S-league (Singapore professional soccer league)

LoverofCar

Many thread on EPL, MSL and even online soccer management game and etc. So thinking of starting a thread to discuss our very own Singapore soccer league aka the S-league. I know many people will start to come in and throw all sort of insult to our local league. Bear in mind, this is our very own soccer league. If we don't support our league, how we expect a strong national team. Be it of interest to you or not, please give this thread and our league a chance to ''live'' in the world of professional soccer. ....Peace to all. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Brunei DPMM set sights on Luis Boa Morte and Pascal Chimbonda

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3880/singap...ce=breakingnews

The former West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur players will be joined by Nigeria international Sibi Gwar and Liberian Dominic Jlateh for a try-out session in end November

Singapore League Cup champions Brunei DPMM FC have confirmed that they have released three foreign players, namely strikers Basiru Osman and Patrick da Silva, as well as midfielder Ivan Jerkovic.

Croatian Jerkovic netted six times for the Bruneians in the recently-concluded 2012 S.League season, while Ghanaian Osman and Brazilian Da Silva bagged five and four goals respectively as the Wasps finished second.

The fourth foreign player in their roster, Brazilian Tales dos Santos, is still contracted to the club. The giant centreback was forced to sit out his team's last two league matches due to a knee injury, and is currently recuperating back home.

With the release of the above-mentioned trio, the Bruneians have set their eyes on several former English Premier League [EPL] stars, including former West Ham United and Fulham midfielder Luis Boa Morte and ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Blackburn Rovers full-back, Pascal Chimbonda.

Brunei

I am ashame. you say support S-league but you post M-league [:p]

Brunei DPMM set sights on Luis Boa Morte and Pascal Chimbonda

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3880/singap...ce=breakingnews

The former West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur players will be joined by Nigeria international Sibi Gwar and Liberian Dominic Jlateh for a try-out session in end November

Singapore League Cup champions Brunei DPMM FC have confirmed that they have released three foreign players, namely strikers Basiru Osman and Patrick da Silva, as well as midfielder Ivan Jerkovic.

Croatian Jerkovic netted six times for the Bruneians in the recently-concluded 2012 S.League season, while Ghanaian Osman and Brazilian Da Silva bagged five and four goals respectively as the Wasps finished second.

The fourth foreign player in their roster, Brazilian Tales dos Santos, is still contracted to the club. The giant centreback was forced to sit out his team's last two league matches due to a knee injury, and is currently recuperating back home.

With the release of the above-mentioned trio, the Bruneians have set their eyes on several former English Premier League [EPL] stars, including former West Ham United and Fulham midfielder Luis Boa Morte and ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Blackburn Rovers full-back, Pascal Chimbonda.

Brunei

Our miw, main stream media dun wan or dun like to cover s league leh

so we do what we do best...be the opposition...support the underdog league.. [laugh]

Edited by LoverofCar

what you mean M league? DPMM is playing in S league lah...they are 2nd in this year league.

opps.. didnt read properly. i thought you refering the Brunie FC [:p]

Tampines Rovers for me!

Always has been, always will be.

I still remember the days of the ball being kicked out of the stadium (there's an open road just right outside the stadium).

Can't imagine the poor cars being struck haha

Back then, Tampines were one of the worst teams, with Geylang International, Tiong Bahru CSC and Balestier being the top dogs.

Even Woodlands Wellington was crap back then lol [rolleyes]

Tampines Rovers for me!

I still remember the days of the ball being kicked out of the stadium (there's an open road just right outside the stadium).

Back then, Tampines were one of the worst teams, with Geylang International, Tiong Bahru CSC and Balestier being the top dogs.

woodlands Wellington was one of the best team then....when they are under Vega...known as the mouth of the north...

woodlands Wellington was one of the best team then....when they are under Vega...known as the mouth of the north...

ya man, back then Sleague is a joy to watch. Sembawang rangers with their Thai Army that play with so much zest and energy. really like work horses. Gombak United with the 2 hard tackling Surachai Thai international.

back then, Duric was around already but he was overshadowed by Grabovac and Goncalves.

somehow i feel the ang mohs back then are more committed on the field. the ang mohs recruits these days seem so mercenary, don't wanna get their hands dirty. just stand around and wayang only.

used to support Tanjong Pagar used they left S League.

but now, Albirex FTW!

Tampines Rovers for me!

haha, tampines rovers for me too before I was enlisted to serve NS.

i remember some of the best matches then , tampines vs geyland in 1996 with a full house crowd, remember the cheerleaders [:p]

and yes, tampines was crap then, their best foreigner was a brazilian, marco anthonio if i spell correctly who seems to fall more than score.

i remember woolands wellington was a powerhouse, their foreign player was all ex-M-League, joe caleta, ervin boban, sandro radun. i remember they played in the final of the tiger beer series against geylang at the national stadium, best match in my opinion.

still remember the days back then i was in secondary school..supported woodlands wellington when venga was around..great atmosphere..and of coz students ticket price..sometimes would get free tickets outside of the stadium.

I started by supporting Sembawang rangers...

S league started when i was 14 and stadiums were a;ways full in the 1st season...

emotions quite high...

but subsequently i feel that the management has failed badly...

those ppl running it dun even seem to know what they need to do... clueless... enough time was given since the formation of s-league and what have happened since then? with the malaysia cup back in frame, it is more jialat now. taking a u turn is bad sign that it is not going to work.

Starting next session. Each club will be able to sign on a ''star'' player. So may be there will be more interest generated from that...in someway, Singaporean are to be blame for state of the league. If we always look down on the league and never bother to attend the match and adopt a club to support. We cannot blame the league for not improving. Afterall, fans are the key to the success of a league. Hope more people will give the league a chance to improve.

↡ Advertisement