Changing of tyre valve?

Stratovarius

Hello. Realized that one of my tyres is leaking air. Check around and found out the the area around the valve is source. First time kena valve leak but not sure if i can change the valve only. I supposed the valve is not connected to the tyre itself right? If can change, how much will the cost be? Any shops in the north i can go to?

If cannot, then i have to bring forward my rubber changing schedule earlier. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

TS, how long you had this existing tyre valve which leaks and the other 3 valves? If too long ago, suggest you change all 4 at one go!

Last month I changed tyres and the shop boss told me to change all 4 valves since its >4 years liao. He told me old tyre valves are more prone to damages...I wasn't sure about what he said is true or not.... but since the price of a tyre valve is not expensive, I just change all 4 to brand new ones.

Edited by TVT

TS, how long you had this existing tyre valve which leaks and the other 3 valves? If too long ago, suggest you change all 4 at one go!

Last month I changed tyres and the shop boss told me to change all 4 valves since its >4 years liao. He told me old tyre valves are more prone to damages...I wasn't sure about what he said is true or not.... but since the price of a tyre valve is not expensive, I just change all 4 to brand new ones.

My valves should be around 2.5yrs. Was told by the mech that they will change my valves when i changed my tyres then. Your mech should be correct as i feel that rubber will harden over time and crack/tear easily. Ya i might change all 4 even though i have plans to change tyres early next year. Troublesome to go to the workshop every now and then.

↡ Advertisement