80% of the taxi drivers are ....

Lanevomax

I do tend to brake closer to motorcycles and keep a closer distance with them. Dunno why, just instinctive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

seldom have any taxi drivers giving way..they either hog lane 1 on expressways or plying really slow on lane 2/3 on normal roads hoping to pickup potential passengers

Hey Benny!

SCREW YOU!!! :D

Edited by Turboflat4

I do tend to brake closer to motorcycles and keep a closer distance with them. Dunno why, just instinctive.

try not to lah. u will make the rider stress. Not to mention, the heat from the bonnet/engine can felt.

Being in the glare of the powerful headlights is also discomforting.

Internal Moderator

Not to condone the way he drove, but this thing about bikes getting hit while stationary at the stop lights by a car behind happens way too often. Not just cabs but 4 wheelers in general. Its better to lane split when coming to a stop imo.

Not to be sexist, i am unsure if u were the rider........but I was once at ws......3 claims on table, I ask whet happen, .....was told all lady riders.....i say huh? thought lady driver less reckless....safer compared to male......shop say....thats the problem......law by law....tend to stop in the centre of lane at the lights........

The thing is we can feedback, auth can have campaign on this (if ever)......but I think such incidents will be a recurring prob for some time to come. So while waiting for positive changes, it may be helpful to make some adjustments.....

Seperately, maybe, its time for lta to allow those flashing triangle red light installed around the tail light area (something like what some cars have at the centre area of the rear bumper.

or....have those boleh bike pattern......have number plate lighting......nightclub style.....but imo, lta aside, its a tad 'blue' for me.

Last but most importantly, I hope u & ur bf are both safe & sound.

BF was the rider. I was the pillion. We have three motorcycles between us so sometimes we just take one out. No need to waste petrol when we're just going to run errands or dinner.

We were the first vehicle in the lane. No need for lanesplitting. ^_^

Reported the incident to my insurance company and also called up Trans-Cab to lodge a complaint. Doubt they will do anything.

Transcab? Can forget it lah.

They are the worse.

Know someone who is a transcab driver and he said the complains 'no enter'. Comfort will take action though.

• Praise 1

BF was the rider. I was the pillion. We have three motorcycles between us so sometimes we just take one out. No need to waste petrol when we're just going to run errands or dinner.

We were the first vehicle in the lane. No need for lanesplitting. ^_^

Reported the incident to my insurance company and also called up Trans-Cab to lodge a complaint. Doubt they will do anything.

I heard for the major coys (from a member here or someone around me), 3 x valid complaints = sacked. Hence these (attitude?) cabbies proceed to the other smaller coys...

But seriously, i have come accross riders who claimed of being hit by a car under such circumstances. In 1 case, the bike came to the stop line for a full 10 secs ... & the impact sent him on a short flight/stumble of 2-3 metres to teh front. As it had been 10 secs, when he looked up vehicles zoomed infront of his eyes (with lotsa of honking.!!).

It usually happened in the night. Came accross such cases when taoking with my ex-colleagues back then when I was doing shift work. Hence, may not be a bad idea to lane split at the stop lights even if ur the only vehecle. Sleepy drivers operating in 'Safe Mode' is really not rare.

Based on your acc, I would opine its the Cab's fault. Notwithstanding, it will still be prudent to take premptive pre-cautions as bikes are always at the losing end in the event of a collision.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Transcab? Can forget it lah.

They are the worse.

Know someone who is a transcab driver and he said the complains 'no enter'. Comfort will take action though.

Can complain to LTA, if there is "no enter" to taxi companies....

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Drive a car lah.....its safer and more cosy to travel in, with a BF. [rolleyes]

Although bike is surely safer than car. But car also not say very safe lo, esp nowadays so many reckless drivers on the road! You dont bang onto other cars, but other car bang onto you! Lol.

Hogging and tailgating is still manageable. Worst is they sometimes will just cut into your lane with hazard lights on and suddenly stop in front you to pick up passengers! Wah lao, I know they need to make a living, but not at expense of others'safey..

Hogging and tailgating is still manageable. Worst is they sometimes will just cut into your lane with hazard lights on and suddenly stop in front you to pick up passengers! Wah lao, I know they need to make a living, but not at expense of others'safey..

Especially worse part is stopping jus at the filter lane turning out.. They can suddenly stop and put the bloody hazard light.. 2 days back nearly hit 1 taxi.. Curse and swear inside my car..

Especially worse part is stopping jus at the filter lane turning out.. They can suddenly stop and put the bloody hazard light.. 2 days back nearly hit 1 taxi.. Curse and swear inside my car..

Suddenly stop if they still turn on the hazard light still ok. But I encountered majority simply just stop and never turn on any hazard light! [furious]

Pick up passengers is on the left side of the road but most of the time, Taxis tend to drive on the right side of the road... shsssh.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Although bike is surely safer than car. But car also not say very safe lo, esp nowadays so many reckless drivers on the road! You dont bang onto other cars, but other car bang onto you! Lol.

At least car is still safer than a bike mah.....

But don't be so negative lah. You say until like sure get into accident like that.... [laugh]

Internal Moderator

Maybe when I'm older and have a family.

I heard for the major coys (from a member here or someone around me), 3 x valid complaints = sacked. Hence these (attitude?) cabbies proceed to the other smaller coys...

But seriously, i have come accross riders who claimed of being hit by a car under such circumstances. In 1 case, the bike came to the stop line for a full 10 secs ... & the impact sent him on a short flight/stumble of 2-3 metres to teh front. As it had been 10 secs, when he looked up vehicles zoomed infront of his eyes (with lotsa of honking.!!).

It usually happened in the night. Came accross such cases when taoking with my ex-colleagues back then when I was doing shift work. Hence, may not be a bad idea to lane split at the stop lights even if ur the only vehecle. Sleepy drivers operating in 'Safe Mode' is really not rare.

Based on your acc, I would opine its the Cab's fault. Notwithstanding, it will still be prudent to take premptive pre-cautions as bikes are always at the losing end in the event of a collision.

Will take note Baal. [:)] Agree with ya, don't wanna get killed on the road because of someone else's negligence.

• Praise 1

Suddenly stop if they still turn on the hazard light still ok. But I encountered majority simply just stop and never turn on any hazard light! [furious]

I lost count the number of times I've seen vehicles langga the back of taxis on the leftmost lane.

Always keep a safe distance with a taxi infront, especially on leftmost lane.

• Praise 1

Maybe when I'm older and have a family.

Will take note Baal. [:)] Agree with ya, don't wanna get killed on the road because of someone else's negligence.

Cheers. Based on my household income, 4 wheels only justifiable when have family. Else, with the level of contribution to nation building......cannot sleep at night.....haha

↡ Advertisement