• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 13 praises

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Sailor
  • Premium member
    Sailor
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Been hearing about how every & any add-ons or mod will void the car's warranty. I'm sure the agent (eg: KMC) will be quick to void the warranty at any opportunity given and hence, no point asking what 'add-on or mod" will void the warranty since I have already installed so many "add-ons" (eg: Voltage Stabiliser, Oil Catch Tank, K&N CAI, etc....).

Been driving for 20 years and whenever I go back to Dealer's workshop, I always get the same reason... "It's wear and tear and I'll have to pay for replacement". So to me, warranty is like a MYTH..... do they even exist ? Hahahaha.....

Instead, I will greatly appreciate if any kind souls can advise where you will go for your Hyundai car servicing after the initial KMC's 1000km servicing? Or is it really that important to go back to Komoco and have them do my maintenance & repair since this is my 1st Hyundai car ?

Appreciate any valuable input.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

BengGaBoy
  • BengGaBoy
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Specific to KMC for Hyundai, within the warranty period, they did change parts for me upon complain from myself and verification by them.

For example, I complained that I felt vibration during stationary and they checked and changed the engine mounting. Likewise, I kana one time where there's something lose within the dashboard and causes some tiak tiak sound (very random and soft), it took KMC half day to troubleshoot and another half to fix it be removing the whole dashboard.

Even though I did not complain about the steering wheel problem, they told me that they fix something and indeed, I suddenly realized that full-lock sound is gone.

I know the above because I have car camera which recorded their conversation and the numerous test drive they made to isolate the issue.

Anyway, I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience. However, this car was serviced at KMC right from the start till today, not sure that's the reason why less resistant in changing parts for me.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Candice1
  • Candice1
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

It is always good to re-enter your car back to the agent if it is under warranty, however, like you mention, wear and tear are part of journey of the car.
Always get a quotation before you commit yourself into the repair.

I am driving a civic and i don't trust agent in terms of their price, well, i would say that the price are relatively on the high side.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Sailor
  • Premium member
    Sailor
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You are right and personal experience also seems to suggest that Agent's price is always on the high side. Notwithstanding, I reckon it will be a good idea to get quote from both KMC and outside workshops for the best price if any repair is needed.
As such, where would be a good workshop which is experienced in handling / maintaining Hyundai cars ?

PS: Come to think about it... anyone in the industry can advice if Oil Catch Tank, K&N Apollo Closed Air Intake System Filter will void the Warranty ?

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hawthorne
  • Hawthorne
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

KMC replaced my Windscreen wiper pump FOC as it is still under warranty

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Martin_hermanto
  • Martin_hermanto
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Actually Komoco warranty is really good in my experience. I drove Hyundai Avante 2008. They replaced my whole headlamp due to condensation, no question asked.

Then, after 1.5 years driving, my engine got unusual tak..tak..tak..sound. They really tried to repair it under warranty though i seldom went back there for regular servicing (I serviced outside). Finally, after 4 times of bringing to them due to the same engine sound, they change lots of engine parts and resolved completely. In fact, the manager said they replaced every moving parts in the engine happy.gif .
I really respect their commitment to warranty.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually Komoco warranty is really good in my experience. I drove Hyundai Avante 2008. They replaced my whole headlamp due to condensation, no question asked.

Then, after 1.5 years driving, my engine got unusual tak..tak..tak..sound. They really tried to repair it under warranty though i seldom went back there for regular servicing (I serviced outside). Finally, after 4 times of bringing to them due to the same engine sound, they change lots of engine parts and resolved completely. In fact, the manager said they replaced every moving parts in the engine happy.gif .

You mean you didnt go back to kmc for servicing and yet they fixed for you?! unsure.gif
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Martin_hermanto
  • Martin_hermanto
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You mean you didnt go back to kmc for servicing and yet they fixed for you?! unsure.gif

Yup, I went for the first three, and then I serviced outside.
But don't quote me for that. They may have changed the policy :P

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Xxadidasxx
  • Xxadidasxx
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I had been doing servicing at my workshop much cheaper no problem so far But I know some dun anyhow service outside they let agent do it onli

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ooosh
  • Premium member
    Ooosh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

good...every dealer should be like that...then people will confirm go back for servicing....

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

https://www.straitst...tition-watchdog

Is Komoco part of the Competition Commission of Singapore network, whereby Hyundai cars can be sent to outside workshops to service without voiding the warranty?

Edited by Vinceng, 13 October 2018 - 12:45 AM.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You mean you didnt go back to kmc for servicing and yet they fixed for you?! http://www.mycarforu...DIR#/unsure.gif

It's my experience also... nothing surprising...

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:13 AM

Zora
  • Zora
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Similar to its case of refusing to pay its outstanding ARF in 2007, Komoco refused to honour the warranty for my Santa Fe. After close to a week since my car broke down in Malaysia and being towed to its workshop, they suddenly decided that my warranty was not valid because the previous owner did not send it for servicing according to schedule.

This is not the first time my husband had issues claiming warranty. Early this year he sent the car to Komoco to fix the broken lower arm bush. They claim that they did not have the parts. To prevent other issues from emerging, he bought the parts from an original parts importer and got it fixed immediately the next day. Till today Komoco has not gotten back to him on the matter.

I regret trusting Hyundai's warranty under Komoco Motors. This will be my last.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

Jmontfort
  • Jmontfort
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Similar to its case of refusing to pay its outstanding ARF in 2007, Komoco refused to honour the warranty for my Santa Fe. After close to a week since my car broke down in Malaysia and being towed to its workshop, they suddenly decided that my warranty was not valid because the previous owner did not send it for servicing according to schedule.

This is not the first time my husband had issues claiming warranty. Early this year he sent the car to Komoco to fix the broken lower arm bush. They claim that they did not have the parts. To prevent other issues from emerging, he bought the parts from an original parts importer and got it fixed immediately the next day. Till today Komoco has not gotten back to him on the matter.

If you have a legitimate case, please approach Komoco or even CASE, your statements contradict most contributor's experience with Komoco's warranty service.

queries@komoco.com.sg

is the email you can direct your grievances to.

After a string of Hondas and other "Japanese" cars, I have found my peace in the new i30 N.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This is a really old thread and you're digging it out now... you have only one post and it is to complain about Komoco's warranty... how old is your Santa Fe? And what about the ARF issue in 2007? How are they related in the first place?

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This is a really old thread and you're digging it out now... you have only one post and it is to complain about Komoco's warranty... how old is your Santa Fe? And what about the ARF issue in 2007? How are they related in the first place?

Sounds suspicious. Komoco is not a PI. They will never behave in a bad manner.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

Zora
  • Zora
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You all sound like paid keyboard warriors. Lol. I'm here to share my experience. That's the point of a forum. If you had a great experience, then congrats to you.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You all sound like paid keyboard warriors. Lol. I'm here to share my experience. That's the point of a forum. If you had a great experience, then congrats to you.

You better provide more details n photos of your postings. There is something called defamation in the legal world.

And your attitude in mcf very bad.

Edited by RogerNg_185295, 27 June 2019 - 11:57 AM.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    Supercharged
    Author Image

IMHO Komoco better than Tan Chong. My old Matrix got condensate in headlight, KMC replaced. Squealing brake, KMC skimmed disc after test drive with tester. Had intermittent jerky rpm in current Sylphy when it was still under warranty. Went to Tan Chong and they said can't detect anything on scanner so can't do anything. Didn't even take the car for a test drive.

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

tailtwist
  • Premium member
    tailtwist
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Been hearing about how every & any add-ons or mod will void the car's warranty. I'm sure the agent (eg: KMC) will be quick to void the warranty at any opportunity given and hence, no point asking what 'add-on or mod" will void the warranty since I have already installed so many "add-ons" (eg: Voltage Stabiliser, Oil Catch Tank, K&N CAI, etc....).

Been driving for 20 years and whenever I go back to Dealer's workshop, I always get the same reason... "It's wear and tear and I'll have to pay for replacement". So to me, warranty is like a MYTH..... do they even exist ? Hahahaha.....

Instead, I will greatly appreciate if any kind souls can advise where you will go for your Hyundai car servicing after the initial KMC's 1000km servicing? Or is it really that important to go back to Komoco and have them do my maintenance & repair since this is my 1st Hyundai car ?

Appreciate any valuable input.

KMC has warranty on the car batt........40k km or first 2 years whichever comes first....their hyundai van came over to my location when i called them up to ask for the car batt replacement(under warranty)....vehicle clocked around 35k++ km....replaced FOC

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Hyundai, Car, Warranty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users