Proton Preve

Caaa

Saw it in the classified ads shocked.gif .

The new Preve comes with Manual trans for now but turbo charged Auto will be here soon.

Was told that it comes with LED head lights, 4 airbags smile.gif, 16" rims and big cabin space....no test drive yet sad.gif.

Probably visit during X'mas day to take a look! nod.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

but at this current \coe , better to get contin... cross the crossway.. your car become 30% value..!! and easy target for stolen car..!!\

for conti... it more difficult to break in

If the thieves, robbers, whatever, got the heart to break in, it doesn't matter conti hard to break in or not, they will have their way out to get their target fast... Read from an article, keyless entry cars can be break in at a much faster rate...

but at this current \coe , better to get contin... cross the crossway.. your car become 30% value..!! and easy target for stolen car..!!\

tell me which car wont drop in value if u compare it with Malaysia's car price....with our coe alone 1 can get 4 My made cars or maybe 2 conti or jap car...if u chuck in with car value u can easily add another 2 to any make!

Edited by Eviilusion

Think across the causeway, if ur car cannot break in, they will tow it away.... [laugh]

Looks like it's on the Mitsubishi Lancer EX platform???

Overall, quite nice looking except the front which looks a bit Opelish.

Proton cars have good handling even on those cheapo Saga using rear torsion beam suspension.

CFE version with turbo is the way to go, IMHO. Too bad it comes with CVT, makes the turbo car less fun to drive. overall, a good effort by Proton and sales shd chiong in MY.

Saw 1 SKE plate yesterday while riding my bike to work..Wonder who is the rich guy?

Btw Proton reason to restrict the CFE torque to just 205nm is because the Punch cvt gearbox can only take 215nm max:So I'm hoping they use either batch 2 which can hold to 255nm or even 6 speed auto gearbox for next batch

Actually if u install racechip there's 25% power gain even with standard CFE and cvt gearbox.Racechip Malaysia have tried,Thrashed and test it on Exora CFE for months with various condition.Stage 1 program already got 155hp@5200rpm/228nm@2000rpm,Stage 2 get 167hp@5400rpm/[email protected] now they are testing on IAFM and cps engine.Cost around Rm1650-2500.

Www.Racechip.com.my

↡ Advertisement