannot use hdb ballot system? <-- You were complaining that we don't have freedom of market and you suggest this? Ironic much? So what happens to the segment of people who need a car? What if they can't get it? What are they going to complain about?

Come on la local born Singaporeans, we are too nice aren't we?

Always give give give.............. [knife]

The fact of the matter is ERP is sometimes ineffective because its rates are too low most of the time. The govt needs to combine that with increased parking rates in the orchard and CBD areas, + implement some sort of limit on how long a vehicle can park in an URA lot in these areas (i.e. the wardens will mark your tyre to determine if a car has remained parked for too long).

COE is a good implementation to control supply, and having those who are willing to pay is a good way to distribute it, afterall COE prices are not set, they are based on the free market. What is stupid is people bidding such ridiculous prices, however on if they think a car is worth that much, its up to them to decide for themselves. The free market at work.

Edited by Elfenstar

Usually i go to JB slightly over half tank (only once in a while big balls go in quarter tank). In the 5 yrs dat i have been driving, i have never been checked before. But i tink next few weeks/months they will up their checking in response to this article....knn....

There are some stations with the sign "Malaysians driving Singapore cars RON95 no limit" , dunno is it the law or they ownself put 1..

I guess their Polis also confused lah [laugh]. The policy said Foreign registered car and no mention of citizenship.

Regards,

I also find it dumb. 3/4 how to see sia. Sone more some cars got only total tank in liters. No gauge. Might as well make it half.

Btw, if their main purpose is to discourage foreign pumping, why not set full tank rule?

Neutral Newbie

Nothing happen in this morning.

Regards,

Thanks .

Going in an hour to meet supplier. As usual now left half tank . Heh

Was forgetful, request someone in MCF to enlighten me in the first place, why this 3/4 ruling came about because of what huh? Why was the need to come out with such a rule which restrict the freedom of purchasing pertol from MY? Is it because of the tax on SG petrol which may potentially a lose of revenue from the gov? [:|]

becos we hv one party rule and no street protest??

Same as why one cannot bring in Chicken rice from Malaysia.

Malaysia has subsidised many commodities like petrol, oil, salt, rice, chicken, etc. So not allowed to bring it into Singapore.

correction...salt, rice, oil, flour, etc are becos MY custom control...cannot bring out of MY.

Why are we bowing to these rules ?

SGP loves to follow british examples,

the british have different rates at petrol stations as they are not a cartel.

You are also free to go anywhere in the EU to pump fuel.

These are only one of the many rules we willing bow to. why? why? why?

Becos Fear?

I think the officers at the custom will catch more if they are given a commission for anyone caught flaunting the 3/4 tank rule. [scholar]

i suggest they outsource the fuel chk to certis. with bonus for exceeding daily quota.....how?

The fact of the matter is ERP is sometimes ineffective because its rates are too low most of the time. The govt needs to combine that with increased parking rates in the orchard and CBD areas, + implement some sort of limit on how long a vehicle can park in an URA lot in these areas (i.e. the wardens will mark your tyre to determine if a car has remained parked for too long).

COE is a good implementation to control supply, and having those who are willing to pay is a good way to distribute it, afterall COE prices are not set, they are based on the free market. What is stupid is people bidding such ridiculous prices, however on if they think a car is worth that much, its up to them to decide for themselves. The free market at work.

so u think the market is really free? hdb also say free market. LTA also say free market. MOM also say free market...etc

u read too much msm liao.

so u think the market is really free? hdb also say free market. LTA also say free market. MOM also say free market...etc

u read too much msm liao.

Car ownership kind of yes. Its not as if the Govt sets a min amount for COE prices.

Manpower policies yes, but it shouldnt be. Its supposed to be geared towards Singaporeans.

HDB yes and no,but it shouldnt be. Its supposed to be housing for the masses, if not we might as well all buy condos, however the controls should also go into resale flats not just new flats.

Edited by Elfenstar

Kena fine last year. [laugh] Remember it was a thurs nite around 8.30pm. Was driving up to Genting with the whole family.

Saw from far they checking every single car......alamak hon gan liao lor. Petrol needle @ just under 1/4 mark nia. [sweatdrop]

When my turn came, the officer took a peek and i smile and she return smile.....haha. Then she collect everybody's passport and car was park one side. Alone i went to the office. They record even passengers details....even my maid!! [hur] Office was quite crowded. Some kena 2nd time, some third time.....some kena fine for Q cutting also have....haha.

During the wait, saw through the glass they stop checking bearly 10 mins after i kena. WTF!!! [:|]

Was ask whether to pay by cash, credit card or wait for sumon send to home. Didnt know can pay later one. Paid 100 bucks and left.

Made one round top-up and 45 mins later enter the checkpoint again.....hiaz bor check liao. [grin]

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement