Android tablet

Kurty

I feel that 10.1 is too big while 8.9 is using 4G and expensive.

I got myself a 7.7" which I felt got the right size and weight. I don't need SIM card since I used it to connect to my S2 portable WIFI.

↡ Advertisement

I feel that 10.1 is too big while 8.9 is using 4G and expensive.

I got myself a 7.7" which I felt got the right size and weight. I don't need SIM card since I used it to connect to my S2 portable WIFI.

i got mine at only $330.. with warranty, the previous owner also find it an alien object :D

It's not just that.... I have a Tab 10.1 with SIM and I can't install Whatsapp too...

I have whatsapp on my tablet. Just go to the google play website and dl the installation file from there (i think).

But i seldom use it... [laugh]

I have whatsapp on my tablet. Just go to the google play website and dl the installation file from there (i think).

But i seldom use it... [laugh]

You probably have the 7.7 tab with phone capability? In that case, the device is also categorised as a phone which is why it's made available to your device....

so what you normally do with your tablet?

ever since i bought it, i only touch 2 times..

it's like an alien object to me.. <_<

Youtube, web surfing, check mail, dl movies.... think that's about it. Other than that is on the move. I just bring it out and put it in the car in case i need to access to the net and my hp is quite slow these days.

You probably have the 7.7 tab with phone capability? In that case, the device is also categorised as a phone which is why it's made available to your device....

Nope, mine is the galaxy tab 10.1. no phone capabilities. But when activate whatsapp, you need to send an sms and the telco will charge u for that coz the 3g line only have free 50gig, no free sms or talktime.

Nope, mine is the galaxy tab 10.1. no phone capabilities. But when activate whatsapp, you need to send an sms and the telco will charge u for that coz the 3g line only have free 50gig, no free sms or talktime.

Thanks.... That's news to me.... I've tried looking for this app months ago via Google Play but nowhere to be found. Anyway, I don't see the need to use it on my tablet since I don't carry them around all the time...

bro, I have 10.1 too but having some problem,

when using Firefox or chrome, sometime can't play some items cos need plug in or flash player,

did try to download adobe flash player but was prawn this device does not support.

pls help.Thanks

Yes, you can install whatsapp in WiFi android tablet. My nexus 7 is using it. You try to search for nexus 7 whatsapp. Download 2 offline apps, appguard & whatsapp . You need a phone line like mobile or home number to register an whatsapp account. Do not share the same mobile account as whatsapp does not allow it.

hello..

this is embarrassing.. nonetheless, i still would like to ask [:p]

i got myself an android tablet 8.9, despite using the similar handphone model, S2..

i found myself don't know what to do with it..

some questions:

technical:

- why no whatsapp for tablet? say the firmware is not supported for the tablet..

- tried to update in kies but cannot connect for some reason..

- how to set up handphone into wifi hotspot?

general:

- apart from playing games and watching movies. (what strategy game is fun?)

- what do you guys do with your tablet?

i got it, probably impulse buy again..

wanted to watch movies with gf when at cafe.

yet to test the tablet if prawn ready. ^_^

I use my tablets for presentations, ebook reading, offline rss reading (via pocket), as a notepad, and to annotate PDF while out and about. I also use it to do photo editing while on holiday, and for my GF to watch shows while we're on driving road trips.

those are catagoried under "phablet"..... its hybrid of table & phone... Im using Galaxy tab 7.0 as phone... once u used with it, u will find those small screen phone like iphone is garbage....

bro, in terms for plp to help, u need to be more specific.... there are hundred over types of 8.9" adroid table in the market (incl china made type). U need to name the brand, model and the OS version u are using....

If your android is made around 1 yr ago, most likely its using honeycomb (Android 3.XX), still quite widely use and many manufacturer offers free upgrade to Android 4.XX.

But if your OS is Froyo (Android 2.2X) or older version (Eclair- android 2.1 or donut- android 1.6), then you might want to look for another carrot head to buy ur tablet.... cause many apps no longer support it.

If your table is 2012 model, most likely its going to be Ice cream sandwitch (Android 4.XX)....

Like some members here mentioned, you can always download watsapp apk file (installation file for android) and install it manually.

when using Firefox or chrome, sometime can't play some items cos need plug in or flash player,

did try to download adobe flash player but was prawn this device does not support.

pls help.Thanks

If your device doesn't support the download from the Google play store, you'll need to manually download the apk file. Search on Google or the xda dev forum, you should be able to find it.

Chrome doesn't support flash, so even if you have the flash player installed you can't access sites with flash. What I did was to download the previous version of Firefox beta, which supports flash quite well. And I also downloaded an app called flashify. So in my day-to-day surfing I'll use chrome, but when I come across sites that require flash, I can tap share->flashify->Firefox beta. What this does is to open the site in Firefox beta without me having to manually copy and paste the URL from chrome to Firefox beta.

Hope this helps.

pls help.Thanks

Sorry bro, cant offer any useful advice in this instance. For movie, I always use mobiplayer. Not too bothered bout flash stuff...

Or you can download dolphin browser , it support flash.

Or been using dolphin browser for years... tried many others but still go back to dolphin ..... [thumbsup]

bro, in terms for plp to help, u need to be more specific.... there are hundred over types of 8.9" adroid table in the market (incl china made type). U need to name the brand, model and the OS version u are using....

If your android is made around 1 yr ago, most likely its using honeycomb (Android 3.XX), still quite widely use and many manufacturer offers free upgrade to Android 4.XX.

But if your OS is Froyo (Android 2.2X) or older version (Eclair- android 2.1 or donut- android 1.6), then you might want to look for another carrot head to buy ur tablet.... cause many apps no longer support it.

If your table is 2012 model, most likely its going to be Ice cream sandwitch (Android 4.XX)....

Like some members here mentioned, you can always download watsapp apk file (installation file for android) and install it manually.

i'm using the samsung tab 8.9, P7300, based on the internet, there isn't any upgrade of firmware at all..

problem is i can't connect it with kies, also don't know why is that so..

If your device doesn't support the download from the Google play store, you'll need to manually download the apk file. Search on Google or the xda dev forum, you should be able to find it.

Chrome doesn't support flash, so even if you have the flash player installed you can't access sites with flash. What I did was to download the previous version of Firefox beta, which supports flash quite well. And I also downloaded an app called flashify. So in my day-to-day surfing I'll use chrome, but when I come across sites that require flash, I can tap share->flashify->Firefox beta. What this does is to open the site in Firefox beta without me having to manually copy and paste the URL from chrome to Firefox beta.

Hope this helps.

Bro, your advice sure help alot but I am no tech person so need to ask abit more thanks.

What is xda dev, flashify, Firefox beta?

What I download is from the play store stated Firefox(is this wrong type)

Can pls guard me 1 step @ a time.

↡ Advertisement