Wall St. : Many Indian Legislators Face Rape Charges

Dfx16

whats new??? If their politicians so good.. India will not be what it is today. With their population and the resources they own. They would have become world super power already...

Turbocharged

Its actually and shockingly quite prevalent and very widespread. When i toured there with my family the tour guide (male) insisted the women in our group MUST be accompanied at all times even to go to a shop a few metres away for safety reasons. The way they treat women+alcohol contributes to the male behaviour.

At a popular tourist spot the policemen shooed away the women vendors by threatening to take their things and rape them (as told by indian speakers in the group) :wacko: :angry:

some true, verified stories

Story about 13yr old girl who was abducted & raped by 4 boys & left by the roadside. She crawled to a business & was raped by 2 workers, then a driver offered to give her a lift, but raped her, then a truck driver and his aide kidnapped & raped her 9 more days: http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main54.as...e271012Rape.asp

a woman raped every 20 minutes.

and closer to home this doesn't help their image...

foriegners_stare_and_shoot_videos_of_beachgoers-thumbnail.jpg

On this aspect, sometimes you got to respect the Chinese..... Although far from perfect but at still they are far better than the Indians....

Chinese has slightly different priority - money. [;)]

On this aspect, sometimes you got to respect the Chinese..... Although far from perfect but at still they are far better than the Indians....

China has got rape cases, lah, just that state censorship will make sure a lot of it doesn't see the light of day even within their country, let along outside it. But a brief internet search will reveal some appalling cases, e.g.:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/21/internat...ed=all&_r=0

http://www.tealeafnation.com/2012/05/chine...before-capture/

You must remember that China is a far more closed society than India, and a lot of news simply doesn't get out. It's only now in the Internet age that some news manages to trickle out to the world. This Delhi case is an especially ghastly one because of the way they tortured and ended up inflicting fatal injuries on the girl. I haven't heard of such a case from China, but cannot discount that such things may have happened, and may still be happening, especially in the more rural areas. It's just that they have no freedom of speech or press, unlike India. And much of the reason this Delhi story broke across the world was the almost-immediate public protests that broke out in India (which were echoed overseas as well). Do you remember the last time there was a major public uprising in China? I remember watching the tanks on TV.

So please don't compare. Each country has its faults, and just because one country is better at hiding them doesn't make it better.

Edited by Turboflat4

The chinese politicians spend money for sex (Adultery)

The indian politicians want sex yet dont want spend money (Rape) <_<

The chinese politicians spend money for sex (Adultery)

The indian politicians want sex yet dont want spend money (Rape) <_<

Come to think about it, true also but then, I just feel their severe punishment does have some positive effect on the overall crime....

Speaking of under-reporting.. recently, there was a report about Singapore's "rape per 100,000 population per year" is more than 2x higher than India ... then I checked... China was also 2x higher than India .. uhh ... in fact U.S. was way way higher. [knife]

This is very valid. A lot of rape goes underreported in places where rape still carries a stigma for the victim, like in India. This is a deplorable situation which has to change, but social change is slow and difficult.

BTW, the US rape statistics may actually be "truly" high - there are many Americans commenting on forums about the Delhi case that that sort of thing is not uncommon in their own country. [:/]

Edited by Turboflat4

Speaking of under-reporting.. recently, there was a report about Singapore's "rape per 100,000 population per year" is more than 2x higher than India ... then I checked... China was also 2x higher than India .. uhh ... in fact U.S. was way way higher. [knife]

reported and unreported ?? I believe the unreported ones can be 5x or 10x or even more of what was reported -_-

This because a lot went unreported, families are like the rapist adding insult to injury by shaming their own for bringing disrepute to their family.

Turbocharged

Its actually and shockingly quite prevalent and very widespread. When i toured there with my family the tour guide (male) insisted the women in our group MUST be accompanied at all times even to go to a shop a few metres away for safety reasons. The way they treat women+alcohol contributes to the male behaviour.

At a popular tourist spot the policemen shooed away the women vendors by threatening to take their things and rape them (as told by indian speakers in the group) :wacko: :angry:

some true, verified stories

Story about 13yr old girl who was abducted & raped by 4 boys & left by the roadside. She crawled to a business & was raped by 2 workers, then a driver offered to give her a lift, but raped her, then a truck driver and his aide kidnapped & raped her 9 more days: http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main54.as...e271012Rape.asp

a woman raped every 20 minutes.

and closer to home this doesn't help their image...

To be fair, if you work in a place full or sweaty males from dawn till dusk and with harsh conditions, you tend to be horny. Remember when we were NS? book out all see chio bu mouth drip cannot close...

↡ Advertisement