• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
116 replies to this topic | 45 praises

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Fitmugen
  • Fitmugen
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You are correct. I sat in Insight before, at traffic light the air con will be switched off. just hot air coming out.

I drive civic hybrid. No such thing. Engine cut off when car is stationary. But aircon still works normally

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

not yet

A friends rx hybrid battery "pop" just 3 weeks shy of the 3 year warranty (older cars no 10 year batt warranty) last year... Went BM and replaced new batt.. He was told that the batt for RX cost near 20k... Compare to toyotas batt that cost below 9k..
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What about the maintenance cost of a Hybrid car compare to normal car??

http://www.borneomot...r/standard.html

http://www.borneomot...nger/major.html

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

btw is the hybrid car use replaceable battery for electric motor?
if yes, anyone ever change that battery, say after 3-5 years drive?

10 years warranty. There are plenty of hybrid taxi around the world running over 500k km already.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

For Hybrid cars, seem all got promotions as:
Toyota prius 140K
Toyota prius C 97K
Honda insight 110K
Honda civic hybrid 126K
Considering the price factors & also performance of their hybrid, how you guys think?
Which car is more worthy to buy?

Ask yourself what you want, best FC or style. Toyota hybrid is a full hybrid, driven hard you will still get above 20km/l.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Markzz
  • Markzz
    Clutched
    Author Image

Ask yourself what you want, best FC or style. Toyota hybrid is a full hybrid, driven hard you will still get above 20km/l.

How do you think about Prius or Prius C?

Prius is much more expensive than Honda insight cos they r almost same price in other countries. A bit over priced.
For Prius C, I think the interior is too plastic.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

TMR11
  • TMR11
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Me Hybrid good except car booth space ... a bit taken by batt . FC beri good so far .... power also beri good biggrin.gif

Edited by TMR11, 17 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

How do you think about Prius or Prius C?

Prius is much more expensive than Honda insight cos they r almost same price in other countries. A bit over priced.
For Prius C, I think the interior is too plastic.

I can't share much on the Honda Hybrids, but if you really into saving the earth and really high mileage, then go for the Prius. Comparing Toyota to Honda Hybrid car price, the ROI is hard to achieve based on petrol.

In SG, ALL CARS ARE WAY OVER PRICED!

I got my PC at 113k SGD, in MY, it's 94K RM. Means for my car, I can buy 3 in MY...

As for plastic, I love it, those leather are really hard to maintain unless you never park under the sun but this is up to individual. If you like leather and don't have much budget, you can look at VW cars, their leather dash is really nice.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Me Hybrid good except car booth space ... a bit taken by batt . FC beri good so far .... power also beri good biggrin.gif

you on prius too?

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

As for plastic, I love it, those leather are really hard to maintain unless you never park under the sun but this is up to individual. If you like leather and don't have much budget, you can look at VW cars, their leather dash is really nice.

Yeah, people always comprain about hard plastics. I like it over soft touch plastics as it's maintenance free and is much more hard wearing.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yeah, people always comprain about hard plastics. I like it over soft touch plastics as it's maintenance free and is much more hard wearing.

I think it's because of the magazine or top gear that they watch make them think that way.

That day I was ferrying my ex colleague, he say new car ah, first thing sit down knock on my dash........ dry.gif

Those leather or PU will melt under sun, become sticky and have to change, it's so much worst than plastic as the car age....

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This post I made in May this year on another thread discussing hybrids.....but no comments at all....so...Resurrecting this thread to discuss hybrid and electric vehicles.

First off, any MCFers with experience of driving hybrids can share on

1. Reduced fuel costs. Ie. How much more you get per litre vs conventional?

2. What are maintenance costs like esp. Hybrid battery?

3. Lower ARF rebate/resale value/ higher road tax?

3. What recommended models such as Civic hybrid, Harrier hybrid, Estima hybrid, Rx450h etc to get?

Edited by Aukang, 13 September 2015 - 12:28 PM.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This post I made in May this year on another thread discussing hybrids.....but no comments at all....so...Resurrecting this thread to discuss hybrid and electric vehicles.

3. What recommended models such as Civic hybrid, Harrier hybrid, Estima hybrid, Rx450h etc to get?

I think in today's technology, no longer worth it to buy a Hybrid car, a normal Altis I believe some can hit over 18km/l. Friend recently bought a new B class and achieving over 17km/l as well. Most smaller size conti cars are giving really good FC, price are almost the same as Hybrid and best of all get back full parf rebate. 

My Prius C currently giving me around 24km/l per month. Given the price of a Hybrid car and only achieving 24km/l I would rather pay a little more to get other cars thats available in the Market.

flashbang and Aukang praised this

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

Sopskysalat
  • Sopskysalat
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Agree with this bro....

Unless 100% city driving, i don't see how hybrid can save much given a premium is paid for buying one. The extra can offset the fuel from less efficient car

I think in today's technology, no longer worth it to buy a Hybrid car, a normal Altis I believe some can hit over 18km/l. Friend recently bought a new B class and achieving over 17km/l as well. Most smaller size conti cars are giving really good FC, price are almost the same as Hybrid and best of all get back full parf rebate. 

My Prius C currently giving me around 24km/l per month. Given the price of a Hybrid car and only achieving 24km/l I would rather pay a little more to get other cars thats available in the Market.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I drove RX450 before

FC improves and best if u r driving in traffic

Maintenance cost i serviced in borneo and they put my car same cat as LS.

Recommend u to get RX450H. Powerful
Aukang praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My friend's Cayenne Hybrid got problem with the system but under warranty with Stuttgart so nvm let them settle. It's been in the shop for like the past 3-4 weeks liao but she's got a courtesy car from them.

Apparently a replacement battery costs around 28k, so she's happy to pay the 2.8k annually for the extended warranty which also covers the engine/drivetrain/etc.

Thaiyotakamli and Aukang praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hybrid cars great for stop start traffic. Let the battery power move your car and save some fuel. Also, you have a silent cabin when your car is stopped. 

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Sopskysalat
  • Sopskysalat
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Agree...

If there is say 50% of highway driving, probably hybrid will not be worth paying for...

Most car these day are pretty efficient in highway driving.

Hybrid cars great for stop start traffic. Let the battery power move your car and save some fuel. Also, you have a silent cabin when your car is stopped. 

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My friend's Cayenne Hybrid got problem with the system but under warranty with Stuttgart so nvm let them settle. It's been in the shop for like the past 3-4 weeks liao but she's got a courtesy car from them.

Apparently a replacement battery costs around 28k, so she's happy to pay the 2.8k annually for the extended warranty which also covers the engine/drivetrain/etc.

Think toyota and lexus hybrid system more relible than porsche also cheaper to maintain.

Battery replacement for RX450 about 10-15k. But this is lexus. Toyota would be much more cheaper
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Juz curious, for hybrid when stuck stationary in traffic jam, does the a/c still continue to be cold or does it kinda turn itself off to save elec?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Hybrid, cars, problems

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users