Hybrid cars - any problems?

Sugar

engine off=no aircon.

u like to wait in the heat? [rolleyes]

If not wrong, Honda hybrid cut off the aircon fully when stop at traffic lights, hot air are being blown out, any Honda hybrid owners wanna verify this?

↡ Advertisement

Basically. The day u drive out ur hybrid, u will .... in a very gradual fashion get a worsening battery.

My feel is.... hybrid is perfect for the first 5 years.

Just like a handphone battery is good for first 1 year

For toyota, I doubt so as the battery never drop it's level below 45% charge and never charge over 80%.

There are millions being sold Around the world and some have worst weather than us. If there's a problem, it will be blown up.

own RX hybrid, one of best car owned! so far no prob after driving 9 months

That's the first hybrid I drove, quite amaze by it because its able to move with engine off.

How's your FC like?

For toyota, I doubt so as the battery never drop it's level below 45% charge and never charge over 80%.

There are millions being sold Around the world and some have worst weather than us. If there's a problem, it will be blown up.

then again, those people might be parked under shelter while our drivers might park under hot sun where the interior of the car can hit 60deg

i guess this is the biggest consideration among singaporeans. in other countries where land is vast, they usually have car parks the size of vivocity

i can't understand hybrids from an engineering perspective

fuel is burnt to produce power, this power is used up when you accelerate

if you put a battery in between power from burnt fuel and acceleration, you'll end up using more power am i right?

so the actual savings should come from when you are cruising where the free roll will recharge the batteries which will mean you don't get to free roll that much, thus the real power savings will come from braking

but it is beyond logic how you can save up so much brake power that you can save 5km/l which translates averagely to 300km per full tank of 60l

If not wrong, Honda hybrid cut off the aircon fully when stop at traffic lights, hot air are being blown out, any Honda hybrid owners wanna verify this?

You are correct. I sat in Insight before, at traffic light the air con will be switched off. just hot air coming out.

if you put a battery in between power from burnt fuel and acceleration, you'll end up using more power am i right?

so the actual savings should come from when you are cruising where the free roll will recharge the batteries which will mean you don't get to free roll that much, thus the real power savings will come from braking

but it is beyond logic how you can save up so much brake power that you can save 5km/l which translates averagely to 300km per full tank of 60l

They use engine brake whenever one lets go of the accelerator , one to slow down the car , two to charge their power for their batteries via a single direction power to charge the battery i suppose via a capacitor. I believe in terms of energy wastage it is better to be used to charge the batt than to be wasted via slowing down and using the power to move the car from a stationary position which is quite fuel consuming. As for free roll, unless u free up ur gear to roll or else there isn't much

As for hybrids , i believe the toyotas have done alot more test before they released the 3rd gen and i believe the batts that are designed are suppose to last 10 years or a certain mileage but even if u discount 20% it is still good for 8 years , as for iphones , i have used it for more than 3 years for my 3GS which i used regularly whenever i go overseas and it is still up can going lasting easily over a day but the same cannot be said for a S2 which i bought merely 1 and half year ago. Both are bought for the purpose of using normal size SIM cards but Quality and build is so much different.

To me , la sup can only sell cheap. They aren't meant to last .

Edited by CH_CO

but this engineering has proven better fuel saving!

when u cruising and u release ur gas pedal, they will charge ur battery full so when complete stop in traffic light u save lots of fuel.

basically hybrid car best for city driving but not highway driving

then again, those people might be parked under shelter while our drivers might park under hot sun where the interior of the car can hit 60deg

i guess this is the biggest consideration among singaporeans. in other countries where land is vast, they usually have car parks the size of vivocity

Maybe some of the Prius owner can cone out and share on how's the battery condition after so many years of drive.

I just got over 800 km for 30 liter of fuel. Anyway if you are interested, you can do a research on how it works. Cruising with ICE can achieve around 25 to 35 km per liter which charges the batt at the same time.

Neutral Newbie

For Hybrid cars, seem all got promotions as:

Toyota prius 140K

Toyota prius C 97K

Honda insight 110K

Honda civic hybrid 126K

Considering the price factors & also performance of their hybrid, how you guys think?

Which car is more worthy to buy?

Edited by Markzz

btw is the hybrid car use replaceable battery for electric motor?

if yes, anyone ever change that battery, say after 3-5 years drive?

↡ Advertisement