2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Revealed

Aspri

I have my "own" SE as well so that's all right. Hmm, that seems to be a significant downspec. I'm not sure that's a wise move from the dealer. They should just trim more margin off as they are making quite a lot. sly.gif

I think the 2nd hand ones are all right. I just want the bloody 2nd hand market to be more realistic about the prices and stop trying to cheat customers at every possible opportunity. Maybe I'm just too naive...

↡ Advertisement

No lar, their grey silver is quite nice. Not the light silver type.

In fact, it's quite a popular colour for the Astra H beside the black.

They chop whoever come thru their door mar. If can chop, chop lor. Money not easy to earn. [sweatdrop][laugh]

Don't think anyone would be selling unless they are prepared to suffer a major lose. The first few batches are selling at around $83K and a new one now is a lot lesser. [sweatdrop]

i just spotted a Jag X-type 2.0 which is registered in sep 2003 going for 93800 on the 2nd handcar market. there is also a saab aero registered in jan 2003 going for 97800. how about considering these two?

Hi bro, I also love the current IS200... the new IS250 don't really does it for me

How much is it for a used IS200 that's of 04yr?

I last saw a few being sold off for 80-90+k being from 01 to 04 yr..

Heard from my car dealer friend he took in an IS200 for only 70k, but he said its badly banged and repaired before.. That's the fat the 2nd hand dealers are making

'04 IS200 is about 90+ market value. I think it's overpriced. I would not even consider it even if it's 80+. I may be unrealistic but so are the 2nd hand car dealers. Resale value is so over-rated now but there are going to suckers.

Seriously, I don't even want to know how much they are making off every car they are selling. unimpressed.gif

Lovely cars but nah (especially the Mondeo...sorry Jag). Saab Aero's sweet though but I just can't live down the running costs. Maybe I'm too conservative. Cliche but it's not the cars...it's me. smallcry.gif

Hi bro, I was also looking at mondeo mkII too..

But i found local mondeos are too sparse in their gadgets... almost like a 1.6L jap car, only that it has better handling and an unimpressive 2L engine.

Auto lamps and wipers, cruise control, climate control, tiptronic, quality soundproofing etc are all missing, while UK specced ones have them

bro, the new model mondeo is coming soon n may have the specs u need, please go to ubi road or call Regent motor to check,cheers!!!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifidea.gif

Actually it was a cheap shot at the Jag being based on the Mondeo. I don't think I'm interested in the Mondeo in Singapore at all. If they are Euro-spec, I may be interested...

Neutral Newbie

early next year there should be quite a number of 2nd hand IS200...those hardcore lexus owner will be upgrading to IS250.

Maintaince is fairly simple and very reliable car but cannot help it as it resemble corolla a lot in the interior. The V6 engine is sweet note to hear.

www.riverviewauto.com.sg does alot of servicing for Toyota and Lexus.

Hi Aspri,

I know this is a 8months old thread. Was just wondering, did you managed to buy a IS200 in the end? If yes, what was the price you paid?

My dear Gadgeter,

The end is not near. I haven't bought anything yet. I think I will wait till near the end of my 5th year to take the plunge. Need to maximize my existing car and not let the bank get away with so much. laugh.gif You got lobang? sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

hi aspri,

currently owning a 04 is200...

maintainence wise, nuthin special requirements.

its a trusty machine, no signs of trouble.

power isn't impressive, but ride comfort and the smoothness of the 6 cyls is there.

been in the market for bout 5 years at least but still find the looks nice.

service from the lexus team is superb.

fc wise for me is 8+/L, heard of other is200 owners getting till 11/L

bodykits, plenty, thanks to altezza.

DSCN0885acopy.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi Aspri,

I am currently driving a IS200. Been with the ride for 3 years. Really a no fuss, reliable vehicle. Have been clocking around 11km/litre. In line 6 24 valve engine is super smooth. Lexus service also thumbs up. Do consider the car if you r interested.

It's a pity the new IS250 is a V6 instead of In Line 6. Test drove the IS250 and it lacks the In Line 6 Roar.

Hope the above info is useful.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Bro, A Lexus is alot more than just a rebadged Toyota in terms of NVH and luxury. [;)]

Celsior Soarer Aristo Windom Harrier Altezza. I can't say for sure about Celsior and Soarer, but Aristo Windom Harrier and Altezza are less refined than their sisters GS ES RX and IS.

↡ Advertisement