Rebates for new cars with lower carbon emissions

Help1

yah the diesel tax and the CEVS on ARF..

Sorento..so looking for a 7seater?

Still thinking, anyway it's lauching on 20 dec. Don't really wanna give up such a good FC as my mileage is real high and it's only once in a blue moon that my extended family goes back Kampung altogether.

↡ Advertisement

Actually to find out how they gonna rebate, just go to VW website, they state it quite clearly before and after price.

yes, i think they have made quite a clear illustration somehow..

btw, ya a 'subscriber/believer' to HSD?

yes, i think they have made quite a clear illustration somehow..

btw, ya a 'subscriber/believer' to HSD?

Subscriber/believer?

HSD work the way it suppose to work. Else it won't give me FC of 25 to 32. Last sat,

I drank too much last Sat and my friend drove me in my car and I observe the way he drive, new car nice to whack for him.... still able to achieve 20km/l.

Subscriber/believer?

HSD work the way it suppose to work. Else it won't give me FC of 25 to 32. Last sat,

I drank too much last Sat and my friend drove me in my car and I observe the way he drive, new car nice to whack for him.... still able to achieve 20km/l.

but HSD is not for highway cruising...more suitable for start-stop traffic/city drive like SG..

but HSD is not for highway cruising...more suitable for start-stop traffic/city drive like SG..

True, but don't look down on that bloody ECVT, I can cruise at 90 ~ 110kph looking at instant FC is around 25 to 35km/l

Actually alot of drivers out there have the misconception of CVT.

This car needs to be driven fast to get the good FC as you need to get to the cruising speed fast. At very gentle down slope, I can maintain 90 to 100 and achieve 35 to 40 km/l. Slight upslope will get around 20 to 25, steep slope will kill all the FC.

My weekly trip to Malacca, able to achieve around 23 to 24 km/l because I'm too lazy to drive properly.

Also one main thing that a lot fail to observe. If one keep using the battery on highway, when you exit the highway, the batt won't have enough juice to power it back home or to office carpark, meaning to say will be using engine to drive the car on small road, which normally give worst ever FC due to low gear ratio.

HSD is actually very interesting, if one knows how it works. It's really not for hardcore speeder and fat legs.

True, but don't look down on that bloody ECVT, I can cruise at 90 ~ 110kph looking at instant FC is around 25 to 35km/l

Actually alot of drivers out there have the misconception of CVT.

This car needs to be driven fast to get the good FC as you need to get to the cruising speed fast. At very gentle down slope, I can maintain 90 to 100 and achieve 35 to 40 km/l. Slight upslope will get around 20 to 25, steep slope will kill all the FC.

My weekly trip to Malacca, able to achieve around 23 to 24 km/l because I'm too lazy to drive properly.

Also one main thing that a lot fail to observe. If one keep using the battery on highway, when you exit the highway, the batt won't have enough juice to power it back home or to office carpark, meaning to say will be using engine to drive the car on small road, which normally give worst ever FC due to low gear ratio.

HSD is actually very interesting, if one knows how it works. It's really not for hardcore speeder and fat legs.

i definitely know how it works =)

there are always the different school of thoughts between car makers -

hybrid vs turbocharged

cvt vs 6/7/8 speeds

Edited by Cluboxed

I thought the system takes care of batt alone or batt + engine depending on speed/driving conditions? You mean can override and use batt only when cruising?

I thought the system takes care of batt alone or batt + engine depending on speed/driving conditions? You mean can override and use batt only when cruising?

You can manual override it using batt until 50kph only.

But if you are gentle enough, at high speed, you will still be able to run it batt only(system), any more pressure you put on the accelerator it will go back to petrol again.

Even when it's running full petrol, when the correct pressure is apply, it will give FC extremely good FC on flat, and slight down slope(over 35km/l) at over 80kph.

Hi, im a newcomer to this forum. But i have burning questions to ask. I have recently signed a sales agreement to buy a Honda Vezel at a certain price. About 1 month later, agent called and told me LTA has reduced the rebate for this model because of higher CO2 emission and asked me to top up $5k. I argued that i signed the agreement prior to the change and that i shouldnt be made to pay the difference. Agent remained adamant and asked me to reconsider. I have all the time to think about it until the car is due for collection.

Any advice what else i can do about this situation?

↡ Advertisement