Kerwen

I30 vs Forte Hatch  

33 members have voted

1. 1. I30 or Forte Hatch

• I30
    • Forte Hatch

i30 for me..

go test drive and you will know why..

for this car..i test drove 3times..but eventually didnt commit.

thats was when COE was 6x,000 1 mth back.

How come you test drive 3 times still didnt commit? [:/]

I was hestitant la..coz they take in my AUTOWRX at 37k (which i managed to sell myself at 47k last week).

Also looking around for conti cars also..was considering the BMW 1series or Audi A3 1.4T too..

so for now..i'm car-less

Taking BMW...not bad actually..

Can wait out till 2014-2015

Edited by Rayoflight

Neutral Newbie

korean make have the sleek and curve that most car lack off nowadays. Went to test drive the i30 once and was very attracted to the styling and features.

Only setback (at least for me) was too plasticky and slight panel sound or whatever squeaking despite being so new even though used as test drive car.

Power wise is adequate for a NA engine but pick up can feel some lag. Sound proofing is kinda bad compared to certain japanese make (probably in the same range) though. overall it is still a good car though except the COE is a killer.

These are some of my personal feedback only.

Edited by Limiter

COE always the main reason which either deter people or encourage people to buy car. [rolleyes] Looks like even the current super crazy COE, there are still many people buying new cars.

Lol, forte hatch launched in 2011 and i30 launched one year later, and you already find forte looks like very old model?! :blink:

But all Forte's look same at the front. So, the design of the front is as old as 4 years. That is why!

For the i30, i would say its a better than a VW Golf! Forget the badge..

I agreed with u on the badge thingy. Recently I test drove this new ride from the land of kimchi, really not bad IMHO... [cool]

For the i30, i would say its a better than a VW Golf! Forget the badge..

I agreed with u on the badge thingy. Recently I test drove this new ride from the land of kimchi, really not bad IMHO... [cool]

Supercharged

Which ride from Kimchi?

Hyundai is getting better.

Test drove the new elantra couple of months back and was quite impressed by the feel. Almost like conti feel.

I am driving the previous gen i30. So far so good. Haven tested the new i30 though. But new new i30 sure looks chio!

But all Forte's look same at the front. So, the design of the front is as old as 4 years. That is why!

Agreed, since the forte sedan launched back in 2009, although the forte hatch launched in 2011 but use the same design as the sedan, no wonder the design doesnt look fresh and appealing.

Hyundai is getting better.

Test drove the new elantra couple of months back and was quite impressed by the feel. Almost like conti feel.

I am driving the previous gen i30. So far so good. Haven tested the new i30 though. But new new i30 sure looks chio!

The new i30 design confirmed looks chio, so much nicer than the previous i30. But i still prefer a sedan than a hatch, like car with spacious space. :D

Edited by 13177

The new i30 design confirmed looks chio, so much nicer than the previous i30. But i still prefer a sedan than a hatch, like car with spacious space. :D

with COE so crazy now, I have to settle for the a preowned previous gen i30, in addition, my missus is not too fond of some parts of the new i30 interior ^_^

Hatch seems to be in "In" thing now. Seems like 7 out of 10 cars I see on the road are Hatch

Edited by Hawthorne

with COE so crazy now, I have to settle for the a preowned previous gen i30, in addition, my missus is not too fond of some parts of the new i30 interior ^_^

Hatch seems to be in "In" thing now. Seems like 7 out of 10 cars I see on the road are Hatch

I think hatch not as "in" as compared to few years back. Nowadays most hatch that you see should comes from VW, other than that not many hatch around la. Unlike few years back, esp when COE was super low, there are many hatch cars around like picanto, getz, jazz, fit, QQ, latio etc.

looking at looks only? performance or value?

looks the i30 is a bit too flashy with no much substance same like Veloster...until they got their legal turbo..THEN it look really nice and its all LEGAL!!!!!!...Flash & slow does not gel. got i30 turbo version coming right?

new cars now all coming with legal turbo....might as well wait a while cause we all know brothers in this forum are power hungry after buying their cars....all legal mods (intake, lighter expensive rims) and illegal exhaust are nothing compared to a legal turbo.

↡ Advertisement