Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

if wat u said is true..den itz 100% thumbs down for such co..

Thumbs down based on what I see also.

It doesn't matter whether P Plate or non P Plate.

The purpose is to drive the car to wherever we want, and return home safely...

Disgusted as well :angry:

• Praise 7

Gentlemen n ladies...

The events here really truely boils my blood when I read them, but frankly, there are tons of msges and many pages, very likely some black sheep dealer will be hidden and not be observed.

Any link to a single table where we could list down the these blacklist of 2nd hand car dealers? one look we know who we should avoid and why.

• Praise 6

I think many experienced MCF bros here will willingly accept a small token fee to accompany newbie buyers to view second hand car... it might be a viable business. 2nd hand car sourcing. :)

• Praise 5

I think many experienced MCF bros here will willingly accept a small token fee to accompany newbie buyers to view second hand car... it might be a viable business. 2nd hand car sourcing. :)

experienced doesnt necessarily means ethical..n doesn't mean tings will go 100% smooth..doing ur own homework is still the best option..any questions,juz ask..any doubts,dont buy..

• Praise 5

Hi Uiop1234,

I have been spending a few days looking through this forum trying to avoid dealing with any of the blacklisted dealers.. Unfortunately for me, fu ee was not mentioned before and I have already place a deposit with them last Friday. Just before the car is ready for collection tomorrow, I saw ur post. I also requested the car to be evaluated by STA. The agent just msg me to say that it got a B grade. (I didn't deal with Steven Koh directly).

Don't know is Gd or bad that I saw this before I collect the car. I guess I just got to be more viligant to check the report properly before buying.. Ya, I did write down total refund if inspection shows that car is not 100% accident free. That will mean an grade of c and below?

I will be going down to take a look at the inspection report since is ready.

Anyway. Ya. They keep saying they have been in Joo Chiat for 20 over years.. Thanks for the sharing.

Will update again...

• Praise 1

Hi Uiop1234,

I have been spending a few days looking through this forum trying to avoid dealing with any of the blacklisted dealers.. Unfortunately for me, fu ee was not mentioned before and I have already place a deposit with them last Friday. Just before the car is ready for collection tomorrow, I saw ur post. I also requested the car to be evaluated by STA. The agent just msg me to say that it got a B grade. (I didn't deal with Steven Koh directly).

Don't know is Gd or bad that I saw this before I collect the car. I guess I just got to be more viligant to check the report properly before buying.. Ya, I did write down total refund if inspection shows that car is not 100% accident free. That will mean an grade of c and below?

I will be going down to take a look at the inspection report since is ready.

Anyway. Ya. They keep saying they have been in Joo Chiat for 20 over years.. Thanks for the sharing.

Will update again...

Don't worry. For used car, hardly u get a A grade unless its really that new. Well as for reliable, through what I know, Fu Ee can be trusted. Bear in mind that STA or Vicom inspection are just a guideline for all car buyer to ensure that the grading of the car condition is good. But it doesn't serve as a guarantee that the vehicle sold will be free from any faulty. Car are like human, it does fall sick from time to time, do remember that there are always wear and tear. Even if u buy new car, doesn't mean it will be problem free.

So long, the price is right, the driving feeling of the car satisfy you. Then it's fine. Today u may be driving it finely, but the next day there might be a breakdown. Just like human, u can be heathy today but down with a flu next day. All this things are unforseen. As long as a problem occur, and they are willing to help u resolve it. Then u shall be grateful to have the problem solve and have the matter rest.

Edited by Stanley79again
  • Praise 5

I went to another one at the opposite unit...don't have the name of it...same location.

They were opened quite early.

Asked the car dealer for OPC cars, he intro me 2 of them...

BUT, they were not what I had in mind.

Dealer was insistent in wanting me to make up my mind, kept pushing "Can you buy now?"

"Place a deposit", "leave me your driving license and NRIC, and I do a quote for you right now".

Sometimes buying cars through used car dealers is a headache...I mean, they photocopy your identity just to make an online quote...

What would happen if

1) They use the photocopied items to loan from loansharks?

2) They try to help by getting you to sign on empty forms, so as a convenience...but what if they just fill in something that is of an overloan? You don't actually need that much loan

3) They try to push you to make a forced buy, but no one buys their car upon a first visit...usually it takes at least a second visit before you are comfortable with it

I'm sorry I take it back, but the area is actually quite small...houses only a few companies...

If there are honest dealers out there, I'm more than willing to swallow these words...BUT, there is none [:(]

Besides the list of "honest dealers"...sometimes you can only rely on your own judgment to determine if they are good or not...

1. Anyone in loan shark line? Please advice, Can photocopied ic helps to obtain a loan from loanshark?

2. U can be helpful enough to help them fill up those bank application form if you wan, it will defintely help save time for them filling up the forms. The require loan amount shall be decided before taking up loans. Some car buyer might not be able to come out with cash for 1st Installment, insurance and require overloans. Which is why for some dealer to do some calculation before stating the loan amount. But by all means, when your loan is submitted to the bank for loan approval, the bank will verify with u on the loan amount that u are applying for.

3. Every car salesman want to earn a living, when they handle you, they will wish that u could commit to them. Which is why, the pushing might sound a bit like forcing. But if u really cannot make a decision, just tell them u will consider and walk off. They won't take a knife and force u to commit.

Edited by Stanley79again
  • Praise 1

1. Anyone in loan shark line? Please advice, Can photocopied ic helps to obtain a loan from loanshark?

2. U can be helpful enough to help them fill up those bank application form if you wan, it will defintely help save time for them filling up the forms. The require loan amount shall be decided before taking up loans. Some car buyer might not be able to come out with cash for 1st Installment, insurance and require overloans. Which is why for some dealer to do some calculation before stating the loan amount. But by all means, when your loan is submitted to the bank for loan approval, the bank will verify with u on the loan amount that u are applying for.

3. Every car salesman want to earn a living, when they handle you, they will wish that u could commit to them. Which is why, the pushing might sound a bit like forcing. But if u really cannot make a decision, just tell them u will consider and walk off. They won't take a knife and force u to commit.

Haha your quote on 1 is funny... [laugh]

• Praise 2

** 24 Jan 2013 - Classic Credit - Ubi CarMart

- Was looking for web for honda mpv. And spotted on that met my requirement, so give them a call. The answer is YES, car is there for viewing. "Just back from grooming"

- After lunch today, went down with my colleague.

(And best part my colleague is those "can drive can liao", he immediately spotted a water mark on the car which is cannot be remove.)

- I start to notice the car that they posted on sgcarmart.com is totally different from the one I viewing and they keep insisting is the same car.

(highlight a few point, like not sport rims, digital climate control vs analog as they describe)

After those points, then the seller start to act blur and telling me that one sold long way back, this is the one we discussed on the phone.

I straight away walk off and telling the salesmen, thank you very much and I don't like the car.

• Praise 5

** 24 Jan 2013 - Classic Credit - Ubi CarMart

- Was looking for web for honda mpv. And spotted on that met my requirement, so give them a call. The answer is YES, car is there for viewing. "Just back from grooming"

- After lunch today, went down with my colleague.

(And best part my colleague is those "can drive can liao", he immediately spotted a water mark on the car which is cannot be remove.)

- I start to notice the car that they posted on sgcarmart.com is totally different from the one I viewing and they keep insisting is the same car.

(highlight a few point, like not sport rims, digital climate control vs analog as they describe)

After those points, then the seller start to act blur and telling me that one sold long way back, this is the one we discussed on the phone.

I straight away walk off and telling the salesmen, thank you very much and I don't like the car.

Ya, that's the right way to do when u meet such situation. Walk off and look for others, rather than standing there arguing and the issue will still not be resolve.

Hi I got few questions need some pros for help.. I jus sold my car to the dealer on 13th Jan..

Dealer told me my total loan settlement amount was $$$.. I collected a cheque which is the extra $$ from my car which I sold to him and I sign a form to handover the car to him then I thought he settle everything.. 6 days later I saw my giro deduct the monthly instalment for my car.. then i call him to ask him.. he told me usually his company the admin do the paperwork quite slow will take like a week to settle the settlement amd transferring of owner.. he said he will settle asap for me..

My question is lets said he settle the full amount next week, will the bank return me the full amount of the instalment which i paid? During this period if anything happen to the car will I be acounted for? Thanks..

• Praise 4

Hi I got few questions need some pros for help.. I jus sold my car to the dealer on 13th Jan..

Dealer told me my total loan settlement amount was $$$.. I collected a cheque which is the extra $$ from my car which I sold to him and I sign a form to handover the car to him then I thought he settle everything.. 6 days later I saw my giro deduct the monthly instalment for my car.. then i call him to ask him.. he told me usually his company the admin do the paperwork quite slow will take like a week to settle the settlement amd transferring of owner.. he said he will settle asap for me..

My question is lets said he settle the full amount next week, will the bank return me the full amount of the instalment which i paid? During this period if anything happen to the car will I be acounted for? Thanks..

Likely ur settlement amount will be less a installment amount which by the time they settle, it will be slight cheaper than the amount hand over the car.

My advice, monitor the settlement. Ensure that it's settle in the next few days.

Edited by Stanley79again

Anyone deal with banyan auto? before they are located at tagore lane.

Ok, so far so good. U don't see any bad comment about them here. So go ahead. Then after that update the people here about their service

Better to cancel the giro.

• Praise 4

Better to cancel the giro.

Get the proof of selling and inform the bank ... And make sure they do settlement, sometime those dealers playing on the dates. So they no need to pay the "interest" for your car T.loan sum.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1