Cooking Hob Query

MrolexB

Hi All,

I have a cooking hob challenge, hope to hear some advice.

My current cook hob is already about 15 yrs old, recently I am thinking of replacing it. But I faced with the limitation of the kitchen top cut-in size (800 X 430), which means I have to find a replacement hob with the identical cut-in size. My current hob is a Tecno T333TG (860 X 500, cut-in size 800 X 430), however the identical model currently available has a smaller cut-in size (690 X 390).

I am avoiding altering the existing hole or worse, change entire kitchen top. I also considering other models with either cut-in width of 800 (depth lesser than 430) or depth of 430 (width lesser than 800), but wonder if it will hold.

Any advice is appreciated. Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers...

↡ Advertisement

the sizes should be standard, i replace mine without any problem, just take the old one out and put in the new one.

of course it was done by the installer but if there is any minor variance, they should be able to do a quick alteration to fix it.

ts, you can go to web sites like rinai and others to look at the model's dimension. when you go down to the shop to buy ask them if can fit into your kitchen hole.

Edited by Vextan

spend a little more. custom made a stainless steel flat panel bigger than your current opening. then cut a size fit to your new hob. done. new design.

Supercharged

Hi All,

I have a cooking hob challenge, hope to hear some advice.

My current cook hob is already about 15 yrs old, recently I am thinking of replacing it. But I faced with the limitation of the kitchen top cut-in size (800 X 430), which means I have to find a replacement hob with the identical cut-in size. My current hob is a Tecno T333TG (860 X 500, cut-in size 800 X 430), however the identical model currently available has a smaller cut-in size (690 X 390).

I am avoiding altering the existing hole or worse, change entire kitchen top. I also considering other models with either cut-in width of 800 (depth lesser than 430) or depth of 430 (width lesser than 800), but wonder if it will hold.

Any advice is appreciated. Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers...

your hole [laugh] seems standard size. [laugh][laugh]

you shld just go into those shops selling hobs and tell them what is your hole size, they shld be able to recommend you something.

go to the brand of ur choice and ask the sales person to recommend u one with the appropriate cut-out dimensions which are available on the brochures..chances are u'll find one..only non-standard brand is Turbo which the cut-out is rounded at the edges

go to the brand of ur choice and ask the sales person to recommend u one with the appropriate cut-out dimensions which are available on the brochures..chances are u'll find one..only non-standard brand is Turbo which the cut-out is rounded at the edges

the newer Incanto Turbo hobs have built in clamps to secure to the hob recess. So it doesn't have to be an exact fit. Chances are the newer hobs have become smaller in size assuming TS sticks to his per existing hob configuration.

My family just changed hob about 3 months ago.

the newer Incanto Turbo hobs have built in clamps to secure to the hob recess. So it doesn't have to be an exact fit. Chances are the newer hobs have become smaller in size assuming TS sticks to his per existing hob configuration.

My family just changed the cooking hob about 3 months ago.

As suggested ... I checked some other brands ... saw one (Erogaz AZ-333F), it says cut out size W710-840 x D410-480 mm. Seems like it's adjustable. My "hole" is 800 X 430 mm, fits in between ... hmm ... will check more ...

Many Thanks [rolleyes]

I'm in your situation before....the best to go with the existing brand...they will have updated version and likely with the same size....you don't have much choices unless you get someone to cut the top....or to fabricate a bracket that can fit the hob ....else...you will face same problem when you need to change again the next time...remember..you can only go big and not small again...

Edited by LoverofCar

I'm in your situation before....the best to go with the existing brand...they will have updated version and likely with the same size....you don't have much choices unless you get someone to cut the top....or to fabricate a bracket that can fit the hob ....else...you will face same problem when you need to change again the next time...remember..you can only go big and not small again...

The problem is the newer identical model, the cut-out size is smaller than the previous (15 yrs ago). Thus landed in this situation. [:(]

Okie guys just managed to DIY a new hob but was puzzled by few levers at the back of the hob. 

Anyone could advise? The instructions booklet shows a flat surface and not what I took as in the photo. 

1644495370152100084985956668206.jpg

IMG_20220210_193635.jpg

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Must be something similar to this. 

Big thanks bro!! 

Meaning if flame is blue just leave it in the middle or adjust left or right till all blue. 

• Praise 1