MOM 'Making Things Better' for Foreign Workers

Gee

(edited)

Kudos! S'pore family steps in [thumbsup] after seeing seriously injured man left unattended at hospital [thumbsdown]

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/get-inspired/kudos-spore-family-steps-in-after-seeing-seriously-injured-man-left-unattended-at

Nowadays in A & E while waiting in queue number, you are told to go to registration counters & there they will ask "paymant mode : cash or CPF". Thereafter, fill up the CPF form for deduction and back again to wait to see doctor...   [sweatdrop]

The past of treatment first and settle administration later had gone and never to return again ... LOL

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

MOM knows how to so easily raise levies , bosses ( sub contractors face competition in this industry to cut costs and quota restrictions ) ..... What to say really.... It's the same situation also like in UAE not to to mention their crazy hot balmy weather too

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I believe these workers should be given proper food. However, come to think of it, with our cost of living don't think much can be done. I don't know how much the workers pay for their catered food. I guess it could be pretty cheap. If you pay low price, of course you will get food for that price. How to get proper food, if workers pay so little for their food. Pay more, workers may not be able to afford to. Most want to skimp and sent more money back instead. So pass the cost to who ? Employers ? If this really work out, the cost will be pass to the consumers and that means us paying more.

Please have a heart la.

You are willing to pay 500k for a hdb or 1 mil for a condo but you can't afford 1-2k more so that the person who builds it can eat properly?

They are not even asking for 3 meals in a hawker center, food court or restaurant!

(edited)

Please have a heart la.

You are willing to pay 500k for a hdb or 1 mil for a condo but you can't afford 1-2k more so that the person who builds it can eat properly?

They are not even asking for 3 meals in a hawker center, food court or restaurant!

this kind of engagement or opinions will never end. Some of them in their hometown even have only 1 meal a day, they really got no cash in their pockets or home, they even have to take a loan just to get a job/airtickets/agency fees and takes donkey months to pay off this debts; So for them just solid rice is like fuel; I remember when i was constructing my house, I used to ask the Indian workers to come and repair/paint my apt on the weekends and make extra $$ with meals included of course since I know their skills and enthusiasm and what i realised was they will take so much rice and eat very little of vegetables/dhal (curry)- i ran out of rice !! , actually as I under estimated the amount of rice (i gave them briyani rice)they take and in the end i give them fruits/ coke and they felt good, Really now I learnt the meaning of "carbo" loading... but when you hear their stories... like at that time, must be 8 years back & they were paid only like about $21 a day, daily rated, back then.

I think on a personal level, we see them in a different perspective and want to give and can give like even $60 a day back then 8 years back; but when it comes to business, its like daylight slavery (sorry lack of better words) because the employer has many other costs to attend to and there are some rotten apples there too (amongst workers)

As I mentioned this kind of abuse (not all) happens even in UAE and even Malaysia too, never ending this issue

And on a personal level, there also some direct employers of maids whom also underfeed them too

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

Nowadays in A & E while waiting in queue number, you are told to go to registration counters & there they will ask "paymant mode : cash or CPF". Thereafter, fill up the CPF form for deduction and back again to wait to see doctor...   [sweatdrop]

The past of treatment first and settle administration later had gone and never to return again ... LOL

Last year at TTSH A&E still the same, treatment first then payment leh.

• Praise 2

Last year at TTSH A&E still the same, treatment first then payment leh.

I went to CGH A&E 2 months back- never ask payment until end almost 6 hours of makan angin after taking mecines finally payment - about $110 or something like that
  • Praise 3

I went to CGH A&E 2 months back- never ask payment until end almost 6 hours of makan angin after taking mecines finally payment - about $110 or something like that

as long as your medisafe is avail I guess 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Kudos! S'pore family steps in [thumbsup] after seeing seriously injured man left unattended at hospital [thumbsdown]

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/get-inspired/kudos-spore-family-steps-in-after-seeing-seriously-injured-man-left-unattended-at

Injured man whom Stomper's family attended to at A&E: Khoo Teck Puat Hospital responds to incident

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/this-urban-jungle/injured-man-whom-stompers-family-attended-to-at-ae-khoo-teck-puat-hospital

• Praise 5

Kudos to the foreign worker....

But this boy so old dunno how to fix his own bike chain? Or scared to dirty his hands?

• Praise 1