Scrapping 10 year old car.

Turbonetics

Neutral Newbie

I did scape my father 2001 corolla and my friend gave me this number which is at woodland Park E, This uncle is doing direct scape and the price he gave me is $500 more then dealer offer. I'm happy with it :)

9638 3224 Ah Sze.

Can call and ask thier quote (Compare with Dealer offer) before sending ur car to them for scape.

↡ Advertisement

Scrap values are really ridiculous.

Perfectly good car goes for a few hundred dollar and the replacement costs 120k+++

I would prefer to export mine in 3years time even if I get less than scrap value.

Have taken care of my ride well over years and not really driven too much (82K in 7yrs)

Its only reasonable that it gets driven some more by a new owner rather than crushed and recycled for metal !!

Edited by Roadie

does scrapyard operators accept car towed to them

I am interested to know what car 10 year old, cannot drive, and cannot repair and makes you want to tow to scrap.

I am interested to know what car 10 year old, cannot drive, and cannot repair and makes you want to tow to scrap.

Accident car. [:p]

grrr.... my car need to scrap next year( 2013)

If not buying a used or new car, will the dealer still take my car and setlle for me the parf value.

in your case, the stealer dealer will usually keep a few % of the parf rebate.

better DIY if wanna save a few hundred dollars. Call up a few scrapyards for quotes and drive there yourself on the last day. Not too difficult right? Certain cars hv good export value, so if yours belong to that catergory, call those car exporters.

Yes for me serious considering

Actually if the scrap value is low, it is cheaper to renew COE and scrap it when COE price is stable.

Anyway it is prorated for the Coe only lose the scrap value.

Actually if the scrap value is low, it is cheaper to renew COE and scrap it when COE price is stable.

Anyway it is prorated for the Coe only lose the scrap value.

I was quoted 4k, dealer buy over the car for scrap or export i dunno

Got the car with OMV 39k

Upon de-register in 2014 that's about 26k calculate for the LTA website

So i take back about 30k

If de-reigister now i can take back 31k + 4k = 35k

But with current COE now i cant think of any good car with 30k or 35k as deposit

I might just extend her life since she's still doing good with no cancer and not even flu or cold

Edited by Dfx16

You plan to renew COE on your existing car?! [:/] Nowadays dont think can find any people renew their car. Most people rather scrapped the car and get another car, even it is a used car.

You plan to renew COE on your existing car?! [:/] Nowadays dont think can find any people renew their car. Most people rather scrapped the car and get another car, even it is a used car.

assuming next yr coe is 150k, will u buy a new or used car?

Got the car with OMV 39k

So i take back about 30k

But with current COE now i cant think of any good car with 30k or 35k as deposit

I might just extend her life since she's still doing good with no cancer and not even flu or cold

Your OMV quite high, a bit wasted

(edited)

Got the car with OMV 39k

So i take back about 30k

use the money to downpay a pre-owned car that is about 5 years old sounds just right.

anyway,u mentioned deregister in 2014 and u get back $26k from LTA so how come u plus another $4k?

dealer offer additional $4k for your body now doesn't mean 2 years later it will worth the same value.

Edited by Turbonetics

if go to scrapyard,will they pay the PARF or still has to go through LTA?

what do scrapyard do with the car after that?Export or remove its parts and sell it?

that one i'm not sure

but most probably diy

but like mokingbird said

try to ensure they do it for you but dunno abt the fees though

use the money to downpay a pre-owned car that is about 5 years old sounds just right.

anyway,u mentioned deregister in 2014 and u get back $26k from LTA so how come u plus another $4k?

dealer offer additional $4k for your body now doesn't mean 2 years later it will worth the same value.

True.. maybe by then left 1k ? [laugh]

Anyhow still left 2 more years.. juz drive and see how it goes.. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement