80% of the taxi drivers are ....

Lanevomax

I agree with TS's observation but I am pretty 'numb' to it so far. Live and let live (until I we cross path).

Maybe we should get our local cabby to go through a course and sit for a tough exam (most take over 3 years to study and eventually pass the exam) like those taken by London cabbies. But by then, people may start to complain that taxi fare too expensive.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I think you are a bit bias against taxi drivers in sg. Yes i do agree wit u that there r some taxi drivers who r driving recklessly. But have u ever tot of their stress level if they cant break even their rental and petrol $$$??? I assume u r workin in office management, then u too r back stabber rite? U guys office politic is even much more worse. Can even break some 1 rice bowl to get urself up to a higher position.

Overall, don condemn others when u urself are also not so perfect. If u r a 100% perfect human being, u don even haf to take taxi, u shd haf your own employ driver. Since u r so smart in reading ppl minds

Oh ya, i myself is a relief taxi driver too. But i do own a toyota vios White belta.. My car is full of stickers with a Big WORD 'LING" in chinese. Try me if u c me on the road. I'm always ready to play wit u no matter wat car u driving.

first of all , i didnt make them what they are (taxi-drivers), people like you choose what you want to be.. you can be a floor sweeper if you want where you scare of stress level ...every single job on earth has it own stress level, since taxi-drivers can earn a maximum up to $7k per month then please dont beg for mercy at here how stress your rental and petrol or diesel $$....you go and think for yourself....if others can do it , the remaining shall figure out a way....

anyway , i wont work at office all day and don't play mind games about backstabbing....if i condemn taxi drivers , i will say 100% of taxi drivers are ......they are still good taxi-drivers out there.... [thumbsup]

if you want to play on road , by all means go ahead... i shall wait for newspaper to see your Big word "LING" at the front page for whatever stun you do.....

Edited by Lanevomax

Neutral Newbie

Actually, not only taxi drivers. Lorry/van drivers also. I have nth against them personally, just their driving style.

They drive very recklessly because they know, its company's car. Anything happen, company pay.

You see my video lo.

He just drifted to the road works. He almost hit them. Really close but I very far so can't see.

Then after that just drift towards him.

I am not a perfect driver, but this type of near-miss/accident can be prevented 1.

The reasoning here is.

Because taxi drivers are stressed about covering their cost..... therefore, they are entitled and privileged to:-

1. Treat commuting roads as their playground.

2. Threaten and challenge other road users to "PLAY" with them.

3. Use their taxi as weapons to seek revenge on others.

4. Drive in any manner as they wish without thought or concern for their passengers, for pedestrians, for other road users.

5. Cheat unwary passengers bringing them in circles to chock up mileage thus fares.

6. Cheat in accident claims.

I m sure there are many more entitlements but i will leave it at that.

The reasoning here is.

Because taxi drivers are stressed about covering their cost..... therefore, they are entitled and privileged to:-

1. Treat commuting roads as their playground.

2. Threaten and challenge other road users to "PLAY" with them.

3. Use their taxi as weapons to seek revenge on others.

4. Drive in any manner as they wish without thought or concern for their passengers, for pedestrians, for other road users.

5. Cheat unwary passengers bringing them in circles to chock up mileage thus fares.

6. Cheat in accident claims.

I m sure there are many more entitlements but i will leave it at that.

So many of such taxi drivers. Want to play? Come lor..... Sounds so scary man. :o

Actually, not only taxi drivers. Lorry/van drivers also. I have nth against them personally, just their driving style.

They drive very recklessly because they know, its company's car. Anything happen, company pay.

You see my video lo.

He just drifted to the road works. He almost hit them. Really close but I very far so can't see.

Then after that just drift towards him.

I am not a perfect driver, but this type of near-miss/accident can be prevented 1.

can understand your anger and frustration.... but try not to perform over speeding on hdb street , they might be some kids or some old man dashing acrossing the road even they are in the wrong .... i encounter b4....

So many of such taxi drivers. Want to play? Come lor..... Sounds so scary man. :o

i believe we got better things to do better than play with them, unless job is traffic police , can play with them until their 24 points gone.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

can understand your anger and frustration.... but try not to perform over speeding on hdb street , they might be some kids or some old man dashing acrossing the road even they are in the wrong .... i encounter b4....

Yeah bro, I was overtaking then I saw the old ah ma crossing the road.

While I understand it is not easy earning a living in sg as a taxi driver, it doesn't mean they can be road bullies.

Taxi drivers also got another tactic, if they see you following behind, even not tail gating, they will put the handbrake to try to get you to crash into them. Cos pull handbrake got no brake light.

I kena before alot of times liao. But got 1 case I remember til now.

I was driving behind a taxi on the middle lane at Woodlands. No car infront of him. But he driving at 30-40kmh max. I signal right to go to right lane cos turning right. The moment I signal right, I saw the taxi driver tilt his head up and look at this mirror. (Yea I really saw it)

Next thing I know, the taxi completely stop in the middle of the road with no brake light. Lucky I managed to swerve right to avoid.

Long ago i already observed that many road hoggers are taxi liao. finally someone confirm that. almost everytime i drive on highway there is a taxi road hogging.

Yah

Actually i realised that too... but i believe they do that to give themselves space to switch lanes faster...

this kind of actions endanger the motorcyclist the most...

actuali, motorcyclists not supposed to straddle the lanes too [:(]

This incredible taxi uncle yesterday.

Was travelling towards AMK Avenue (opposite AMK Hub).

Taxi stand was on the left, silvercab Kia wanted to turn right.

Drove right across all the way to the extreme right lane (one line across).

He was like cutting 3 lanes at least, all the way from left to right.

If I never spot the vehicle and slow down, I would have rammed into him right away.

Stupid taxi uncle....that is f*@#$ing dangerous...

:angry:

This incredible taxi uncle yesterday.

Was travelling towards AMK Avenue (opposite AMK Hub).

Taxi stand was on the left, silvercab Kia wanted to turn right.

Drove right across all the way to the extreme right lane (one line across).

He was like cutting 3 lanes at least, all the way from left to right.

If I never spot the vehicle and slow down, I would have rammed into him right away.

Stupid taxi uncle....that is f*@#$ing dangerous...

:angry:

Didn't i share earlier that these taxi drivers are "entitled and privileged" to treat commuting roads as THEIR playground?

I was heading home today from changi airport all the way to jurong using ECP / AYE....

encounter alot of road hoggers .... 80% are taxi-drivers. [rifle]

hardly can see a taxi driver who will give way but there are nice taxi drivers who will give way ..... :D

i guess most of the taxi drivers's mindset are "what important is my bussiness and time ahead, what happen behind is none of my bussiness."

their tradmark speech when encounter accident... [laugh]

if you hit their taxi " i want $xxx.xx amount of money otherwise , i will report you to your insurance .... my claim amount will be very high cos i can claim lose of income , lose of use of vehicle to go geylang ,and all kind of crap.."

if they hit on your vehicle " please dont report to my insurance and if possible dont repair lar, no damage mah.... i got 1 wife not working , 5 kids and 2 mistress at geylang to feed"

If it's an accident involving taxi, don't give chance. If you are at the receiving end, cause if u are at fault... those taxi company don't give chance. So why must we give chance to them. Even minor dent, also report!!!!!

BUT beware of the Orange Taxi, 2 of my friend were involve in and accident. One even hit and run, but that company just tell him that taxi is a wanted taxi as he didnt pay rental. End up the offer half repair cost. Which suppose to be fully bear by them.

Turbocharged

hardly can see a taxi driver who will give way but there are nice taxi drivers who will give way ..... :D

this is really chim... :blink:

think TP need to educate them, most are taxi driver but some yaya papaya driver also do this, sometime i'll just switch on my high beam and all my HID fog light behind them, they wuill still NOT give way, in fact they enjoy it even more.

↡ Advertisement