Apple refuse to honour warranty on Macbook

Leok777

Hi guys just a warning on buying Apple Care. I bought my Macbook almost 3 years ago(Apple care warranty till March 2013). I just sent my Mac in for repair and they say that there are signs of Water Damage. The proof they say is that some parts are corroded. As such the warranty is void and the repair bill is 1200. Do the think I'm stupid? BTW I never spilled any water on the Mac.

This will be the last time I will EVER buy ANY APPLE product.

Also note that there has been a lot of this claim of water damage by Apple so that they will VOID the warranty.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys just a warning on buying Apple Care. I bought my Macbook almost 3 years ago(Apple care warranty till March 2013). I just sent my Mac in for repair and they say that there are signs of Water Damage. The proof they say is that some parts are corroded. As such the warranty is void and the repair bill is 1200. Do the think I'm stupid? BTW I never spilled any water on the Mac.

Also note that there has been a lot of this claim of water damage by Apple so that they will VOID the warranty.

Most laptop warranty states that some type of damages are no covered under warranty, like screen crack is one of them. If a newly bought laptop the screen crack for no reason, warranty confirm won't cover . Maybe it's the same for water seepage.

Edited by Vextan

Turbocharged

idk le bro .. my mbp keyboard went nuts after a year .. just went in, next day collect back ... they didnt give me any problems or questions. maybe you didnt spill, but did someone accidentally spill on it when you weren't looking? or maybe you used it in a very cold environment then bring outside? not sure if condensation can cause those stickers to change colour ...

why dont you ask them to open up and show you where they feel its corroded? ask them to back up their claim ..

How can they void your warranty? :huh:

I assume you never dis-assemble your MAC book before and if the parts corrode, it is due to our humid Singapore weather...

LJ lar..... for Imac maybe can still buy warranty..... for iPad, dont waste the $$$..... you bring back.... they say the Ipad got dent here and there...... scratch here and there... warranty void.... NBzz..... [rifle]

Yeah, My friend send in the iphone cos the jack got issue. the service ppl also wanna pull off the water stun. Say the litmus paper color is slightly pink n said my friend let the phone touch water before. [mad]

Yeah, My friend send in the iphone cos the jack got issue. the service ppl also wanna pull off the water stun. Say the litmus paper color is slightly pink n said my friend let the phone touch water before. [mad]

actually, are our Local Apple service center from Apple or just sub-con??

these extended warranties are generally crap.

sometimes the saving on not opting for this allows us to use that $$$ for the next purchase.

Yeah Nobody spilled any water on it but they say have corrosion so MUST be water damage. If repair is cheap think they will still repair but if very EX then they refuse to honour. mine cost 1200 they say. BTW there is a history of this so-called water damge on other forums esp in USA.

Is a common complaint that apple water thingies are too sensitive for Singapore - happens quite often and has been reported in the press before

idk le bro .. my mbp keyboard went nuts after a year .. just went in, next day collect back ... they didnt give me any problems or questions. maybe you didnt spill, but did someone accidentally spill on it when you weren't looking? or maybe you used it in a very cold environment then bring outside? not sure if condensation can cause those stickers to change colour ...

why dont you ask them to open up and show you where they feel its corroded? ask them to back up their claim ..

water condensation is always one of their tricks...

Anyway iphone u can still argue. MBP hard.

Edited by Lala81

u can change back the color right?

My friend did before.