Throttle body cleaning

Pureness

Need some advice. Can WD40 be used to clean the throttlebody instead of using STP carburetor cleaner?

No No,WD-40 will kills the Throttle body,don't try.!

↡ Advertisement

When do u usually need to clean? 100K servicing? What symptoms of the car would a "dirty/choke" throttle give?

My BnB car already 140k km never need to clean TB.

But i only use original air filter n never those sports air filter.

your price is more expensive than autobacs, its only $65 at autobacs leh

Hahaha. He just trying his luck ma. He know wil hv pple kia su kia see. Change this change that. Clean this clean that even though its not necessary. And ty willing to pay good money summore.

Hahaha [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Need some advice. Can WD40 be used to clean the throttlebody instead of using STP carburetor cleaner?

for a minute there i was thinking

u were using throttle2 to clean

my bad

send for workshop do more better , because if you are drive normal cable throttle body its ok to clean DIY , if you drive

E-throttle body pls dont do that , because wanna do throtlle plate computer learning , if not rpm will stand at 1500- 2000 ...

Hope can help u all only $60 normal throttle body

E-throttle $80

i done this at

AK Workshop

No.10 Ang Mo Kio Ind.Park 2A #04-10

AMK Autopoint (S) 568047

+65-90108212

What is the difference in cleaning treatment between cable t/b vs e-throttle?

saw that 3m has a product to clean throttle body but couldn't find it at autobacs, any idea where can i find it?

or is there a workshop that can help me do cleaning for a reasonable price?

Who told you that your TB needs a cleaning?

My BnB car already 140k km never need to clean TB.

But i only use original air filter n never those sports air filter.

My BnB car got very sensitive MAF sensor.. once TB become slightly dirty, RPM drop to 500-700 and vibratet.. I ever encounter engine cut off when at a slope when its on a cold rainy day.. and its a auto gearbox.

Once TB cleaned, all back to no vibration at all again... Like new car.

My BnB car got very sensitive MAF sensor.. once TB become slightly dirty, RPM drop to 500-700 and vibratet.. I ever encounter engine cut off when at a slope when its on a cold rainy day.. and its a auto gearbox.

Once TB cleaned, all back to no vibration at all again... Like new car.

What car u drive got so sensitive maf sensor?

Why yr BnB car so special?

Or issit u do some mods or u use non-original parts?

What car u drive got so sensitive maf sensor?

Why yr BnB car so special?

Or issit u do some mods or u use non-original parts?

A Mitsubishi.

Not special.. last time I complain to C&C that here is excessive vibration when car mileage is 20+k, they told me its due to Tb dirty and cleaned for me. Then after they did that engine very quiet again. After every 8000km, same thing comes back.so I just clean it now and then.

Its not a big issue actually and car still running perfectly... However to just unscrew 4 screws take out air intake and clean, and engine not vibrating at all, quite worth the effort.

A Mitsubishi.

Not special.. last time I complain to C&C that here is excessive vibration when car mileage is 20+k, they told me its due to Tb dirty and cleaned for me. Then after they did that engine very quiet again. After every 8000km, same thing comes back.so I just clean it now and then.

Its not a big issue actually and car still running perfectly... However to just unscrew 4 screws take out air intake and clean, and engine not vibrating at all, quite worth the effort.

Lancer ex??

A Mitsubishi.

R u using original air filter? Seems strange every 8k km u need to clean tb?

I doubt car was made to b like that. :wacko: