We Are Still The BEST..... SIA

Picnic06-Biante15

You might be surprised how many cabin crew look pretty ordinary once they are out of that corset and tight uniform and no makeup. Body slim but that's not out of the ordinary, looks nothing special. The long hours in dry cabin air also doesn't help.

I think you are right.  As long as they have ok facial features and are slim enough, make-up and uniform can do wonders. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

You might be surprised how many cabin crew look pretty ordinary once they are out of that corset and tight uniform and no makeup. Body slim but that's not out of the ordinary, looks nothing special. The long hours in dry cabin air also doesn't help.

This one's really `ugly'... the worst i've ever seen in my years of flying on SQ.

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

This one's really `ugly'... the worst i've ever seen in my years of flying on SQ.

its ok lah.. year on year, those recent miss Singapore pageant has probably made me wish I had glaucoma

I probably believe u, but numb already to what constitutes beauty.

By the way, every year on year, its always inner beauty and  World peace.

So you can expect you not going to be getting a whole lot of eye candid that can give you diabetes anytime soon.

Of course, we have to think of less sugar for a healty living..But not when it's a Miss Singapore pageant 

its ok lah.. year on year, those recent miss Singapore pageant has probably made me wish I had glaucoma

I probably believe u, but numb already to what constitutes beauty.

By the way, every year on year, its always inner beauty and  World peace.

So you can expect you not going to be getting a whole lot of eye candid that can give you diabetes anytime soon.

Of course, we have to think of less sugar for a healty living..But not when it's a Miss Singapore pageant 

Haha.... cant agree more. Wanted to give you a praise but cannot  <_< hmm

Supersonic

Compared to the grumpy grannies at United, count ur lucky stars liao....

Twincharged

Compared to the grumpy grannies at United, count ur lucky stars liao....

United still ranks as the most crappy non budget airline I have ever taken from Singapore.

I guess most of the money saved from hiring crap crews is used on compensation to disgruntled passengers.

Supersonic

United still ranks as the most crappy non budget airline I have ever taken from Singapore.

I guess most of the money saved from hiring crap crews is used on compensation to disgruntled passengers.

US carriers are a strange lot.

On the ground, I generally find US service standards i.e restaurants, retail, etc are pretty top notch.

But up in the air, it’s the opposite.

I’ve flown JetBlue, Virgin America that are the so-called ‘enlightened’ US carriers. Don’t find it any better than AirAsia or Tiger.

Some ppl say “oh, coz Americans fly as often as we take bus here so can’t expect much”. But Americans also shop and dine regularly on the ground n service standards still ok. Maybe need to tip those grumpy grannies 15% each time they bring us water....?

Supersonic

Dont land lo or go somewhere nearest airport to land?  :D

If the winds are so strong in the area, why do they want to take the risk to fly further?

SIA lands on Time Magazine's list of 50 'Genius Companies'

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/sia-lands-on-time-magazines-list-of-50-genius-companies

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) has been named as one of 50 “Genius Companies” in an inaugural annual list compiled by Time Magazine.

According to Time, the firms identified are “inventing the future”, “driving progress now” and “bear watching for what they do next”.

Companies were picked based on factors including originality, influence, success and ambition, Time said in its latest issue.

SIA is the only South-east Asian company on the list and one of a small number of Asian companies named, including technology firm DJI and Xiaomi from China, and Nintendo from Japan.

It is also the only airline on the list.

Other global companies that made the list include Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Netflix, Nike and SpaceX. The companies are not ranked.

In its write-up on SIA, Time noted that the airline was named 2018’s best airline in the world by Skytrax. SIA also bagged the title of “Best Airline in the World” based on reviews on popular travel website TripAdvisor.

SIA spokesman Nicholas Ionides said: “We are honoured to have been recognised by Time as a leading company driving innovation. Our business model is built upon the three main pillars of product leadership, service excellence and network connectivity, and as part of our ongoing transformation programme, we are investing heavily in strengthening all three of these areas.

“It is encouraging to be recognised for the initiatives that we are putting in place to enhance the travel experience of our customers and to strengthen the SIA Group.”

The recent accolade comes as the airline prepares to relaunch a 19-hour service from Singapore to New York’s Newark Liberty International Airport on Thursday (Oct 11), reclaiming the title of operating the world’s longest non-stop flight.

SIA operated the same route from 2004 to 2013 but had cancelled the service amid unsustainable operating costs.

The new service will be operated with an Airbus 350-900 ultra-long-range aircraft, which SIA will be the first to fly.

In the budget travel segment, the group’s low-cost arm Scoot is also growing.

Scoot said on Monday that it has taken delivery of the first of 39 Airbus 320neo aircraft from Toulouse, France.

The delivery marks the beginning of Scoot’s narrow-body fleet renewal plan, and the A-320neos will service Scoot’s short- to medium-haul regional destinations, the airline said.

The plane will make its debut flight from Singapore to Bangkok on Oct 29.

↡ Advertisement