Germany Wants Its Gold Back

ShepherdPie

Turbocharged

Germany parked their gold in USA during the Cold War era way before the Americans removed the policy of backing the greenback with gold lah.

To add on, it was to avoid the situation where Germany got attacked by the then USSR and they could not protect their gold.

'Big Brother' can take care of them.

Btw, does anyone know if SG's gold is kept with Big Brother also?

To add on, it was to avoid the situation where Germany got attacked by the then USSR and they could not protect their gold.

'Big Brother' can take care of them.

Btw, does anyone know if SG's gold is kept with Big Brother also?

sg got gold? [:/]

Turbocharged

It would be interesting to see which other countries join the queue in front of the Feds gold claim counter.

'Bank run' situation in the making? [knife]

Turbocharged

sg got gold? [:/]

have lah... see this report from IMF

we got around US$211 million of gold/swap (4.1 million oz).. out of total 255 billion of reserves.

read a bit further... US$252 billion in foreign reserves and of which US$212 billion in securities... (GIC / temasek... CPF? :ph34r:)

IMO, World economy collapse = SG economy collapse. [bigcry]

we got around US$211 million of gold/swap (4.1 million oz).. out of total 255 billion of reserves.

read a bit further... US$252 billion in foreign reserves and of which US$212 billion in securities... (GIC / temasek... CPF? :ph34r:)

There goes our CPF... better to cash out via other ways while we can..

i wonder how they ship the gold back home? yeah, it's by large container ships, how do they ensure 101% security in the ocean?

you doubt Germans hv the capability of securing their gold back from US to Germany??? [laugh] [laugh] Think u watch too much James Bond liao. LOL...

Turbocharged

you doubt Germans hv the capability of securing their gold back from US to Germany??? [laugh] [laugh] Think u watch too much James Bond liao. LOL...

i wonder.. what if the somehow ship sink in international waters? [sly]

further to my earlier post... saw this via another article i happen to read..

we are holding...

*drum roll*

US$91.6 billion of US Treasury Securities... of our total US$255 billion of reserves.

nearly 36% of our reserves in US Treasuries.. sibeh toxic.. perhaps its exchange for 'protection' from big brother?

further to my earlier post... saw this via another article i happen to read..

we are holding...

*drum roll*

US$91.6 billion of US Treasury Securities... of our total US$255 billion of reserves.

nearly 36% of our reserves in US Treasuries.. sibeh toxic.. perhaps its exchange for 'protection' from big brother?

It must be like a ginormous timeshare scheme. That's why so much have been pumped in. One sneeze we also can feel the repercussion. Put quite a lot of eggs in one basket

Gold is really a precious metal and now wonder if they going to get it back.In Finland now a days many people use to do ostetaan kultaa or buy gold which is a very good business now a days because of price of gold is really expensive and it is a good thing to invest your money in it.

↡ Advertisement