Singaporean Peter Lim to build RM3b Johor race track

Jasonjst

Track car not that expensive

For a Caterham, prices range for 15,000 pounds sterling to 45,000 pounds sterling ($30k - $90k SGD) and I guess that would include VAT as well, so is probably actually cheaper

Figure in export costs of say $5k, and you could have a track car here for very little (relatively speaking)

Then how much could storage cost you? $500-$1000 per month? Not so much really....

landed property=free storage.

i have seen cars for sale around 10-15k

Say goodbye to Singapore F1 night race once the contract ends.

"the track will be able to host all kinds of racing outside of single-seat class races" so it will still mean F1 races not included.

landed property=free storage.

i have seen cars for sale around 10-15k

Landed property here or Malaysia?

Of course, if landed property in Malaysia, you have security issues, unless you wanna go for Condo with security?

What are the laws like regarding keeping unregistered cars in Malaysia?

Yeah, the price I am quoting is direct from the Caterham factory website, I would be sure you could get something good far far cheaper if you looked around the used car market

(edited)

Overheard in VIP washroom into parliment house -

A: what the tuk this peter lim is trying to do, undermining our motor hub project at changi?

Lets report to dear leader, he will know how to fix him jiak lak jiak lak. Zero tolerance for such people who dare upstage the best in the world!

B: No need lah. Our project double confirmed a repeated, permanent still-born. Peter has kindly provided us with a good excuse to can the motor hub once and for all. We can cite reason for the cancellation- foreseeable stiff competition from Iskanda. Full stop.

Er next , this same Peter Lim is going to built a world class hospital / medical hub in JB , to charge Singaporean lower prices ! How ? Singaporean should thanks him , no ? [:p]

Edited by Jasonjst

everyone also knows as long as you are ultra rich in bolehland,there's always "under table" deals to feed those maggots to get things in your way.

Edited by PorkChong

This might lead to some people getting a house at iskandar, then can keep trailer/track car there for easy access or just utilise the secure storage facilities. Hoot one track EG civic also shiok.

This might lead to some people getting a house at iskandar, then can keep trailer/track car there for easy access or just utilise the secure storage facilities. Hoot one track EG civic also shiok.

It'd be awesome right? Go in, spend the weekend, out to track one day, play golf the other...

Even for the poor man like me can still do

used to have rumours Iskandar region will be special passport-free for singaporeans... but sadly it went quiet.

hopefully it can be revived...

real smart of him to get sultan n MY coy involved

sultan and MY gov only need to shake-leg-count -money

Supercharged

ONZ LIAO! :D

"Singapore billionaire Peter Lim on Tuesday formalised his venture with Malaysian state-owned

UEM Land to build an integrated motorsports hub in Johor's Iskandar region."

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...b-2016-20121204

hope the bonded garage storage fee not too expensive,

then can consider buying track car...

Edited by Eyke

used to have rumours Iskandar region will be special passport-free for singaporeans... but sadly it went quiet.

Well I'd expect certain TMJ plate cars to be there pretty regularly if its a good track

Landed property here or Malaysia?

Of course, if landed property in Malaysia, you have security issues, unless you wanna go for Condo with security?

What are the laws like regarding keeping unregistered cars in Malaysia?

Yeah, the price I am quoting is direct from the Caterham factory website, I would be sure you could get something good far far cheaper if you looked around the used car market

landed property here also free. condo also can park if your condo has spare lots

landed property here also free. condo also can park if your condo has spare lots

Yes, but keeping an unregistered track car here is going to be an issue, an it will be an even bigger issue taking it in and out every time. (you will need all sorts of permits etc)

ONZ LIAO! :D

"Singapore billionaire Peter Lim on Tuesday formalised his venture with Malaysian state-owned

UEM Land to build an integrated motorsports hub in Johor's Iskandar region."

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...b-2016-20121204

hope the bonded garage storage fee not too expensive,

then can consider buying track car...

good news for malaysian car thief, more good cars and more models to choose from! [laugh]

wonder how many gift wrapped maclarens were offered as dowry.....? [laugh]

It'd be awesome right? Go in, spend the weekend, out to track one day, play golf the other...

Even for the poor man like me can still do

u not scare the johorians comprain to their MP and call u cheep FT meh? :D

u not scare the johorians comprain to their MP and call u cheep FT meh? :D

Used to it oreddy mah - get called cheep FT here, why not there as well?

↡ Advertisement