Potholes. the idiots cant do anything about it?

Mnphosis

Twincharged

Twice this year i almost died because my bike hit into a pothole.

Both times i count myself lucky that i ended up with 0.3sec of airtime and subsequently $200 in damaged rims.

Can i sue LTA? Or ask that Tuck Yew to reimburse me?

Sighz.

IIRC can claim. Just need to have the exact location of the pothole, pics of the pothole and all the measurements of it. Must include pics of the damage on ur rims as well.

Major roads r all mantain by Lta. Unless hdb carparks are mantain by hdb. It's their fault for not getting enough contractors to repair the potholes or bullying contractors or using low low grade asphalt therefore the roads degrade.

There are few reasons why the backfill / re-surfacing are poorly done after digging up the road for whatever reasons, sometimes resulting in the potholes (dangerous for road users):-

LTA appoint contractors to do such work based on technical specifications. If the specifications are screwed up eg badly written by LTA, the contractors who follow the spec will produce the lousy work as mentioned here.

Or, if the specificaitons is well written, yet the LTA supervisors on the ground close an eye in his supervision for whatever reasons, we get the same results.

Someone has to check which case it is? Do the senior guys in LTA actually drive on these roads to check if the work is ok? I dont know.

IIRC can claim. Just need to have the exact location of the pothole, pics of the pothole and all the measurements of it. Must include pics of the damage on ur rims as well.

Both times were on the expressway(yes our expressways are going bad) and after being shocked at the impact i naturally didn't think of going back to take pictures. Plus i got my rims repaired asap.

Nevermind, just got to be careful next time.

Either the people from LTA is driving lexus or they dont use that road at all. So doesnt affect them whether the road is uneven or even.

iirc, whoever opens up the roads to lay underground pipes/cables etc has to apply for a permit from LTA to do it and he is required to make-good the road based on certain technical specifications to ensure the road is safe for use. If LTA themselves open up the road, their contractors who do the work is subject to the same specifications for making good.

As LTA is managing public roads in sgp (except for some HDB roads?), their supervisors on the ground are supposed to supervise or check the make good work / results for compliance with these specifications.

It's quite ok to rely on public feedbacks for unsatisfactory / unsafe make good work, but sometimes it may be too late eg the cyclists/bikers may have injured himself going through uneven patch up work or make good work.

In the first place, as a first line of defence, the LTA supervisors have to do their job properly and not close an eye, letting the contractors get away with bad workmanship/material.

What happens when we drive and hit the pothole. Good video to illustrate on how much the suspension need to work to compensate for the hit on pothole.

Twincharged

some potholes just cannot be filled.

need a geologist here ....

there is a depression along nicoll drive just after the SAF ferry terminal towards the ALPS logistics park.

for about 10 over years i have been driving past there and the "ppl" have been filling it up, the depression will always come back - even after they raised the road !

What happens when we drive and hit the pothole. Good video to illustrate on how much the suspension need to work to compensate for the hit on pothole.

Confirmed very bad for the car when you drive over a pothole. There was once when my friend drive over a pothole and tyre got punctured.

Supersonic

Confirmed very bad for the car when you drive over a pothole. There was once when my friend drive over a pothole and tyre got punctured.

Wah.

How deep is that pot hole?

And where is it?

some potholes just cannot be filled.

need a geologist here ....

there is a depression along nicoll drive just after the SAF ferry terminal towards the ALPS logistics park.

for about 10 over years i have been driving past there and the "ppl" have been filling it up, the depression will always come back - even after they raised the road !

this one may need to dig up the stretch and relay the sub-base and subgrade...

There have been many potholes lately throughout the island and as I'm riding, I have to be more aware of these holes.

There are 2 along AYE towards City and 1 near by place out of the carpark which was rectified yesterday. I almost fell off my bike as the hole got bigger coming out from a small road to major road after hitting the hole. Lucky I ride a bigger and heavier bike that is slightly more stable then the small bikes.

Twincharged

this one may need to dig up the stretch and relay the sub-base and subgrade...

maybe it leads deep down to a dark place .... :a-rip:

Supersonic

There have been many potholes lately throughout the island and as I'm riding, I have to be more aware of these holes.

There are 2 along AYE towards City and 1 near by place out of the carpark which was rectified yesterday. I almost fell off my bike as the hole got bigger coming out from a small road to major road after hitting the hole. Lucky I ride a bigger and heavier bike that is slightly more stable then the small bikes.

AYE quite a number because many heavy vehicles use it everyday to Jurong. 

↡ Advertisement