Customised Brake Brackets?

Kazuo

Neutral Newbie

How does it looks like?

Heard people customise/fabricate it to fit non standard brake calipers onto their vehicle. Especially when there isn't any kit for their vehicle model.

Maybe lack of knowledge, it should dangerous and unsafe to me, unless it is just a very simple job.

Can someone enlighten me? or share your experience?

↡ Advertisement

For me it's not safe, brake is one of the most important parts of the car. Imagine you customized your break but the work is not done perfectly maybe you are prone to any accidents..

Neutral Newbie

Brakets as in dogbone?

Many ppl will forgo it due to

1. Cost, fabricating 1 set is expensive

2. The design n safety aspects is altered

3. The overall effectiveness of the brake system after you make the mods due to customization.

A safer bet is to go for the model/brand specific for your ride.

Totally not safe to customize! Use original or use better brake pad.

TS is talking about brake brackets for aftermarket brake kits...not brake pads.

No problem customising brake brackets for different cars to fit the brake kit. Have a set of customised brakets for VTTR 6-pot on my previous ride for 3 years with no problems.

The most important is tyres not brakes....what good if your brakes damn bite but tyres no traction?

Edited by Ooosh

Neutral Newbie

So you using VTTR brake kit which originally not meant for your vehicle?

Unfortunately, not all models have brake kit available for them.

Only those common models

No problem customising brake brackets for different cars to fit the brake kit. Have a set of customised brakets for VTTR 6-pot on my previous ride for 3 years with no problems.

The most important is tyres not brakes....what good if your brakes damn bite but tyres no traction?

Every component plays a part. Thus if not of sound engineering principle, I'd not try it.

Neutral Newbie

To me, as long as the material use it correct, and its fabricate by a experience ws. Why not. U tell me which bracket for brake kit is not fabricated.

How does it looks like?

Heard people customise/fabricate it to fit non standard brake calipers onto their vehicle. Especially when there isn't any kit for their vehicle model.

Maybe lack of knowledge, it should dangerous and unsafe to me, unless it is just a very simple job.

Can someone enlighten me? or share your experience?

U mean make yr own brake calipers?

I wud not dare to do that. Those things r specially designed n tested b4 put fr sale.

Imagine u get some idiot everything he also tell u can no problem n just copy some design n next time u going down genting ty break n fall off one by one n u think why were u so stupid to do such a thing just b4 u n yr car go over e edge of e cliff n u fall 500 ft to yr instant death.

And ins co. not going to pay a single cent.

Neutral Newbie

Any shops to recommend to fabricate calipers brackets?

Which kit are you getting. The ws that you are getting should be able to do it. Ws like race tec should be able too.

U mean make yr own brake calipers?

I wud not dare to do that. Those things r specially designed n tested b4 put fr sale.

Imagine u get some idiot everything he also tell u can no problem n just copy some design n next time u going down genting ty break n fall off one by one n u think why were u so stupid to do such a thing just b4 u n yr car go over e edge of e cliff n u fall 500 ft to yr instant death.

And ins co. not going to pay a single cent.

Duh.... HE is talking about BRACKETS.... not calipers....

Bro forget it...... There are many in here who know nothing about cars but want to act smart.

I bet they have never heard of a caliper bracket before.......

Getting a brake brackets so to fit in a larger rotor?

It's very dangerous if not properly engineered both in design and material selectiion.

Such brackets have broken before- casued injury and death.

Will fail LTA inspection and

Void insurance claim.

↡ Advertisement