Running Injury - Plantar Fasciitis

Chrispie

I felt pain in the heel. At first I didn't attach importance to this. A week later the pain intensified after the football training. I decided to go to the doctor. He said this is plantar fasciitis.
But I have an initial stage. I was looking for exercises in Internet. Found advice on page. What do you think? How useful are these tips in the book? And how long to be treated? Can I forget about the next training?

Last month the pain came back and it was quite disturbing. The reason why it came back because i have not been doing the stretching exercise diligently.

Boh bian, I started to do the No 3 exercise whenever I can. During meeting, watching TV, idling while waiting for something, even during meal time and etc. Could feel the muscle around my backside is so tight and painful. After a week of regular stretching, the pain subside and also I can feel my muscle around my backside is  much loser. In sumarry, stretching is a must for people like me who exercise. BTW, it only happen to me on my right side. Left side is ok. Strange.

The link again: (http://www.knee-pain...-stretches.html). 

Hopes this help.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Last month the pain came back and it was quite disturbing. The reason why it came back because i have not been doing the stretching exercise diligently.

Boh bian, I started to do the No 3 exercise whenever I can. During meeting, watching TV, idling while waiting for something, even during meal time and etc. Could feel the muscle around my backside is so tight and painful. After a week of regular stretching, the pain subside and also I can feel my muscle around my backside is  much loser. In sumarry, stretching is a must for people like me who exercise. BTW, it only happen to me on my right side. Left side is ok. Strange.

The link again: (http://www.knee-pain...-stretches.html). 

Hopes this help.

Thanks, learned a new stretch for the gluts today which i can use in a chair. I used to only do the 2nd stretch.

But i feel the 2nd stretch is more complete as the 3rd stretch is only for the outside half of the gluts

• Praise 1

I've this issue last year due to running. Just need to take a long rest and let it recover, not one who like to do stretches. 

Problem is, it will come back. My sisters who dont exercise but also have it because they have to stand for long hours as a hawker.

Problem is, it will come back. My sisters who dont exercise but also have it because they have to stand for long hours as a hawker.

so far so good for me, I've tapered down my runs also, used to do 10km 2x per week, now doing shorter distances. 

Having suffered from it for more than 6 months and now 90% recovered, the most fuss free way to 'cure' it is to do a combination of all these:

- rest and be patient

- buy a night splint to keep calf stretched/ PF relaxed....initially might affect your sleep

- swim or do other sports in the meantime to keep fit

You probably have to take some anti-inflammation med first. I now run at a slower pace and cover shorter distance more frequently. So far so good. [:p]

• Praise 4

Having suffered from it for more than 6 months and now 90% recovered, the most fuss free way to 'cure' it is to do a combination of all these:

- rest and be patient

- buy a night splint to keep calf stretched/ PF relaxed....initially might affect your sleep

- swim or do other sports in the meantime to keep fit

You probably have to take some anti-inflammation med first. I now run at a slower pace and cover shorter distance more frequently. So far so good. [:p]

Was the PF due to barefoot running by any chance?

Was the PF due to barefoot running by any chance?

Not at all. Was preparing for FM training in shoes last year. My body simply could not take the 10% increase in weekly mileage.

Am easing back to barefoot again. I would say at least for myself, running barefoot reduces the incidence of overuse injuries as it takes much longer time to season your feet for longer distance.

Not at all. Was preparing for FM training in shoes last year. My body simply could not take the 10% increase in weekly mileage.

Am easing back to barefoot again. I would say at least for myself, running barefoot reduces the incidence of overuse injuries as it takes much longer time to season your feet for longer distance.

Thanks, good to know.

I can say honestly, I have tried many ways to get rid of heel pain. I had foot pain in the morning. And I was looking for a doctor for help for plantar fasciitis pain. But no one could help me. You can see fast plantar fasciitis cure review. At least here are useful tips. Yes, it does not cure the problem, but you can get rid of the pain for a while.

• Dislike 1

I can say honestly, I have tried many ways to get rid of heel pain. I had foot pain in the morning. And I was looking for a doctor for help for plantar fasciitis pain. But no one could help me. You can see fast plantar fasciitis cure review. At least here are useful tips. Yes, it does not cure the problem, but you can get rid of the pain for a while.

U giving tips or peddling a book ?? Git Real

The only cure for Plantar Fascitis is to cut or stop jogging. Also cut down on walking and avoid standing too long.

Kept doing stretching. Use golf ball under your feet and roll and roll every part of the leg. This help a lot but for me, if I continue to run, it will come back and haunt me. I used to have it on the right leg, now left leg also kena.  :a-bang:

The only cure for Plantar Fascitis is to cut or stop jogging. Also cut down on walking and avoid standing too long.

Kept doing stretching. Use golf ball under your feet and roll and roll every part of the leg. This help a lot but for me, if I continue to run, it will come back and haunt me. I used to have it on the right leg, now left leg also kena.  :a-bang:

you also roll your calf and hamstring?

(edited)

you also roll your calf and hamstring?

Sorry I mean roll my feet, I sit down and put the golf ball under the feet, and kept rolling. It helps a lot.

Start Cycling..

Actually, i find cycling takes up a lot of time to burn.. not sure if my perception is right. I heard my colleague spend 1-2 hrs cycling. Can't afford the time. For me 40 mins of jog is good enough liao.

Edited by grandis123

(edited)

Kept doing stretching. Use golf ball under your feet and roll and roll every part of the leg. This help a lot but for me, if I continue to run, it will come back and haunt me. I used to have it on the right leg, now left leg also kena. :a-bang:

Can cure but takes a long time. It's more about gradual increase in mileage and strengthening your calves and leg muscles. So no need to rule out running totally. Do not lose hope Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 1

Sorry I mean roll my feet, I sit down and put the golf ball under the feet, and kept rolling. It helps a lot.

Actually, i find cycling takes up a lot of time to burn.. not sure if my perception is right. I heard my colleague spend 1-2 hrs cycling. Can't afford the time. For me 40 mins of jog is good enough liao.

Yeah it does.

Other than keeping your weight down.

1. U can also do regular stretching of your gluts, calves and hamstrings post run.

- Why i asked is that some people with tight hamstring can use the golf ball to release myofascial trigger points by sitting on the golf ball under your thigh and rolling it as well. I think it will help with your plantar fasciitis as well.

2. U can try using low drop or minimalistic shoes for walks or very short runs (my regular running shoe is a nike free RN run for this reason). I find it helps too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1