Jeep Grand Cherokee

A5SB

I have already seen the Range Rover, let me look at Jeep and see if the huge price difference between Range Rover and Jeep is justifiable. I suspect it's not, but I'll keep an open mind.

always aim for range rover sport over jeep anytime! u can choose to get 2nd hand sport 3.0 Diesel one, very good FC, a massive UPGRADE, reliable, better resale value, big boot, best ride(tested) and better look. my dream car and i will consider it this year if price reduced! [rolleyes]

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

always aim for range rover sport over jeep anytime! u can choose to get 2nd hand sport 3.0 Diesel one, very good FC, a massive UPGRADE, reliable, better resale value, big boot, best ride(tested) and better look. my dream car and i will consider it this year if price reduced! [rolleyes]

Range Rover Sport is way overboard in price compared to Jeep. But both are very comparable. There's a 2014 model that just came up, also 3L diesel, and interior IMHO is almost as good as Range Rover Sport, but cheaper. Both cars are very comparable. I prefer to get brand new anytime, because me and my family got very sensitive skin and nose. You never know what kind of allergens (or worse... DNA) left behind by previous owners.

Good to hear that you liked it.

The footprint of the boot space is indeed rather 'standard' sized, but it's as good as you're going to get in a mid-sized SUV. The only larger ones are those on full sized SUVs like Escalades, Tahoes, Suburbans, etc. The height is pretty good, though and you'll find that you can accommodate more than you think! I've also managed to accommodate a VERY lengthy item by folding down both the rear and passenger seats. The rear window also opens independently if you don't mind items sticking out.

There's always the option to purchase a roof rack/box if you really need more storage.

I actually getting quite hyped up about the new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's a very huge improvement compared to the current model. However this is the time to bargain with the SE cos they are in clearing stock mode.

But chances are, I'll probably wait till the new model comes on shore. If I'm going to pay $120K COE, it has better be a good one. That said, Range Rover Sport is still under consideration, cos they are very comparable. British engineering vs Yankees pig headedness. Frankly I'm siding towards Yankee.. the car looks better for my taste.

Neutral Newbie

I think Jeeps are great. They are strong and can handle off road situations. However, they are not really designed as family cars. I would advice you to get the SUV as it is more of a family car and your children will enjoy the ride.

• Praise 1

I think Jeeps are great. They are strong and can handle off road situations. However, they are not really designed as family cars. I would advice you to get the SUV as it is more of a family car and your children will enjoy the ride.

You might be thinking of the Wrangler in this comment. And they're a lot more refined these days.

The Grand Cherokee is in a different class and shares a platform with the Mercedes ML.

Yeah, jury still out. In the end, we think it's better to wait for the new Jeep, then compare with the LR Disco.

For some reason, Jeep has always been my wife's favourite, so we kind of lean towards it a bit.

Official word from Chrysler: LINK

Thanks very much for posting this, I wouldn't have known about this.

Guess American cars are like that, handling isn't exactly their forte.

Official word from Chrysler: LINK

Next month going LAX will be driving this car.... :huh: after watching this a bit scare :mellow:

should I change car? [:(]

I like the look of this car actually [:)]

Edited by GoodCar
  • Praise 1

Next month going LAX will be driving this car.... :huh: after watching this a bit scare :mellow:

No problem one lah (it passed the euroncap ESP test) unless you load the car over it's max load capacity. [;)]

It's a great car for highway driving. Adequate for small roads/city driving - just flip into sport mode so that the air suspension lowers the car (in some models disabling traction control) for a lower profile and better fuel consumption.

I've driven it NY to Boston.

↡ Advertisement