Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

if buying 2nd hand car, get the car checked by AAS or Vicom/STA. Not 100% guaranteed no issues after purchase but still better than trusting a used car dealer. Also, know the lemon law and apply if necessary

for the actual transaction, pay a minimum ($1K?) deposit. For the rest of the payment, do so at LTA office at the same time as the car ownership transfer.

PI - buy only if got ready stock (not indent and wait indefinitely) and fm big dealer with good history... not a $2 paid up capital shop.

I see.. Good points made.. Thanks alot for the buying tips..:)

↡ Advertisement

if buying 2nd hand car, get the car checked by AAS or Vicom/STA. Not 100% guaranteed no issues after purchase but still better than trusting a used car dealer. Also, know the lemon law and apply if necessary

for the actual transaction, pay a minimum ($1K?) deposit. For the rest of the payment, do so at LTA office at the same time as the car ownership transfer.

PI - buy only if got ready stock (not indent and wait indefinitely) and fm big dealer with good history... not a $2 paid up capital shop.

Please send the car which you want to buy to your own preferred workshop to check.

Kindly ensure the workshop is competent enough.I learnt my lesson after buying a can of worms:(

As for the PI part, subjective is the word.

As long as PI is reliable, indent is still not an issue.

Actually if anyone here wants to buy from a particular dealer but if you are uncertain or unsure, I can help.

do pm me if you need more info.

Edited by Accordvtec

Amaron battery on average can last 2 years. Never had one lasting less than 2 years.

The one in my Dyna lorry 3 years already. Heat is one killer for dying battery so I guess a battery outside the engine bay is good.

mine has 2 amaron.... 1 in front 1 in boot... I wonder can last how long

Neutral Newbie

Well done to YANN from Tan Wei Auto Pte Ltd.

Hi guys,

Here's my quick and short story.. my WRX is due for scrap in Oct 2015, so i was in the market for a car.

Decided on a Passat CC 2.0T, and not many dealers have them, so i happened to chance upon a white one sold by Tan Wei Auto.

I must say, my sis was a car dealer many years back and i've had my fair share of experiences with car dealers.

Had a few contacts from the car trade industry, but unfortunately none of them carried what i was looking for.

Went down on a Saturday to meet a Yann Tan guy, first meeting was normal, typical car dealer pattern, just took a look at the car, walked around.

He wasn't pushy, quite accommodating, but i didn't test drive the car as i was still considering.

Went back think about it, decided to make the deposit, went down the next day to find Yann for a test drive.

Made my deposit, and here i am.. 3rd week with my Passat CC!

But KNN, i am so f**king lucky.. 1st week of collecting (which is like 3 weeks ago), i kena "lottery", my mechatronic unit Died!

Called Yann and told him i will be sending the car to the workshop, luckily he got me to buy the workshop warranty, so now the MU replacement is covered!

There are a few other minor things with the car which was promised to be fixed, but it wasn't fixed!!

Relax, It is no fault of Yann, coz I leg itchy want to collect car fast, collected it within a week of making deposit.

He has promised to fix the problems and we are in the midst of arranging things.

If he play me out, I will come here to blacklist him first thing i get online!

There are many other little things he promised/gave me, but I won't be publicizing them as that will be unfair to him.

All in all, Yann from Tan Wei Auto (McKenzie branch) is a car dealer i will be recommending my friends to!

Hi guys,

I would like to warn you guys about this second hand car dealer.

D & L Auto Trading Ent.

1) To cut story short, they charged a $500 stamp duty without letting us know in advance. Right after we hand them over the deposit.

2) the insurance he quoted us, he charges a 10% commission on top of the NTUC income insurance. They are suppose to take the commission from the insurance not quote above the insurance.

Sales Person / Boss name is Darren

Bad attitude and hang up on call when we try to talk to him. (On the very same day after he sold us the car, immediately changed of attitude)

Please do not frequent this car dealer, need more information, feel free to PM ME. Will be willing to provide proof.

COURT NO 27: BEFORE DISTRICT JUDGE MR KOH JUAY KHERNG
Monday 21 Sep 2015 Case Management Conferences (CMC)
Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 MC 25248/2013

Wu Pei Tong
v
Cheong Ming Kiat (Zhang Minjie) t/a. In-Carz Automobiles

[2nd tranche if necessary]

• Praise 1

Hopefully, these dealers will learn to trade fairly.

COURT NO 27: BEFORE DISTRICT JUDGE MR KOH JUAY KHERNG
Monday 21 Sep 2015 Case Management Conferences (CMC)
Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 MC 25248/2013

Wu Pei Tong
v
Cheong Ming Kiat (Zhang Minjie) t/a. In-Carz Automobiles

[2nd tranche if necessary]

Guys need some advice..

long and short...I placed a deposit of a few K for a car...

Dealer took damn long to report back on loan matters, like 2 weeks time..normally it will be quite fast right?

Then I saw on sgcarmart the car was sold liao...I thought that was natural as I had bought it..but I was wrong..after 3 weeks I still didn't get any feedback from dealer and when I tried to call/sms them they ignored me...long story short no car delivered and deposit missing

Should I go CASE or police straight away?

• Praise 1

Guys need some advice..

Dealer took damn long to report back on loan matters, like 2 weeks time..normally it will be quite fast right?

Then I saw on sgcarmart the car was sold liao...I thought that was natural as I had bought it..but I was wrong..after 3 weeks I still didn't get any feedback from dealer and when I tried to call/sms them they ignored me...long story short no car delivered and deposit missing

if call no pick up, go down to the shop yourself and ask the SE or the Boss if SE not around. Hope you have kept the receipt. The minimum is that you get back your deposit. If they refuse to give back and refuse to do anything to help - report police (this is cheating). If they give funny reason then ask you to consider other car saying that deposit cannot take back but can be used to buy other car - report CASE (cheating also, but legally not as serious as the first, dun think police can take action). But normally CASE can't do nuts. So in the end, go small claims or if you rich, get lawyers to sue them.

If it was me and they refuse to give me back my money. I will just turn up at their shop daily and talk to their potential customers about my buying experience. lol.

• Praise 2

For 3 weeks is too long. Better go down & ask for your deposit if they already sold the car to others. If they willing to return u your deposit than ask for double the deposit amount. B'cos if u back out they forfeited your deposit, if they back out & sold to another buyer they hv to compensate u as well. No harm trying your luck lah.

Post the co. Name here if u really lost your deposit to them hah...

Good luck to u!

• Praise 2

For 3 weeks is too long. Better go down & ask for your deposit if they already sold the car to others. If they willing to return u your deposit than ask for double the deposit amount. B'cos if u back out they forfeited your deposit, if they back out & sold to another buyer they hv to compensate u as well. No harm trying your luck lah.

Post the co. Name here if u really lost your deposit to them hah...

Good luck to u!

good point there, ask for double as this is your rights if the vehicle is sold.

no double no talk. Ask case to intervene if all fails.

Table banging time man. Your patience very good, waited 2 weeks without kpkb the dealer.

Within a few workdays the loan thing will know approve/reject liao.

Being the crooks they are, i doubt even if u make hell lot of noise they will give you double your deposit (but you really should ask for it).

At the very minimum, take back your deposit in cash on the spot and dun forget to godamn spit on their expensive cars on the way out.

Guys need some advice..

• Praise 1

good point there, ask for double as this is your rights if the vehicle is sold.

no double no talk. Ask case to intervene if all fails.

Yeah I suspect someway along the deal some other buyer appeared and offered a much higher price..too good to resist then the dealer sold it and run road.. [rifle]

But I dun want to post names in case there is really a misunderstanding...wait for holiday to pass first

Edited by Kyrios

I was told to avoid the dealers who are at the B, C, D, etc lots at Turf City.

The rationale is the the A lots have higher rental and are usually occupied by more established shops.

I was told to avoid the dealers who are at the B, C, D, etc lots at Turf City.

The rationale is the the A lots have higher rental and are usually occupied by more established shops.

Jokes come in many forms.

↡ Advertisement