Student stomps teacher who comments on friend's hair

Cerano

teacher_embarasses_student_with_comment_on_her_hair-thumbnail.jpg

IMHO there's nothing wrong with what the teacher said and it was said in a very truthful and tactful manner.

↡ Advertisement

Hur??? Kids are suppose to have proper hairstyle when still schooling, aren't they? Personally looking at this kid, i will associate him with a "bad" label at first glance. He can have his own hairstyle when he is in poly or uni. That's my own view. :)

exactly. very funny when u go on stomp and you see the kids denouncing the teacher for embarassing the student in public? if you dont want people to "embarass" you then dont cut this kind of funny pai kia hairstyle.

Neutral Newbie

If students are so negative and argumentative nowadays.

Singapore climate will change when these kids grow up and start work in society.

I foresee, the beginning of the end of the golden age of Singapore.

exactly. very funny when u go on stomp and you see the kids denouncing the teacher for embarassing the student in public? if you dont want people to "embarass" you then dont cut this kind of funny pai kia hairstyle.

is there a catalogue on what types are deem pai kia hairstyle?

get over it, even tattoo now is not necessarily associated with pai kia

the teacher should have known that by posting it on the student FB, the student will most likely feel a loss of face... a pm would be better

after this being said, I don't think the teacher comment is wrong but definitely it can be handled more sensitively

is there a catalogue on what types are deem pai kia hairstyle?

get over it, even tattoo now is not necessarily associated with pai kia

the teacher should have known that by posting it on the student FB, the student will most likely feel a loss of face... a pm would be better

after this being said, I don't think the teacher comment is wrong but definitely it can be handled more sensitively

i think there is a catalogue deemed as what is socially acceptable and that is what is permissible in school or in army camps.

if the student feels a loss of face from that... his face is misplaced because bearing such a hairstyle wouldnt be deserving of anything face too.

call it individualism or expression of creativity, fact of the matter is such tattoos and unruly hairstyles bring about negative connotations

bottom line is would you want your kid to be smoking, drinking, gambling, fighting, making other people's daughters pregnant and hanging out with pai kias with such hairstyles?

Edited by Cerano

Hairstyle is nothing but a way of self expression. So any hair cut that deviates from the normal equates to being a pai kia ?

Likewise so can be argued for tattoos in your logic.

Do these bring about the imagine of a good, well-behaved studious academically successful and obedient child or do these bring about the idea of a delinquent? i'd find this hard-pressed to be argued on

i think there is a catalogue deemed as what is socially acceptable and that is what is permissible in school or in army camps.

if the student feels a loss of face from that... his face is misplaced because bearing such a hairstyle wouldnt be deserving of anything face too.

call it individualism or expression of creativity, fact of the matter is such tattoos and unruly hairstyles bring about negative connotations

there is a guide on what is acceptable but that does not mean what is unacceptable equates to pai kia hairstyle. that's the difference

there is a guide on what is acceptable but that does not mean what is unacceptable equates to pai kia hairstyle. that's the difference

definitely there's no scale of equitability. However, there is a correlation and a very high one at that.

Have you ever met anyone with such a hair style and is not deviant from the usual ways? Especially a haircut in the one above?

You do agree that is it unacceptable though that much is true

Hairstyle is nothing but a way of self expression. So any hair cut that deviates from the normal equates to being a pai kia ?

School is about discipline, and when comes to discipline, there must be a certain strict code in terms of conduct, values and image.

Otherwise, how do you maintain certain sense of discipline?

Can our NS guys have different hairstyles inside their camp? Military is also an institution of discipline too.

I find it strange that I even has to explain this. I thought MCF pple are mostly mature guys......

Nowadays kids cannot take comment ah? so weak. Like that how to fight in the ever-competitive globalized workforce when they grow up?

The hairs-style is not "pie kia", the kid is just rebellious. School has a standard code of dressing and this regulation should be respected if he wants to come into the school compound. Simple as that.

definitely there's no scale of equitability. However, there is a correlation and a very high one at that.

Have you ever met anyone with such a hair style and is not deviant from the usual ways? Especially a haircut in the one above?

You do agree that is it unacceptable though that much is true

you dunno what you are talking...

deviant from usual ways does not necessarily means bad

no wonder it has been said that sg people cannot think out of box....because certain people condemn if it is deviant from usual ways... whatever usual ways means

School is about discipline, and when comes to discipline, there must be a certain strict code in terms of conduct, values and image.

Otherwise, how do you maintain certain sense of discipline?

Can our NS guys have different hairstyles inside their camp? Military is also an institution of discipline too.

I find it strange that I even has to explain this. I thought MCF pple are mostly mature guys......

you mean discipline comes from commenting on FB?

apparently the teacher has only commented at this moment based on what wad posted.

and I agree with the kid, what has his volunteer work overseas got to do with his hairstyle?

↡ Advertisement