Where to buy cheaper cholesterol medicine?

Mustank

No choice if it is genetic and no choice but to pop pills for the rest of your life. Cause if not very risky if your cholesterol level is high.

Yah. Dam bloody high. Also cannot measure the index...

↡ Advertisement

Last year I had a blood test done at polyclinic and a few days later got call from polyclinic that Dr wanted wanted to see me ASAP !!! :a-SOS:

A Dr looked at me very stressed and said my readings were off the charts. :a-confused:

I was very surprised and I felt perfectly OK.

Did another blood test and 2 days later went back to polyclinic and another Dr attended to me. He looked at the results and looked at me and asked "You got go gym ?".

By then the readings were somewhat back to normal levels so no further action required.

Googled a bit and found out that gym workouts will affect blood test results for some people. So happens I was in the gym just a day before the first blood test.

This was new to me so just sharing my personal experience. So now I do not do any form of strenuous exercise 2 - 3 days before my blood test.

Then those piak piak one how? :XD:

Nothing :grin:

Really nothing :XD:

oic ... hands-free ah ? 

hmmm

Usually when some people exercise, u can get blood in the urine. I guess your Creatine kinase can get elevated temporarily if you lifted enough heavy weights.

never saw TG/cholesterol being affected by exercise.

You may be right, could be CK reading too.

I just mentally file erased that particular episode once reading levels were back to normal.

So now I just don't do any exercise 48 hours before blood test. At most brisk walk. 

Again I stress, I am probably the minority on this. 

oic ... hands-free ah ?

You may be right, could be CK reading too.

I just mentally file erased that particular episode once reading levels were back to normal.

So now I just don't do any exercise 48 hours before blood test. At most brisk walk.

Again I stress, I am probably the minority on this.

No lah no lah :XD:

Just curious, is this number correct.

I've never seen such a high level ever in my experience.

Even among totally uncontrolled diabetics.

It seems like a typo to me.

I know it is hard to believe, even my super overweight chief's friend, his triglycerides only reaches 1023. Unfortunately, can't go wrong from my track record, it is printed in the my report: Triglycerides = 1333 mg/dl

In fact, my blood tests for triglycerides level's history was like that:

723 in 2005,

580 in 2007,

374 in 2008,

253 in 2009,

300 in 2010: 

Didn't go for health screening since past few years triglycerides level seems getting better. 

Then on 2013, triglycerides level shot up to 1034. Still, I didn't take medicine, thought can simply watch my diet and exercise more... 

On 2015, triglycerides level came down 561. Saw it reduced from 1034, so I thought I can just continue the same way and be able to get better result on next blood test...

On July2016, it shot up to 1276. Although the GP had given me medicine but I still 'tee-ki", I thought I can be better by consuming the folk prescriptions (偏方) --  "sky fruit"  and "Fenugreek seeds"...

3 months later, on Oct2015, I retake the blood test, the folk prescriptions does no effect at all, my triglycerides further shot up to 1333 mg/dl

BTW, all these while, although my cholesterol/triglycerides are high, but I don't feel any discomfort or what, everything were as per nornmal,  that's why I didn't take it seriously. But as age is catching up, so I know I must get serious this round and do something to help myself, so that's where I started to exercise daily, watch diet and take medication.

• Praise 1

Ok, miscalculated the mg/dl conversion. I usually use mmol/L. 
I've seen someone so high as you before, but he was an undiagnosed diabetic.

even meds to reduce triglycerides won't help you much. Anyway they don't show much independent benefit towards reducing your risk of heart attacks/strokes etc.

So for you, really have to watch your diet like a hawk.

It's like the bomb countdown timer for you have started liao, just that someone temporarily stopped the timer only.

I know it is hard to believe, even my super overweight chief's friend, his triglycerides only reaches 1023. Unfortunately, can't go wrong from my track record, it is printed in the my report: Triglycerides = 1333 mg/dl

723 in 2005,

580 in 2007,

374 in 2008,

253 in 2009,

300 in 2010: 

Didn't go for health screening since past few years triglycerides level seems getting better. 

Then on 2013, triglycerides level shot up to 1034. Still, I didn't take medicine, thought can simply watch my diet and exercise more... 

On 2015, triglycerides level came down 561. Saw it reduced from 1034, so I thought I can just continue the same way and be able to get better result on next blood test...

On July2016, it shot up to 1276. Although the GP had given me medicine but I still 'tee-ki", I thought I can be better by consuming the folk prescriptions (偏方) --  "sky fruit"  and "Fenugreek seeds"...

3 months later, on Oct2015, I retake the blood test, the folk prescriptions does no effect at all, my triglycerides further shot up to 1333 mg/dl

BTW, all these while, although my cholesterol/triglycerides are high, but I don't feel any discomfort or what, everything were as per nornmal,  that's why I didn't take it seriously. But as age is catching up, so I know I must get serious this round and do something to help myself, so that's where I started to exercise daily, watch diet and take medication.

• Praise 1

Woah! I see Liao scared

Quickly go check my trigly

Heng pass exam [sweatdrop]

I know it is hard to believe, even my super overweight chief's friend, his triglycerides only reaches 1023. Unfortunately, can't go wrong from my track record, it is printed in the my report: Triglycerides = 1333 mg/dl

723 in 2005,

580 in 2007,

374 in 2008,

253 in 2009,

300 in 2010:

Didn't go for health screening since past few years triglycerides level seems getting better.

Then on 2013, triglycerides level shot up to 1034. Still, I didn't take medicine, thought can simply watch my diet and exercise more...

On 2015, triglycerides level came down 561. Saw it reduced from 1034, so I thought I can just continue the same way and be able to get better result on next blood test...

On July2016, it shot up to 1276. Although the GP had given me medicine but I still 'tee-ki", I thought I can be better by consuming the folk prescriptions (åæ¹) -- "sky fruit" and "Fenugreek seeds"...

3 months later, on Oct2015, I retake the blood test, the folk prescriptions does no effect at all, my triglycerides further shot up to 1333 mg/dl

BTW, all these while, although my cholesterol/triglycerides are high, but I don't feel any discomfort or what, everything were as per nornmal, that's why I didn't take it seriously. But as age is catching up, so I know I must get serious this round and do something to help myself, so that's where I started to exercise daily, watch diet and take medication.

I see your one I also scared liao

I better health check every year

I think for all those readings, its really depends on individually de. Even the reading is high on cholesterol or triglycerides, some of then don't feel any discomfort or what, everything were as per normal for many many years. But some only a bit abnormal and it trigger discomfort or even risk in TIA or stroke etc.

I think for all those readings, its really depends on individually de. Even the reading is high on cholesterol or triglycerides, some of then don't feel any discomfort or what, everything were as per normal for many many years. But some only a bit abnormal and it trigger discomfort or even risk in TIA or stroke etc.

I read there is such thing a silent hear attack.. Heart kenna damage liao still don't know.

I read there is such thing a silent hear attack.. Heart kenna damage liao still don't know.

Thats why nowadays people can suddenly heart attack. But even stoke sometimes also dont know de. Then when it strike you might be a bit too late.

Thats why nowadays people can suddenly heart attack. But even stoke sometimes also dont know de. Then when it strike you might be a bit too late.

That's so correct, I'm consider lucky, heng ah, nothing happen with high cholesterol/triglyceride for years.

And after seeing quite a number of cases, especially young one, even army personal suddenly dead when exercising, so I decided to overcome my cholesterol issue.

Kia-si when getting older, and need to remain healthy so to enjoy hard earned money mah, haha 

Hey guys! I eat oat for dinner everyday for one month, I lose 2.5kg!!!!

I listen to lala buy those steel cut oats, no instant ones

But I no sugar, no topping, no nothing

I finished one pack liao, now I am into my 2nd

Sai become harder

Not sure why

But I usually got some reward to help me eat

$3 vegetable from cai png store

Oat become my rice

Trick is to eat so much oat that you can’t eat anything else

Like ice cream chips etc

(Usually I eat lots of snack after dinner)

So I eat a lot of oat

Then I can’t eat anything else

No excerise but lots of sexercise :grin:

But I still eat 4 cubes of old gold dark chocolate as dessert :grin:

LDL got drop or not I donno ah

This chocolate

cadbury-old-gold-70-cocoa_4fcd722e9d1f4.

Also end up drinking more water

Aslo donno why

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I just did my health screen once every two years....

LDL

2013 177 mg/dL

2015 158

2017 174....

Triglycerides dropped though...

I just eat fish oil and 3in1 oats for breakfast.... signed up for gym , going to swim 3 times a week

Problem with me is my Uric acid is high too 9.1 mg/dL .. now got hip pain sometimes.. so many things cannot eat

Hey guys! I eat oat for dinner everyday for one month, I lose 2.5kg!!!!

I listen to lala buy those steel cut oats, no instant ones

But I no sugar, no topping, no nothing

I finished one pack liao, now I am into my 2nd

Sai become harder

Not sure why

But I usually got some reward to help me eat

$3 vegetable from cai png store

Oat become my rice

Aslo donno why

Is instant oats Bad?

An Aspirin a day will keep stroke/heart attack away. An aspirin act as a blood thinner so that we won't get sudden attack. I think Some doctor prescribe aspirin to those above 65 years old. One month supply cost about $13 dollars. Buy in jb is even cheaper. Just don't take on empty stomach.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1