Left Msia without chop

Pandaeyes

My kids are only 2 and 3 yrs old. Today I wouldn't have done what I did if not for leaking pampers and screaming for food.

I really hope I don't have to go in to meet the customs folks with my young kids. It will traumatic if say, Kenna detained or jailed with my kids over there.

Think won't ever go in Msia again.

stay cool headed next time as you are the leader of your house.

suggest you follow the rest of their advice and "renew" your passport.

if its jus urself maybe you can go back cham siong with them, wif kids and wife in tow i would not risk it.

1st incident was went in with 4 friends, on return sg ica picked up 1 passport was not stamped, stupid us never check wen leaving msia. immediately u turn back. at msia side at their office the senior officer was a motherly lady who told us mus becareful and mus take care of ourselves in a foreign country. told her staff to stamp for us. from then on we are VERY PARANOID (that wad u shld be) with entry n exit stamps.

there are always huge driveways after the booths, park at the side and scrutinised every pp including the clarity. As long as u dont blk pple they are ok with u stopping there. i been doing that for years.

2nd incident was my last drive up to Genting in 2008, by some stroke of suay ness , my entry stamp 's 2008 became 2000, the centre stroke for the 8 disppeared. i was still at the customs, went back to the booth, the chap jus TOOK A PEN and wrote the 8 using blue ball point pen.

so from the risk of overstaying for 8 yrs became alteration of the entry stamp.

being a paranoid sgporean i went to the main customs office and request the senior officer either revoke the stamp and give me a new one, being a chicken and duck talking, we settled for a counter-sign, i memorised her name but luckily no problems on the return trip.

is it not easier to do a explaination than to report a lost.

1 passport 70 bucks x family members... [crazy]

do not be paranoid and think our ah bang there are some kind of trouble makers...

Ever happen to me also, no chop. don't bother to talk to them. Just change the passport and move on. Don't be at the mercy of these people. Bang table and reason out with them, will land you further s--t. Happy holiday

Changing passport more troublesome and expensive. Make your own chop and chop your own passport.

Think I've been to that fruit farm before......also nothing much to see also.......think we'll skip Desaru and go further north instead........ [laugh]

Good to hear that the price for RON97 has dropped, M'sia boleh!!! [bounce2]

ostrich and crocodile farm... getting up close and personal with ostrich is a novelty if never try before

Ts, don't tell lie and report pps lost, and don't think our ICA stupid to believe all lost cases, you might invite more interviews and unwanted records in your family travelling systems in the future. You might genuinely need help from our authority in the future during your travel, you might not know. Either you don't go in to Malaysia anymore or you go face the music now, I bet they will not make it difficult for you and your family.

Yup. I'll let our local authorities know first before embarking on touching base with Msia immigration either via email or physically at checkpoints.

Better to go in on weekdays I guess. I guess shdnt be too paranoid n think that they r just up to tricks.

That is becos u dun hv entry chop....

No entry chop implies that u enter malaysia via illegal means

No exit chop..... is Singapore side problem mah

Hmmm. No exit chop I thought it will be an overstaying issue in msia side. Not so much to do with Spore immigration problem.

nowadays with biometric passport..." information " of the holder is still detectable by those face recognition readers at customs....dunno if changing to a new passport number would help to rectify the problem TS is facing, ya their system would probably state that he overstayed if exit info were not keyed in......I think it is better to seek help from MHA first before going solo to malaysia soil....better be safe than sorry from naked squat later [laugh]

Hmmm. No exit chop I thought it will be an overstaying issue in msia side. Not so much to do with Spore immigration problem.

How to prove u overstay if u r back in singapore? U went thru singapore ica booth right

All cars license plate are taken down by a camera at the booth... ur passport also scanned

How to prove u overstay if u r back in singapore? U went thru singapore ica booth right

All cars license plate are taken down by a camera at the booth... ur passport also scanned

True. So it doesn't make sense that I have over stayed when I went thru ICA. But the issue is whether ICA will want to show CCTV to prove my entry back to Spore to Msia. I doubt so.

True. So it doesn't make sense that I have over stayed when I went thru ICA. But the issue is whether ICA will want to show CCTV to prove my entry back to Spore to Msia. I doubt so.

Why do u need to prove if u are already in singapore?

Duhz

TS, you just need to re-enter malaysia soon, before the social visit period given is up, get entry stamp, then later the exit stamp when you return.

They key in your info into their system, but as far as they're concerned, you're still in malaysia legally as they give you a certain amount of time to stay. Just don't exceed this time period, as it will be considered over-staying... it will be harder to explain.

It's a normal problem, and most likely they'll just shoo you in, then out again with no issue. No need to over-analyze, consider all the what-ifs and worry yourself for no great reason [wave]

If they do question you, then just explain truthfully and humbly admit your mistake.

Edited by Sosaria

dinosaur years ago in the old custom, they never chop my passport when i entry as i didnt notice till i exit, the custom officer ask me to go to office.

end up kena cut throat by them for asking rm200 kopi $$ in other to get exit stamp...

Supercharged

ah............went to eat ah soon BKT............and went desaru jalan jalan.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

How long were you jammed at the Causeway? What time was it?

Give kopi money. Simple. Been there done that. Lol.

i dont go msia but isnt msia also stepping up on corruption? if u bribe sala pax then hor say liao, really is kena bigger problem?

Supercharged

Wanted to go to Msia via 2nd link today. Very bad jam from Tuas to Msia checkpoint. Was in jam from. 11-215pm. My young kids were screaming and crying as they were restless and hungry. I made a U turn back to Spore after clearing Msia outgoing immigration without a stamp chop at incoming Msia immigration. There was a U turn sign showing "Singapura." Was that signage for the purposes of making a turn back to Spore?

If I were you, I would bring my family back into JB soon, maybe this time during the weekdays or night time, to avoid the jam so less complain from the children! Once reach JB immigration booth, tell them want to see the officer-in-charge. When asked why, tell them the issue. When see the officer-in-charge, explain the situation, admit the mistake ..... I think they will do the 'amendment' on your passport.

Remember to get the entry chop before you leave the booth to see the officer-in-charge...

Supercharged

I know singapore side, we can u turn without gg thru immigration even if we hv passed the singapore immigration....

No, lah..not like what you've said.

Last year my friend kenna accident on viaduct road leading into Singapore CIQ. His car still can move so he decided not go JB and wanted to U-turn to SG to do repairs. But there was no U-turn ahead. Only choice was to go thru immigration, scanned our passports and even pay the toll. Further up there was a Custom checkpoint and we stop there to explain to the officer in uniform. He then took out passports and help us scan our passports for 'returning'. After that he open a special lane (which was locked) for us to drive back to Woodlands.

↡ Advertisement