Why hasn't anyone shared SDA's election statement... EPIC

Alheych

I don't know who wrote this. This is the funniest official press release I've seen from any politician!

Grammar, analogy, alliteration... EPIC.

"That he has risen from the $16000 dead, and has now emerged a Dedicated and Determined Desmond Lim."

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DESMOND LIM -DEDICATED LOCAL, DETERMINED LEADER

15th Jan 2013- The Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA) is happy to unveil Desmond Lim Bak Chuan as the party representative for the upcoming Punggol East Bi Election slated for 26th Jan 2013. For Mr Lim, this decision comes with a full on approach driven by dedication and determination.

With his official slogan 'Dedicated Local, Determined Leader' as the driver for his campaign, Mr Lim is armed to make a difference and cause potential ripples on the grounds of Punggol East. Mr Lim's slogan brings forth his immense believe to make the change for a country he loves and calls home. His dedication as a person is traced back to his financial struggles growing up, eating off bread crusts as his family pushed on to support its day to day needs. It is perhaps this background, that Mr Lim has developed acute survival instincts and the drive of a fully loaded engine. His 'Never Say Die' attitude has earned him a place in the hearts of many Punggol East residents.

And this attitude perhaps explains why Mr Lim is unfazed by the '$16000 defeat', that made the news in the last elections. Mr Lim explains how the incident has acted as a reminder that anything is possible, but one must never give up. " Ordinarily, another person in my shoes would throw in the towel after the forfeit, and swear off politics. But for me, that incident boosted my determination to come back bigger and better the next round, " explains Mr Lim.

After all, Mr Lim's persistence is far from ordinary. His slogan depicts his goal to keep going, and the continual believe that voters will see the gumption that Mr Lim brings to the table. " One day when my son turns of age, he too will face a hurdle in life. So what do I tell him as a parent? Give up and shy away from defeat? Or surge forward, and use the defeat to fuel your fire to succeed? I want to think that like me, many Singaporean parents will inculcate the importance of journey over outcome in life. And impart the value of resilience in their children. And so I am still here."

With over 20 years in politics, Desmond Lim may just have all the necessary qualities and background to be the voice of Punggol East. Having entered the scene in 1992 as a member of the Central Executive Committee of the Singapore Justice Party, to a Town Councilor in Potong Pasir Constituency for 14 years, Mr Lim has rubbed shoulders with other contenders in the General Elections in 2001 in Jalan Besar GRC, and in 2006 where he led a team to contest the Pasir-Ris Punggol GRC. His Masters in Engineering Management and current position as Principle Engineer in major Telco since 1997 reiterates that Mr Lim has achieved professional success, vis-a-vis the pursuit of his political career.

With his slogan in place, and his engine in full gear, Desmond Lim has his campaign strategy in place to win the hearts of voters in Punggol East in the short campaigning period ahead. His strategy will be direct, to the point and assume a very personal approach. This being a single-seat tussle, Mr Lim is clear that a personalized approach is best in reaching out to residents.

'I want residents in Punggol East to know that this election is not just about choices, it is about making an informed decision. The recent political climate has been such that we have seen many prominent players bow out due to personal challenges and obstacles. This goes to show that carrying a party brand is not enough to make a candidate the best choice, voting in a person who can stick on and do the job is what will matter in the long run," reiterates Mr Lim.

Mr Lim believes that with all the uncertainty ahead of what may unfold, the only certain fact for voters is to count on someone who can and has weathered the storm. A candidate who has faced adversity and returned to continue fighting the cause. And this, Mr Lim, believes gives him the edge over the rest. That he has risen from the $16000 dead, and has now emerged a Dedicated and Determined Desmond Lim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENDS

For Queries and Interviews, please contact:

Media Correspondence Email: [email protected]

Media Call Line to SDA : +65 8179 8979

Edited by Alheych
↡ Advertisement

And this, folks, is why a PR professional makes a difference..

Mr Lim's slogan brings forth his immense believe (I think that "belief" is what they were going for...)

Mr Lim's slogan brings forth his immense believe to make the change for a country he loves and calls home.

errr....desire to make the change? or belief that a change is needed?

Ok....last one.....It will take me too long to list them all, so will just take from the closing paragraph.

returned to continue fighting the cause

So he's going to continue fighting the cause is he? What cause would that be? Or do they mean fighting FOR the cause?

Heard he is going to proceed with his online rally at 6pm today. [:p]

new age need new media approach :D

target at the teen who cannot vote and uncle auntie duno how to go watch internet and watch :huh: :huh:

Stupid and hilarious. He'll be another $16k poorer after this month.

$14,500......not sure why the difference, but the dep for this bi-election :D was $14,500

not just $14,500

$$ spend on volunteer >> $18k?

$$ spend on flyers, banners, etc

$$ spend on campaign ... run here run there run everywhere

seriously, i could not understand why he contest ...

err ... got sponsor and donor for his campaign?

Edited by Wt_know

Heard he is going to proceed with his online rally at 6pm today. [:p]

Speaking of which,

What was the drama behind KJ rally yesterday? Supposed death threats?

I have some theories..

a) He was worried about turnout, so looking to find an excuse to explain why so bad - this up / down and on / off not safe scenario lets him have an excuse

b) He has been getting genuine and credible death threats

c) He's seriously deluded and needs to spend some time at Woodbridge.

new age need new media approach :D

target at the teen who cannot vote and uncle auntie duno how to go watch internet and watch :huh: :huh:

anyway, if its really 6pm, the timing is also a bit strange. 6pm is the time where most people are just leaving office or on the way home or stuck in the jams or even for housewives, the time where they in the middle of preparing dinner. What is the extent of the outreach going to be like?

Speaking of which,

What was the drama behind KJ rally yesterday? Supposed death threats?

I have some theories..

a) He was worried about turnout, so looking to find an excuse to explain why so bad - this up / down and on / off not safe scenario lets him have an excuse

b) He has been getting genuine and credible death threats

c) He's seriously deluded and needs to spend some time at Woodbridge.

I think the reasons are:

He is worried about the rally turn out and looking for a reasonable excuse to cancel it so as not to lose face.

He is hoping to gain some sympathy votes

I heard he is also bi-polar and can suddenly yell at people for no reason.

anyway, if its really 6pm, the timing is also a bit strange. 6pm is the time where most people are just leaving office or on the way home or stuck in the jams or even for housewives, the time where they in the middle of preparing dinner. What is the extent of the outreach going to be like?

he probably recorded and load it on youtube, flood the FB and tweeter with the video via his young recruit. and get the fastest and highest hit than gangnam style :huh: