The advantages of In Car Camera....

SGCMniceguy

it helps other car users as well....for instant, my friend's car was thought being vandalised at open car park in Paris Ris park. After looking into the camera of another car which parked in front of her. It was a hit and run...the other car kindness helps other car users...better park in front of the car which has in car camera installed. Thanks to these kind hearted drivers....She managed to catch the car number and report to police...on her BEHALF, THANK YOU very much for those installed In car Camera drivers!

Edited by SGCMniceguy
↡ Advertisement

it helps other car users as well....for instant, my friend's car was thought being vandalised at open car park in Paris Ris park. After looking into the camera of another car which parked in front of her. It was a hit and run...the other car kindness helps other car users...better park in front of the car which has in car camera installed. Thanks to these kind hearted drivers....She managed to catch the car number and report to police...on her BEHALF, THANK YOU very much for those installed In car Camera drivers!

I know of an incident whereby a concrete mixer truck did a hit-&-run stunt on two parallelly cars but luckily one of the cars had an active DVR which captured the offending truck's VRN.

The guy with the cam was kind enough to leave a note on the other car's windscreen for its driver with his name and contact details so that they could both report to their own insurance companies to claim from the truck's company.

Whether they were successful or not I am not so sure though.

I wonder with video evidence submitted to police, will they really catch the culprit? I have heard many car vandalism cases, hit and run or whatsoever, but not remember hearing any culprit get caught so far, even with their faces were posted online/newspapers.

The video from incar cam probably helpful when we had an accident where we need to make an insurance claim.

At the same time, for some drivers to relief their frastruction by posting the reckless driver action online.

So far I had submitted 3 cases to TP over 1 year. They have only replied to say that they will investigate but did not follow up even when i emailed to enquire.

Can anyone who had submitted cases to TP and had action taken please share here.

So far I had submitted 3 cases to TP over 1 year. They have only replied to say that they will investigate but did not follow up even when i emailed to enquire.

Can anyone who had submitted cases to TP and had action taken please share here.

Y u so Kpo [laugh]

Y u so Kpo [laugh]

Twincharged

I have sent in a few videos and they took action. Mostly is when they overtook me too closely while I was cycling. Was told some got warning and some got charged with inconsiderate driving.

Twincharged

I managed to get a guy who vandalized my car to compensate me after a lady driver caught him red handed and managed to record the guy in action with her in-car cam. He was not happy cuz he wanted to park there but I was waiting there already and parked first. The guy also quite stupid. Never check his surroundings first. According to what the lady told me she was in the car after she parked already and the guy just vandalized my car infront of her.

I have sent in a few videos and they took action. Mostly is when they overtook me too closely while I was cycling. Was told some got warning and some got charged with inconsiderate driving.

you got camera on your cycle??

I wonder with video evidence submitted to police, will they really catch the culprit? I have heard many car vandalism cases, hit and run or whatsoever, but not remember hearing any culprit get caught so far, even with their faces were posted online/newspapers.

The video from incar cam probably helpful when we had an accident where we need to make an insurance claim.

At the same time, for some drivers to relief their frastruction by posting the reckless driver action online.

I doubt. I once reported a stolen camera and the act was caught on CC TV of the bowling alley (where it was stolen).

They said will investigate but never heard back.

Bowling alley manager said police didnt even come to review the CC TV footage.

I guess they use their resources only for high profile crimes

Twincharged

you got camera on your cycle??

Yup. One facing the rear. Sometimes also have my helmet cam on as well for the front.

Y u so Kpo [laugh]

My life was threatened in all cases.

Avante made me braked really hard. This could have been a my-car-flipped accident.

Forte did not hesitate at all in making right turn against red light. She was not trying to beat the red light, she totally behaved as if there were no lights. If not for oncoming vehicle going straight, i would have proceed to make my right turn and .....family was in car.

Avante type ... yes Singapore has many this kind of driver. Don't plan ahead and everybody has to give way to them.

Forte... I think he/she completely miss the red light. [shakehead]

Can get charged meh?

Very unlikely.

TP not so bo liao.

↡ Advertisement