Potholes. the idiots cant do anything about it?

Mnphosis

Neutral Newbie

It not about feedback or report to LTA about those potholes or badly damaged road...but the problem is why there are so many of these potholes, bumpy road, stones, cement, poorly repair road...etc Why the road has become so terrible? Something must be wrong or no longer in place..just like what happen to SMRT...

if the root cause they choose to ignore or not going to find it..then..by reporting all these defect..it just another fire fighting type of solving the problem...

↡ Advertisement

Either the people from LTA is driving lexus or they dont use that road at all. So doesnt affect them whether the road is uneven or even.

Cmon i wrote to mot for an exercise during rainy days with their trucks loaded to patch what they see and only reply i got was "can you tell me where is the location" sad to receive this response.

that stretch only allow 70 <_< <_<

was driving 10+-11+ late night [:p] less car... so increase speed a little.

but after that incident... whenever i reach that particular bend, i slow down to 70-80...

What about the speed humps at Tuas Checkpoint.

They've been worn down to nothing about a car wheels distance apart and have been like that for at least a year.

Not that I'm really complaining as it makes driving over them easy.

But if the bumps aren't needed why not remove them entirely.

Bro, they heard others before they heard you, all have been replaced, nice and high now..... <_<

Still can complain, right after the first row of bump on center lane there is a pot hole, NABEI, it's like going up roller coaster and straight down into ditch...

Sorry for all the complaint but those holes are just ........

I have notice nowadays polehole very serious, esp on certain road. Even reported and the pothole repaired, after a while the potholes come back again. Wondering it is due to the poor QC check?! [:/]

it could be due to the poor quality of materials used

Another pothole at Bukit Merah Central too just before the bus interchange when coming from Henderson Rd.

Edited by Chiawy

usually i slam the authority for being inefficient, but i have to disagree with this topic about repairing of potholes on the roads

having driving frequently to Malaysia, i do appreciate LTA for regularly maintaining the roads in Singapore

the potholes i encountered are usually repaired within several days

in MY, the potholes stayed on for months

Edited by Scion

bloody hell who is the dept in charge of potholes? LTA?

small island cant keep the road in proper order. Saw motorcycle almost buang because of big pothole. have experienced numerous pot holes all over the island.

so hard to maintain the road? nb malaysia also less occurence than in sgp. near nuh even better. 3 lanes all filled with leftover cement for months and no one bothers.

did you call and tell them?

if you did, usually few days settle liao...

usually i slam the authority for being inefficient, but i have to disagree with this topic about repairing of potholes on the roads

having driving frequently to Malaysia, i do appreciate LTA for regularly maintaining the roads in Singapore

Yes, I agreed with you. The potholes here normally get repaired within days.

Whether it last or not, that's another story.

Sometimes we can do a part by feedback to LTA. Here:

http://talk2lta.lta.gov.sg/AskLTAContentCo....CreateFeedback

I feedback once about uneven roads at Still road and true enough, they repaired the road after finishing all the laying of cables.

To be fair, I noticed that potholes in. Singapore are repaired relatively fast. On the usual routes which I travel almost every day, potholes don't stay more than a week.

LTA do rely on the public to report and inform, just like the police, you cannot expect them to be everywhere.

For MY, I have seen a pothole in JB which is not repaired for years. Nobody cares.

thks to those who advised on calling lta. i will do so henceforth when i spot any. i was hoping lta could help out as well. perhaps some patrol ppl looking for potholes? they r pretty rich and can afford that i think. but thats another story for another day.

this issue did not affect me myself. i witnessed a horrid accident that couldve been avoided and felt the need to highlight. i hope we all do our part to help make the road safer for all motorist.

Twincharged

Amount of potholes in Singapore considered quite little already. Overseas when I cycle always have to look out for potholes. In Singapore the number of potholes are so little.Its very good for cyclists and motorcyclists.

You are right about MY. I can memorise the pothole locations in Melaka. But having said that, I notice the road maintnenance standard here has slackened. There are really many potholes around that has not been repaired. One thing for sure, those potholes along Thomson. Tanglin Bukit Timah, River Valley, Serangoon(near KK hospital) will disappear very fast....

Twice this year i almost died because my bike hit into a pothole.

Both times i count myself lucky that i ended up with 0.3sec of airtime and subsequently $200 in damaged rims.

Can i sue LTA? Or ask that Tuck Yew to reimburse me?

Sighz.

Both times i count myself lucky that i ended up with 0.3sec of airtime and subsequently $200 in damaged rims.

Sighz.

Yes u can. Really can

Sighz.

write to him and get a reply