Left Msia without chop

Pandaeyes

My case was when coming back to Singapore didn't stamp. Singapore side discover the missing stamp and ask us to go back Malaysia custom to get stamp. Just u-turn, explain to the MY custom, they just let us into Malaysia and ask us to join back the normal queue. Had to drive thru jln Wong ah fook and back again.

↡ Advertisement

Me and 2 more friends never chop passports at MY custom and came back to sg. We didnt notice that till the next time we went in. This time was only 2 of us. He ask us to go office at first but I offer him money. He thought for a moment and ask me how much I gonna pay him. I said 300rm is only what we have. Take it or we go office with him. In the end he took the money and cancelled the last chop and sign on it.

But if I'm in your shoes, I rather go office cause it's your kids and wife passport. They might let you off. Who knows. Maybe you will be lucky.

Edited by ViperGTS

In my old passport, I remember having a stamp without the exit stamp. It didn't occur to me then to go to their immigration office to settle the issue. And, for subsequent visits after that, nobody ever asked me why I had no exit stamp on it. Maybe, I was lucky. :D Recently, I flown to Sabah via KLIA and the female immigration officer over there showed me a glum face when I greeted her. Not only that, she stamped the entry stamp on the last page of my passport despite having only the front few pages being stamped previously.

Firstly, no table to bang when discovered passport not stamped at outgoing msian immigration. Secondly, din even know no stamp till the officer asked. Thirdly, i have only my words against theirs that i entered legally without stamp as evidence.

I jolly well be apologetic because it is also my responsibility to ensure my passport is stamped. Nothing to lose as well other than a fright the first instance upon discovery.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Many years ago....went in jb by bus....it was the old custom buildings.... my wife and i decided to walk across the causeway but to our shock....we actually passed the Malaysia custom without passing our passport for checks...and we were already walking towards Singapore side......the next moment , we think hard whether to return to let them chop our passport....but we decided to head back to Singapore...it is a stupid decision but we manage to get pass Singapore custom too..without any issue with the passport......next day...went to change passport and don't have any problem entering Malaysia again....but this was donkey years ago so may be the computer system doesn't capture detail info then....don't do that now....suggest go back Malaysia custom to settle the problem...

Edited by LoverofCar

Happened to me last month. At exit of Msian Immigration on the way back to Singapore, the lady officer couldn't find my entry chop. Asked me to look. I couldn't find it either and felt quite stupid for not checking. However, I told her to scan my passport and see when I had entered. She had the record in her computer, so I just went to the office and got it stamped and signed by a senior officer. No kopi money needed. Don't bribe them. Just reason with them that their officer on entry did not stamp it even though my passport was recorded as scanned in for entry.

i haven't been in this position before, but i suggest not to risk going to customs and kenah questioning etc, at the mercy of the officers. somemore, not 1 person, is so many. i suggest you check with the embassy or whatever. or go MFA. settle it on singapore soil.

I agree. I would let MFA know first. Thereafter seek advice from them as to what shd be the next step.

I feel settling here in spore soil is safest.

As for reporting loss of passports, wouldn't the Msian immigration a have electronic records as they endorse our passports? If so then our outgoing shd be captured and it will show no incoming.

Many years ago....went in jb by bus....it was the old custom buildings.... my wife and i decided to walk across the causeway but to our shock....we actually passed the Malaysia custom without passing our passport for checks...and we were already walking towards Singapore side......the next moment , we think hard whether to return to let them chop our passport....but we decided to head back to Singapore...it is a stupid decision but we manage to get pass Singapore custom too..without any issue with the passport......next day...went to change passport and don't have any problem entering Malaysia again....but this was donkey years ago so may be the computer system doesn't capture detail info then....don't do that now....suggest go back Malaysia custom to settle the problem...

But now got computer system not too sure will capture my outgoing but no incoming. Unless the computer system is boleh. For show only.

Turbocharged

Best solution. [thumbsup]

newer passport only valid for 5 years. just go 'renew' it.

save the hassle.

take this $70 replacement fee a lesson to check before leaving customs.

Oh will it affect my trips to other countries?

Think some countries only got 1 stamp when going in, so don't think it'll affect your future trips to other countries......

newer passport only valid for 5 years. just go 'renew' it.

save the hassle.

take this $70 replacement fee a lesson to check before leaving customs.

as per TS its going to be $70 * x number of family members....

then as per another reply, cannot be possible to have WHOLE family lose passport right?

Hi

Need advice on the following.

Wanted to go to Msia via 2nd link today. Very bad jam from Tuas to Msia checkpoint. Was in jam from. 11-215pm. My young kids were screaming and crying as they were restless and hungry. I made a U turn back to Spore after clearing Msia outgoing immigration without a stamp chop at incoming Msia immigration. There was a U turn sign showing "Singapura." Was that signage for the purposes of making a turn back to Spore?

I managed to clear ICA immigration.

Any issues since my records at Msia would show that I'm still in Msia but in actual fact I'm in Spore?

If there are issues what shd I do?

if you want to u turn back you have to tell the custom officer and they will not stamp your passport...............once you stamp incoming you must stamp outgoing.....

it maybe troublesome..............but best is to go back with your family and clear the issue with the custom...............or you get into overstaying issue with them later because no exit stamp..............and the passport holders need to be present................you cannot bring their passport and go on their behalf......

they scan our passports also.....that is why the system sld have capture the incoming and outgoing details...........in your case you have incoming but no outgoing details ..............and only the custom can settle..........singapore side cannot do anything one lah...........MFA will also tell you to go settle with custom one..........

Good luck bro..........can understand the frustration of getting in a jam and the lady kpkb and ended up with more issue..........but take it as a lesson learn lah.........

Oh will it affect my trips to other countries?

it will not effect your trips to other countries..................but do you plan not to go into malaysia anymore ???............

Edited by Tianmo

What is the occasion today? How come custom jam until so jialat? [:/]

don't know leh..................but was real bad........... [:(] [:(] [:(]

↡ Advertisement