Paid photographer cannot produce photos

Ysc3

Twincharged

S$4K photographer can produce shots like these?

These kind anyone with a DSLR or CSC can take also la. Look more like random snapshots.

↡ Advertisement

Not necessarily leh. My cousin's wedding he hired those cheap photographer. Less than 1k for the whole thing including tea ceremony and dinner. Photographer only had 1 DSLR and 1 video cam. Even batteries only got 1 spare. Saw him running around trying to find where got power point to charge his spare batt... Never even recce the location before the actual dinner...

Errrrrrr these guys refer to the more pro ones, I recommend guys like daredevil123 in clubsnap and are full time photographers.

apparently they are against passing over the SD card ... maybe its a practice ?

i told my colleague to get the card and i'll try to do some recovery for him ... but the photo-shooter disagreed and just offered the partial refund with the photobook.

Maybe there are pictures inside not fit for national TV. LOL [laugh]

Twincharged

Maybe there are pictures inside not fit for national TV. LOL [laugh]

most probably they do not want you to retrieve more than you should.

You paid 4k for this type of photographer for AD? Honestly tio chop.

Nope. I paid very much lesser.

I like these random shots so just post to see comments.

Nope. I paid very much lesser.

I like these random shots so just post to see comments.

Honestly, hope you don't feel offended, very bad photos...all not sharp(maybe from the compression?). 2,3,4, out of focus. 2,3,5 might have been better if fill in flash was used. Exposure can be improved. Composition also can be much improved. Then again, me is just noob in photography nia...

Edited by Zyklon

Honestly, hope you don't feel offended, very bad photos...all not sharp(maybe from the compression?). 2,3,4, out of focus. 2,3,5 might have been better if fill in flash was used. Exposure can be improved. Composition also can be much improved. Then again, me is just noob in photography nia...

You're all about technique just like a lot of newbies starting out.

"Oh, you didn't observe the rule of thirds"

"so careless, the horizon is slughtly tilted"

"you focused on the nose and the eye is OOF, should have used a smaller f-stop"

"bokeh is so harsh, you should have used a G/L lens"

"white balance seems off......"

You know, I like that phrase,

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."

- Ansel Adams

What's more important is that the recipient of the photographs also feels that emotional bond. The photographer can tick all the technical boxes and still make a shot the hirer does not like.

apparently they are against passing over the SD card ... maybe its a practice ?

i told my colleague to get the card and i'll try to do some recovery for him ... but the photo-shooter disagreed and just offered the partial refund with the photobook.

u can actually recover more partial photos from the SD cards.

So may recover other photos that were earlier deleted or reformated.

Can this be consider a Lemond product. buy Wedding package but never deliver the correct product? Think if its in the State, the bridal company would have been sue kao kao.

my AD photographer. $600. I'm fairly satisfied with his work.

Unless u are doing church ceremony, not many photographers can turn the gate crashing into something special.

So don't bother haha.

Notice those AD photographers portfolios always feature church weddings with excellent natural lighting?

Supercharged

my AD photographer. $600. I'm fairly satisfied with his work.

Unless u are doing church ceremony, not many photographers can turn the gate crashing into something special.

So don't bother haha.

Notice those AD photographers portfolios always feature church weddings with excellent natural lighting?

that's because light is the photographer's best friend. it's the fundamental of photography. And natural light is the best of the best friend. With sufficient natural light, any thing taken will turn out to be nice.

The challenge is when the place doesn;t have enough natural or artificial light. This is where you can seperate the real pros from the amatures and wanna-be

that's because light is the photographer's best friend. it's the fundamental of photography. And natural light is the best of the best friend. With sufficient natural light, any thing taken will turn out to be nice.

The challenge is when the place doesn;t have enough natural or artificial light. This is where you can seperate the real pros from the amatures and wanna-be

in a hdb with no full length windows, there's only so much u can do lah. unless u want to use flash photography in the daytime.

Most wedding photographer just use prime lens at max aperture lor.

candid shots especially will naturally not be as sharp.

As long as it captures the mood of the wedding festivities, good enough la.

Supercharged

in a hdb with no full length windows, there's only so much u can do lah. unless u want to use flash photography in the daytime.

yeah, sharpness is not everything. i can never understand why some ppl are so anal about sharpness. a good picture does not need to be the sharpest. It's the concept and the emotional connection between the picture and the person looking at it, that is the most important.

You're all about technique just like a lot of newbies starting out.

"Oh, you didn't observe the rule of thirds"

"so careless, the horizon is slughtly tilted"

"you focused on the nose and the eye is OOF, should have used a smaller f-stop"

"bokeh is so harsh, you should have used a G/L lens"

"white balance seems off......"

You know, I like that phrase,

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."

- Ansel Adams

What's more important is that the recipient of the photographs also feels that emotional bond. The photographer can tick all the technical boxes and still make a shot the hirer does not like.

Read my comments again. Those are just the pure basics. Cannot even get those right, one does not deserve to be paid for taking photos. I think you are confusing textbook techniques that can be violated vs basics that should not be violated unless you know what you are doing. Yes, I agree that comments like wb and bokeh are more of gearhead concerns. However, composition and exposure are really just basics. While one can attemtp to violate the rule of third, I sincerely believe that most people do not want to look at landscape photos with slanted horizon, unless it was indeed meant to be.

There is actually something that is worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept. It is known as a blur and poorly executed image with no concept, pretending to be an abstract photo of a certain theme which no one, except that photographer himself can relate to.

Whether the recipient feels that emotional bond or not has no link to whether a photo is bad or good. A snap shoot of a chio 18yo xmm in random state of undress taken by a handphone will give me more emotional bond than a studio portrait of a 50yo auntie. However, that does not make the xmm photo a better one. Although I bet the xmm photo is probably a better photo on this forum...

Nothing wrong with using flash in the day time for fill in. Using flash at night while taking a photo of mbs is.

Day time shots with untinted full length windows and bright sun is actually not easy.

HDB flat is probably one of the easiest to bounce a flash.

Edited by Zyklon

I'm not a pro photog. Just a noob who uses a pocket size point and shoot camera.

My qns is: When the photog takes a pic, he will usually switch to view mode to do a quick glance on the pic he has taken. Unless he didn't do that at all for the whole session, otherwise, he would have known something is wrong with the card right?

like that pay 4K? i think i can shoot better with my S3 leh.

In any case, there is a portable hdd device where you can upload your SD card photos to the hard drive for backup purposes. i have seen many professional AD photographer to it during their small break to prevent any corruption etc.

this, i called them professional!

↡ Advertisement