User Awareness on Parallel-Import Tyres by Bridgestone

Help1

PI Tyres Vs PI Car? This analog is far apart. Cannot compare in this way.

Dont like the tyre. or even it is a lemon tyre. just throw and buy a new set.

At the most lose few hundred to few K.

Unlike car, sell or buy a new car also a burn a big big hole in your pocket

1) tyres are warranty against shelf life defects like drying cracking. You can check that on PI tyres as well. Just don't buy one made too long ago and stored under the sun.

2) why warranty for wear and tear part? I find it funny, it's like buying insurance and knowing u can never claim.

1) tyres are warranty against shelf life defects like drying cracking. You can check that on PI tyres as well. Just don't buy one made too long ago and stored under the sun.

2) why warranty for wear and tear part? I find it funny, it's like buying insurance and knowing u can never claim.

Do u buy insurance for yourself n your family?

got manufacturer year on tyre one mah... juz take a closer look lor... warranty for 5yrs???!!! wahahaha... like tat i use for 2yrs dan take back warranty and ask how come haven 5th year but tyre worn out already and ask for warranty exchange??? lol

if like tat, i tink they better put lifetime warranty better...

Tyre warranty is not 1 to 1 exchange... :excl:

If threading is less than 50% also no more warranty... [shocked]

Even something happen to the tyre is discount given on next tyre purchase...but subject to tyre company approval... [shakehead]

why take the risk?

If you know how to avoid PI for cars, why can't you do the same for tyres?

Not sure what your motive is. Are you from bridgestone and losing sales to so-call PI tyres?

If you are genuine concerned, then u should be addressing ALL tyres (such as Michelin, Conti, etc), not just BS.

For me, due to the high mark up, definitely not worth to buy "authorised". I ve been driving many years with PI tyres already and no issue at all.

Not sure what your motive is. Are you from bridgestone and losing sales to so-call PI tyres?

If you are genuine concerned, then u should be addressing ALL tyres (such as Michelin, Conti, etc), not just BS.

For me, due to the high mark up, definitely not worth to buy "authorised". I ve been driving many years with PI tyres already and no issue at all.

i got the brochure from BS so i share with everyone in the forum.

It's just their marketing....nothing new, selling fear cos they can't/don't want to compete on price...

warranty.....rubbish lah.

mark up high high and take consumer as sucker or carrot head,

i buy as long as its not fake, like pirated dvd [lipsrsealed]

[laugh]

Ya i dun see need fr warranty fr tire. Just chk if it passed qc sud b enough.

What does tire warranty cover? Once qc passed e tire is good.

If pi tire cheaper i wil buy.

why take the risk?

If you know how to avoid PI for cars, why can't you do the same for tyres?

IMHO...want to whack the PI...dun use scare tactics lah...do it like Continental (Stamford Tyre)....laylong the tyre for a while...clear stock and kill the PI prices.

Why not buy PI...as long as its from the Manufacturer....and year of manufacture is within 2 years...ok for me. (off course check if rubber has harden or not.)

Do u buy insurance for yourself n your family?

So far in all my years of driving i never heard of anybody claim warranty on tire.

Last time my fren buy continental 20" go over kerb tire burst also cannot claim. Tire still very new. Dealer just say ty wil send back to manufacturer to chk how come so easy to burst.

Ty send or not also nobody know. Maybe ty just chuck it in e bin n forget abt it.

So far in all my years of driving i never heard of anybody claim warranty on tire.

Last time my fren buy continental 20" go over kerb tire burst also cannot claim. Tire still very new. Dealer just say ty wil send back to manufacturer to chk how come so easy to burst.

Ty send or not also nobody know. Maybe ty just chuck it in e bin n forget abt it.

agreed. tire warranty super duper hard to claim. they will give all sorts of excuses. Anyway, there have been warranty claims for goodyear asymmetric Gen1. Rather easy to claim as it is a known defect. I might as well take the savings up front and possibly can even buy 5-6 PI tires for the price of 4 AD tires. what are the odds of having to claim 2 tires in a set?

Hv u mentioned that u r from tire shop?

Do u sell bs tires? So u trying to protect yr company interest right?

It doesn't mean "proper" AD always do the "proper handling" of tyres.

It solely depends on the shop and the boss management, be it PI or AD, unless Bridgestone is saying it's very own made in Japan tyres can be lousy if it's brought in by PI.

↡ Advertisement