Esso Speedpass linked to Citibank Credit Card, anyone?

Alpha78

Managed to pick up an application form for Esso Speedpass, which allows you to link to any credit card and to your existing Smiles card for points. Previously the attendant told me the only option for Speedpass was to apply with the DBS ESSO card. [furious]

Question is, currently when you pay by Citibank cards, there is 14% direct discount, as opposed to the normal station discounts, so by linking the Speedpass to a Citibank card, will you still enjoy the 14% direct discount?

I don't want to queue at the counter, yet I still want to enjoy the maximum discount that I'm currently getting, with my Citibank Dividend card.

↡ Advertisement

You sure this works?? Last I asked, the counter said you won't get the Citi discount through the speed pass.

Only way to get the Citi dicount is to pay at the counter. I stand corrected as this was asked several months back. But to re-cap, it's 14% upfront discount and a 5% cash back we're talking about. Thks!

• Praise 3

You sure this works?? Last I asked, the counter said you won't get the Citi discount through the speed pass.

Only way to get the Citi dicount is to pay at the counter. I stand corrected as this was asked several months back. But to re-cap, it's 14% upfront discount and a 5% cash back we're talking about. Thks!

Yes, yes. I'm referring to the 14% upfront discount. 5% cashback will definitely be given regardless of mode of payment, I have confirmed that even with petrol purchase in JB.

If we cannot get the 14% upfront discount when using Speedpass at the pump, it's quite pointless.

Managed to pick up an application form for Esso Speedpass, which allows you to link to any credit card and to your existing Smiles card for points. Previously the attendant told me the only option for Speedpass was to apply with the DBS ESSO card. [furious]

It is not true. Any card can be linked - I have got Divi linked and my wife got Premier miles linked to the speedpass. You do not even require Privilege card in between. I am using this way for many years now. No issues to get discounts too.

Question is, currently when you pay by Citibank cards, there is 14% direct discount, as opposed to the normal station discounts, so by linking the Speedpass to a Citibank card, will you still enjoy the 14% direct discount?

Yes, you would get 14% discount for sure. In addition you have got 5% cashback too on Divi.

I don't want to queue at the counter, yet I still want to enjoy the maximum discount that I'm currently getting, with my Citibank Dividend card.

Confirmed, you can enjoy best of both worlds that way!

It is not correct. You enjoy all the discounts through Speedpass too.

Yes, yes. I'm referring to the 14% upfront discount. 5% cashback will definitely be given regardless of mode of payment, I have confirmed that even with petrol purchase in JB.

If we cannot get the 14% upfront discount when using Speedpass at the pump, it's quite pointless.

bro, you mean our SP can use @jb pump?

bro, you mean our SP can use @jb pump?

No, I was referring to the Dividend Card, 5% cashback even at JB pumps. But that info was correct as of my last visit 2 years ago. [:p]