Bird pest removal

Ah_liang

Kana notice from Town Council.

post-2654-0-91311900-1553922238_thumb.jpg

Then i went and see and saw the pigeons with their eggs.

post-2654-0-26092800-1553922289_thumb.jpg

So i called back the number on the card, the hotline person say town council closed on weekend. Weekday then call back. Asked Acres if they want the eggs, they dont want. Asked AVA, no more liao, now Nparks take over. They also dont want. Say pigeons are invasive species. So i cleared the nest and place the eggs in a proper box at the same place.

post-2654-0-89147900-1553922541_thumb.jpg

Parents came back and look.

post-2654-0-53158600-1553922571_thumb.jpgpost-2654-0-81248400-1553922611_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Birds ok. Wasp hive then scary. some wasps attempted to make a hive at my door entrance (between the gate and the door)... 

I dont get it ... so what bird nest on the ledge.

In the past afew times , pigeons also nested behind my air conn. I dont like it but i will leave them alone till all fly away .

Then i clear off everything. As muh as i can , i will chase the birds away if they come back . At best efforts la... TC think i 24hr bird chaser meh. Anyway .. once the bird lay their eggs , they will come back to the same spot again everytime.

• Praise 1

In the past afew times , pigeons also nested behind my air conn. I dont like it but i will leave them alone till all fly away .

Then i clear off everything. As muh as i can , i will chase the birds away if they come back . At best efforts la... TC think i 24hr bird chaser meh. Anyway .. once the bird lay their eggs , they will come back to the same spot again everytime.

Pigeons.

The egg can eat ?

Not interested to eat lah. I just leave it there and let the parents tabao it away if they can. Otherwise wait and see what town council say.

Twincharged

Pigeons are pest. Their droppings can transmit diseases. pigeons are flying versions of rats. Can kill them without any penalty. I can’t stand pigeons, shit everywhere. I’ll would use them for target practice if I could. Legally it is alright but I’m sure the public I’ll incur the wrath of the public if I did so.

• Praise 1

not anymore, i think likely bye bye already  [wave]  [wave]

google says the average lifespan is 3 to 4 years.

• In captivity, pigeons commonly live up to 15 years and sometimes longer. In urban populations, however, pigeons seldom live more than 3 or 4 years. Natural mortality factors, such as predation by mammals and other birds, diseases, and stress due to lack of food and water, reduce pigeon populations by approximately 30% annually.

you never explain to the baby that hdb is an asset... they can take over from the mama bird one la... unless they hit income ceiling.. went condo

Kana notice from Town Council.

20190330_125909.jpg

Then i went and see and saw the pigeons with their eggs.

20190330_101817.jpg

So i called back the number on the card, the hotline person say town council closed on weekend. Weekday then call back. Asked Acres if they want the eggs, they dont want. Asked AVA, no more liao, now Nparks take over. They also dont want. Say pigeons are invasive species. So i cleared the nest and place the eggs in a proper box at the same place.

20190330_111421.jpg

Parents came back and look.

20190330_111735.jpg 20190330_104040.jpg

A serious health hazard

My mum place was so bad that it looks like aliens hive

So I alerted all the neighbours downstairs then start using high pressure water machine to wash the place

Then I plaste those 3m hook on top roof of the air con ledge using a long pincer (not climb out and plaste)

Then I put the Taobao nylon bird net

post-131345-0-61878900-1554011322_thumb.jpg

https://pureaircontrols.com/human-health-dangers-bird-droppings-associated-building-hvac-systems/

My auntie pass away due to this

She thought she was doing kindness by feeding the pigeon

With the aircon exhaust fan blowing, it help spread the disease

Usually it kills children and old people the most as their immune system is weak

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

Screenshot_20190331-134746_Chrome.jpg

https://pureaircontrols.com/human-health-dangers-bird-droppings-associated-building-hvac-systems/

In the end

IMHO the only use of pigeons is target practice for the wild ones and those that are bred is roasted or double boiled pigeon soup.
  • Praise 1

Screenshot_20190331-134746_Chrome.jpg

With the aircon exhaust fan blowing, it help spread the disease

Usually it kills children and old people the most as their immune system is weak

Ohh i see. Thanks for the info . Lucky i clean up the ledge every year.
  • Praise 5

Ohh i see. Thanks for the info . Lucky i clean up the ledge every year.

Usually you just need to put next and roll it down, this would cause the pigeons to stop coming

Just get fishing nets

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1

Usually you just need to put next and roll it down, this would cause the pigeons to stop coming

Just get fishing nets

U mean put net to cover up the ledge ? My friends told me this too. Like that , must cover the top and side of the whole ledge. Wont the bird kana entangled?

I was thinking of placing a dummy Cat to scare off the birds .

• Praise 3

Just get fishing nets

my neighbour tied silicone eagle with used dvd disc to chase them away [idea]

plus additional netting from roof to bottom of aircon ledge  [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

pigeon in SG seems more than crow liao [shakehead]

• Praise 1

U mean put net to cover up the ledge ? My friends told me this too. Like that , must cover the top and side of the whole ledge. Wont the bird kana entangled?

I was thinking of placing a dummy Cat to scare off the birds . ð

just hang like curtains

dummy cats useless....I tried before, the pigeon will stay away for a few days then 1 of these day will land on the dummy cats

and game over

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

just hang like curtains

dummy cats useless....I tried before, the pigeon will stay away for a few days then 1 day will land on the dummy cats

and game over

Best way which I heard form pest control is to hire people from gun club to shoot them. Forever will not return.

Best way which I heard form pest control is to hire people from gun club to shoot them. Forever will not return.

cannot only crows and usually order by AVA if I am not wrong
↡ Advertisement