Small car suggestion

Throttle2

I saw many ladies driving latio. Uncle car is altis la. :D

The whole range of Nissan and Benz is for uncles. I can bet you the average age of the drivers of all vehicles in thses two brands could easily be above 60 [:p]

Lol, if doesnt want to add extra unnecessary burden, then should not buy any car. [:p]

Yup, she doesnt want it but for convenience and efficiency, i am insisting.

I see her use the pram take Public quite shiong and i cant always be there.

take cab best of both worlds. thread close.

Jazz has one serious shortcoming, it is very underpowered and slow. Fast driver like myself, no way.

Which small hatch of this character is not slow?

Aiyah....

she doesn't want it because

you are not buying another porsche, which also a small car, for her

:D

take cab best of both worlds. thread close.

Not quite becos, i stay in private estate so must call cab to come in and calling for cab can take quite a while. Plse dont waste time to suggest taxi as i have already outline the purpose of thread. Thx

Which small hatch of this character is not slow?

Aiyah....

suzuki swift not exactly slow, not sure about the rest, but i have driven jazz before (used and new), the 1.3l is really, really underpowered and slow. to the extent really unacceptable.

Not quite becos, i stay in private estate so must call cab to come in and calling for cab can take quite a while. Plse dont waste time to suggest taxi as i have already outline the purpose of thread. Thx

Agreed, calling taxi can be very troublesome if stay in private estate, best is to drive a car lo. If she needs to use a pram, then maybe hatchback not very practical. get sedan car better since there is a decent boot space. I still think latio sedan quite a good compact mid range car.

Edited by 13177

how come no one mentioned or suggest 1.5 Vios?!

i think its quite useful and could be cheaper too for those 2006/07 make?!

plus since have pram, the boot might be in good use.

I would also suggest the mx5, think possible under 45k.....and if jazz, 1.5l would be better with 120bhp and not underpowered....fuel efficient but budget will not be under 45k.....next would be mazda 2, March and Ford focus hatch.

Hope your wifey likes the car u finally decide on.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I vote for Jazz (Fit) as I'm driving one. Yes agree with most here that it's underpowered,but then it is surprisingly roomy when the passenger seats are folded down. I can vouch for this as I 'converted' my Fit into a mini van during my house moving a couple of years back.I was able to pack in a few more items into my Fit & minimize the amount of trips between the 2 places. Lately, my mom was hospitalized for sometime and movement became a chore for her after discharge,so we bought a couple of wheelchairs (1 medium size and 1 small size) for her. Surprisingly,we were able to store the medium size wheelchair comfortably and without much difficulty into the back compartment without the need to adjust the passenger seats. With your current situation for your Mrs and child,I think the pram shouldn't be a problem, but it's good to try it out first.

Just my 2 cents worth. ^_^

Fellas, am thinking of getting small daily car for wife to run errants , to school and grocery shopping with expected mileage of 200km to 300km per month

I am looking at reg yr 2007-2008, auto, under $40k

Any suggestions , ideas and experience sharing?

Thanks

let me guess.. your wife is not a F1 driver?

take a jazz.. got boot space for your wife grocery shopping, dun need so much power, quite spacious and practical.. almost every seats can be fold down

↡ Advertisement