Do officials still check the 3/4 tank rule at causeway?

Zxcvb

went in 3 times over the past 2 weeks.. the CISCO guy at the end of the immigration area didn't even bother to look at me.. [rolleyes]

next time i go and change my fuel gauge, the fuel one become temp meter and the temp become the fuel one. so u see the temp is quarter. just shift the Fuel symbol hehehe

↡ Advertisement

Went in today. JB Ron97 RM2.70/Litre

Petrol price up up up

There is 2 types of Vpower....1 is Vpower 97, the other is Vpower racing....I think the want you pump is Vpower Racing costs RM2.70. I think Vpower 97 cost like 2.50 or 2.60 like that

There is 2 types of Vpower....1 is Vpower 97, the other is Vpower racing....I think the want you pump is Vpower Racing costs RM2.70. I think Vpower 97 cost like 2.50 or 2.60 like that

don't think so bro..

Normal ron97 already up to 2.70 already.. was out in their news lately..

The price of VPower 97 has now been increased to RM2.70/litre.

VPower Racing has also seen an increase in price from RM2.70 to RM2.90/litre.

Neutral Newbie

The fact of the matter is ERP is sometimes ineffective because its rates are too low most of the time. The govt needs to combine that with increased parking rates in the orchard and CBD areas, + implement some sort of limit on how long a vehicle can park in an URA lot in these areas (i.e. the wardens will mark your tyre to determine if a car has remained parked for too long). - What is used to mark a tyre?

COE is a good implementation to control supply, and having those who are willing to pay is a good way to distribute it, afterall COE prices are not set, they are based on the free market. What is stupid is people bidding such ridiculous prices, however on if they think a car is worth that much, its up to them to decide for themselves. The free market at work. - You mean its like our petrol company? Or our media? Telecommunications?

You talk no sense la. Please read more about ERP and COE.

There is always a fine balance between acceptable charging and grossly over charging.(pegged to the majority of local born - not elitist or elite thinkers but not doers like you)

IF the system does not work for such a lengthy amount of time, then it's time to change the whole system. Tweaking it yield no more gain.

Just like the way you replied to me.

Do not contradict yourself by contradicting me.

Not sure on the price of 98 in SG as I have not been pumping in SG for quite some time.

No fuel checks conducted this morning.

mai kia... the officers there 95% of the time either play with handphone or chit chat. They don't even bother to take a glance at you. Don't think they even know if their mother walk past.

mai kia... the officers there 95% of the time either play with handphone or chit chat. They don't even bother to take a glance at you. Don't think they even know if their mother walk past.

wa liao.. cnnt say like that... our authorities are doing a good job. [:)]

these officers know what is going on , if they really on the balls, i think 3/4 of cars going in malaysia will be queing up to make $500 payments.

went in on sat afternoon with 3/4 tank just in case. but due to bad jam, by the time reach the officer there, slightly less. anyway was not checked.

nevertheless will prob be on the safe sides for the next few weeks.

Turbocharged

I find it not worth it to go in just to pump petrol. Unless i'm going for grocery or food if not I wont go in just for petrol. Did my own calculation based on my 35 litres full tank, 3/4 can pump about 20litres only (actully less)

JB 1 litre S$1.14 (Need to pump RON 97)

Singapore i pump RON 92 $2.04 before discount (I got 15% off direct from esso so paying about $1.734, add 5% dividend discount, so it's about S$1.64/l + reward points)

Difference is only S$0.50/l

Average litre i pump = 20. Saving S$10 per tank.

But S$10 - S$1.20 Toll - S$1.20 toll = S$7.60 per tank. Not really worth it now. If want to be more detail, add in distance of home to there and the petrol wasted at the custom traffic, extra mileage added for servicing, Kopi money if unlucky. Accident risk. To sum up if you do your sum you may be paying more instead, unless you are there for other purposes like eat, grocery etc

(edited)

I find it not worth it to go in just to pump petrol. Unless i'm going for grocery or food if not I wont go in just for petrol. Did my own calculation based on my 35 litres full tank, 3/4 can pump about 20litres only (actully less)

JB 1 litre S$1.14 (Need to pump RON 97)

Singapore i pump RON 92 $2.04 before discount (I got 15% off direct from esso so paying about $1.734, add 5% dividend discount, so it's about S$1.64/l + reward points)

Difference is only S$0.50/l

Average litre i pump = 20. Saving S$10 per tank.

But S$10 - S$1.20 Toll - S$1.20 toll = S$7.60 per tank. Not really worth it now. If want to be more detail, add in distance of home to there and the petrol wasted at the custom traffic, extra mileage added for servicing, Kopi money if unlucky. Accident risk. To sum up if you do your sum you may be paying more instead, unless you are there for other purposes like eat, grocery etc

wah.. bro.. u think alot leh.. :blink:

for my car, factor in car wash savings + eating MAGNUM.. think savings is approx $15.. cos my car is min. 95ron and i can squeeze 20ltr from 3/4 to brim.. :D[rolleyes]

Edited by Nhrisuzu

Turbocharged

wah.. bro.. u think alot leh.. :blink:

for my car, factor in car wash savings + eating MAGNUM.. think savings is approx $15.. cos my car is min. 95ron and i can squeeze 20ltr from 3/4 to brim.. :D[rolleyes]

not think a lot, just wondering why people still want to go in and pump then come out [laugh]. If you want to save wash yourself, my car wash per two weeks only $0.30 HDB water :D

↡ Advertisement