Nexen NBlue HD

Fcw75

Thanks for the reply. Overall, it's ranked third. Can consider but it seems like the dry not so good.

For the price you pay..it outweighs its performance

Using 195/60/15 For Fiat & 215/60/16 for Odyssey

Both gave comfortable drive,very quiet and impressive on wet weather.

very noisy.

I had it for 3 months only. After that change to BS.

Really? Thanks for the feedback man.

size: 195, 65, r15. Tyre pressure think is 220.

For Both tyre sizes, i pumped 240-250..Fiat is Doblo Van which I found it very quiet on uneven road..prevs on Yokos DBs (but they were already worn) For Odyssey, I found it much more comfortable & quieter than my prevs Michelin Vivacy. Which BS model u change to? Increasing the tyre pressure sometimes help with the sound.

For Both tyre sizes, i pumped 240-250..Fiat is Doblo Van which I found it very quiet on uneven road..prevs on Yokos DBs (but they were already worn) For Odyssey, I found it much more comfortable & quieter than my prevs Michelin Vivacy. Which BS model u change to? Increasing the tyre pressure sometimes help with the sound.

Wow.. so high pressure. Will the tyre burst boh? the tyre workshop pump for me when i change to nexen nblue HD, i did not ask them about the pressure. (i assume they should know?).

No $ change to GR90, i take model BS T001.

Wow.. so high pressure. Will the tyre burst boh? the tyre workshop pump for me when i change to nexen nblue HD, i did not ask them about the pressure. (i assume they should know?).

ma

Dun worry..at that kind of pressure, it won't burst. Conservatively, most tyre shops pump between 200-220. I normally pump 250 which i find it a good balance between performance, tyre noise & fuel economy.

BS T001 sld be the replacement for ER300..its a good tyre but coming from Europe(if i'm not wrong)..the tyres sidewall is harder than Nexen, which will rob some comfort away.

Thanks for the reply. Overall, it's ranked third. Can consider but it seems like the dry not so good.

Sorry, haven't been in the forums much recently.

I have the HD's on my mom's Punto (195/60R15), and just like the other bro (as of yesterday anyway), I have the 215/60R16 as well, but on my Toyota and I opted to try out the nBlue Eco's instead.

The HD's in a direct comparison are very much like the K415's from Hankook (which were what they replaced), except they're pretty much better in most respects. Gotta give Nexen a thumbs up for their compound.

To compare the 2, the HD's seem to grip and brake better in the dry. Loss of grip is very progressive with lots of audible warning. Comfort wise when the K415's were new, I noticed a whistling wind noise from the side mirrors at about 115kmh), but I heard it at about 100kmh on the HD's (i.e. the HD's are quiter). Handling is still plush, but a little more squishy than the K415's. That being said though, the elevated grip levels mean I can corner a little quicker but with a little more body roll.

In the wet is where the HD's come into their own. They are ridiculously good at resisting aquaplanning both in a straight line and in a curve, and the Punto feels far more sure-footed in the wet since they went on. This is even in comparison to the GR90's that were on the Toyota. Other than adjusting for visibility, you don't have to alter your driving much from dry to wet.

Now to a quick initial assessment of the nBlue Eco's since I can't find any review anywhere and it may be useful. I've had them on for just over 100kms since yesterday, so they haven't been scrubbed in yet.

Opted to try them out since the compound for both the eco's and hd's are the same, and I was very impressed with the HD's. The difference between the two is in the carcass construction as well as the thread pattern. Other than that I do prefer the sidewall pattern of the Eco's, I can't compare the two since they're in different sizes and on different vehicles. However I can compare them to the GR90's which they replaced, and to be honest, they feel about the same in the dry, and noise levels seem comparable too. I didn't dare push them in the wet. Will save that for after I've scrubbed them in, but they didn't feel any more slippery, and the braking seemed about the same too.

There are a few differences between the two though. The Eco's seem to roll a lot smoother than the GR90's, but don't communicate through the steering as well. Steering feels a bit more muted. Another thing is that the sidewalls aren't as stiff as the GR90's so the car rolls a bit more, but strangely enough it doesn't seem as bouncy over the bumps (read as humps [laugh]). Kind of like the tyres are soaking up part of the bumps and reducing the usual Toyota-trampoline effect. There was also one noticeable visible difference in fitting. Where the tyre sidewall meets the inner surface on the outer facing side of the wheel, the GR90's used to "fold over"/"cover" the top edge, while the nBlue Eco's just rest snugly against the inside surface without covering the top edge. What this means I don't know though.

One last thing. The officially imported and distributed ones through YHI use the roadstone brand, but those brought in by the shops use the nexen name, but it's the same stuff.

Have a look at the max inflation pressure on your tyre and see how high you can go lah [laugh]

Hypersonic

Thanks for the detailed info. Nexen sounds better.

Roadstone sounds like a rip-off of Bridgestone and Firestone.

[laugh]

Thanks for the detailed info. Nexen sounds better.

Roadstone sounds like a rip-off of Bridgestone and Firestone.

[laugh]

Yeah I know [laugh] Apparently, roadstone was their US and EU market brand name, while nexen has been their APAC brand name, but they're slowly changing all to nexen.

Just changed to this tyres today 185/60R15. Quiet tyres but maybe coz it's new. Will feedback again.

Good price, made in Korea.

↡ Advertisement