• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
85 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Usamomo
  • Usamomo
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am looking to reduce road noise from my car, i hope to drive my car for another 4 years.
Am looking to sound proof the floor plan, wheel arc and 4 doors, maybe double layers.
I know that cheap is no good and good is no cheap, any bros here could recommend me a reasonable priced workshop where i also could get some advices? Thank you.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

the more you soundproof, the more noise will seem louder even for those minute noise.. and it can never be perfect...

maybe you want to add another rubber seal around your car door instead
Lightsabre and 1 Anonymous member praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Picanto
Foon Audio garage. Well known in the ICE community

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Most audio shops should be able to assist u. Whatever u do, IMHO, don't go to silent to do ur soundproofing.
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i am looking to reduce road noise from my car, i hope to drive my car for another 4 years.
Am looking to sound proof the floor plan, wheel arc and 4 doors, maybe double layers.
I know that cheap is no good and good is no cheap, any bros here could recommend me a reasonable priced workshop where i also could get some advices? Thank you.

I have done quite a bit in different locations in my car, the benefit is still detectable but don't expect too much.

A huge amount of road noise still enters your car through your windows as it has even more surface area than the metal panels on your doors and rear quarter panels. Unless you can upgrade all your windows to Acoustic glass, it will be difficult to get a satisfactory sound reduction inside your cabin.

Most luxury cars have acoustic windows all round (i.e. double layers with a special sound absorbing material sandwiched in the middle)

But firstly, make sure you get a quiet tire before doing anything else.

Edited by Topspin, 07 November 2012 - 01:59 PM.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Usamomo
  • Usamomo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

thank you all for the advices, do keep them coming.
i have actually tried to stick the 3M door seal one more layer.
Initially the door need to slam harder to close which is good and the sound from those bikes and buses really cut down by alot.
But over time the door seal lose it's firmness, the sounds came back.
I am currently on road tyres, kumho ku31.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Ungtiong
  • Ungtiong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

get Yoko DB Decibel.....slippery tryes but super quiet....straight after changing like u have gone to heaven, and ur car is super smooth especially if u change EO at the same time..........that is until i start driving in the rain, so quiet can hear my heart beating after a few 'incidents'........ (have to clarify that i use to chiong even when raining...lucky my car is slow Altis so no accidents, just incidents)

for normal cars, most of the sound from the tyres. Personally though i will take the noise over the DB performance.

If u stop ur car on the road side and listen to the cars driving pass....compare to the sound when u are moving at high speed but not stepping on the accelerator (speed up then let go) AND when stepping on the accelerator, u will know where ur noise is coming from.

read about the coating of undercarriage and wheel arc (with some good results) but was told need to re-coat every few years so did not go ahead. was looking hard at E-Rev but everytime i check their ad, their price increase!!!!!

Edited by Ungtiong, 07 November 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Xanavi and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Tatty
  • Tatty
    Banned

the more you soundproof, the more noise will seem louder even for those minute noise.. and it can never be perfect...

maybe you want to add another rubber seal around your car door instead

after that cannot open door how

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Tatty
  • Tatty
    Banned

all these reduce noise
have a tendency to increase weight of the car
and those undercarriage applications increases drag

i found the cheapest is to invest in cotton wool
roll them and stuff them in your ears

you cant hear outside noise
and wow you can hear your own heart beat

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Simon29
  • Simon29
    Banned

Once you get used to the sound proof quietness, your brain will get used to the quietness.
Soon the other noise, will be amplified and you will then think the car is noisy once again.

There is no end to the soundproofing target,

U may think Lexus,Sclass, 7series is quite,. But the owners will hear other noise and complain the car is noisy.

I would advise to learn to enjoy Techno and Pop songs at higher levels. If one can learn to enjoy techno music, the car will not be noisy anymore.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Picanto
good SP materials also play a part.choose established brands such as dynamat or STP. you can google for more info about these 2 brands

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Kazuo
  • Premium member
    Kazuo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There used to have a lot of freelancers doing soundproofing as a service.
All gone?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Picanto

All gone?

poor installation skills. how are they going to survive?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Once you get used to the sound proof quietness, your brain will get used to the quietness.
Soon the other noise, will be amplified and you will then think the car is noisy once again.

There is no end to the soundproofing target,

U may think Lexus,Sclass, 7series is quite,. But the owners will hear other noise and complain the car is noisy.

Yes agree. We tend to get used to the new quietness after a few days and soon it becomes the new norm. As for me I "enjoy" getting reminded what a non quiet car sounds like whenever I rent a budget car during my overseas trip or whenever I take a taxi. After that, drive your own car again and you begin to appreciate the quiet ride again...at least for a few weeks...then the cycle repeats.

Edited by Topspin, 08 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

SGCMniceguy
  • SGCMniceguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

try Pin Liang Enterprice, very good workmanship, most important, CHEAP!

92 ZION ROAD #01-197 SINGAPORE 160092
Tel: 67341717

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

try Pin Liang Enterprice, very good workmanship, most important, CHEAP!

92 ZION ROAD #01-197 SINGAPORE 160092
Tel: 67341717

That building is deserted already for quite some time liao. I think the authorities are going to tear it down soon.

Edited by Watwheels, 08 November 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Too much to think about...

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good SP materials also play a part.choose established brands such as dynamat or STP. you can google for more info about these 2 brands

I did 4 layers front doors, 2 layers rear doors, 1 layer boot cover before. Night and day difference. The gf sat in her friend's car without SP, she says v noisy haha
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Audioniche
  • Audioniche
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

All gone?

Hi

If you need a good one, please contact me.
HU - Clarion HX-D2 (with upgraded Power Supply)
Front 3 Way Active - Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 / L4 / L6
Amps - 3 X Genesis Dual Mono
Sub - Genesis A30.1
Monoblock - DLS A6
RCAs - Mogami

Photos can be found in Facebook under Audioniche

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Audioniche
  • Audioniche
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You can check out my Facebook page under audioniche to see how the soundprrofing was carried out in my car in a MSCP. The sound system was also done in the car park as well.
Sub - Genesis A30.1
Monoblock - DLS A6
RCAs - Mogami

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Audioniche
  • Audioniche
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Agreed that the ride becomes much quieter after soundproofing.

Edited by Audioniche, 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM.

Sub - Genesis A30.1
Monoblock - DLS A6
RCAs - Mogami

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

StandartPlast AK Sound Proof Mat

StandartPlast AK Sound Proof Mat  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DrudrivesDaewoo  |  Neutral Newbie

A great sound-proofing choice!

Sound proofing had been useful for both retaining sound indoors and blocking it off from escaping outdoors. It also works vice versa. Thus with a recommendation of my friend to try StandartPlast, I got the AK model. It was splendid before and... » Read More

Audio Work SDM-1078

Audio Work SDM-1078  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by ANyhowaNythingAnywherRe  |  Neutral Newbie

Blocks off sound from escaping the car perfectly.

I've been told that sound-proofing mats can improve the sound quality in my car, since the sound stays and doesn't escape from my car. I've done a little research, and found that Audio Work products do the trick. I went on to get some of the... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Sound Proofing

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users