Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Shortlisted Mazda 3 with Carway and Kah Hup. Are they are ok?

No go for kah hup.

Initially when looking for used car, I thought more established and bigger company will be safer. But turn out, they are just the same like the rest. Look out for this salesman Marcus chin. Dunno if he is still there.

I got my car from them and they claim they will do up all the things for me which was stated by Vicom inspection. But when collecting my car, they just brush it aside and blame everything under wear and tear. I complain through lemon law but also LL.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all,

New to this forum here. Was charge $500 for Processing Fee. Was told that it is a stardard charge in the industry. Is the fee reasonable? Maybe $200? Please advise. Trade-in my car and the dealer paid about $300 plus more on top of my scrap value. Reasonable?

Neutral Newbie

I guess this is quite standard for so many many years. They call this "football" money aka admin fee. Some dealers don't even mention about this untill you sign on the dotted line. Then they say this is dealer-wide.

Neutral Newbie

Please be aware of Car Design Motor Pte Ltd. I was told by the sales man that the car I am interested to buy was free of accident. After STA car inspection, it turned out that the car had a big repairation. So they are not reliable sellers. Be careful.

Hi to all,

New to this forum here. Was charge $500 for Processing Fee. Was told that it is a stardard charge in the industry. Is the fee reasonable? Maybe $200? Please advise. Trade-in my car and the dealer paid about $300 plus more on top of my scrap value. Reasonable?

Ok lah, how old is the body? What make ?

Neutral Newbie

Of coz still "selling"!! Wait till u do a purchase from him...

1) He will delay transfer ownership for your car (means to say you have to pay for 2 cars until he sells off your original car). Even the bank, police and LTA cannot help you.

2) Giving bounce cheque to car insurance agent. Means you have to pay double to settle with the insurance agent.

3) Owing money to car workshops for customers who wants s 1 year warranty for their purchased cars

4) Delaying your car loan approval

5) BEST OF ALL...ONCE U SIGN THE CAR AGREEMENT, u won't see him ever again!!

PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIS CHEAP CAR PRICES!!

Want to know why? My colleague is in the midst of his crap!!

Hi to all,

Just another gimmicky way to earn more dollars that's all. But if you think reasonable and you like the service, then should be fine.

I have never paid any admin fees when buying used cars, even car inspection fees paid by dealer.

How old is your trade in car and of what make? I traded in my previous car and got 5k above paper value, car was nine years already.

• Praise 3

Just another gimmicky way to earn more dollars that's all. But if you think reasonable and you like the service, then should be fine.

I have never paid any admin fees when buying used cars, even car inspection fees paid by dealer.

How old is your trade in car and of what make? I traded in my previous car and got 5k above paper value, car was nine years already.

I usually pay my own inspection fee as I only use AAS or my own mechanic.

Neutral Newbie

Dear all bros and sis, I would like to rise your awareness to Advance Auto Trading @ Turf City Lot B41/B57.

This afternoon, I accompanied with my friend to Turf City to look for Jap used cars. When we were there, we heard the two ah beng salesmen shouting their heads off with hokkien vulgarities and pointing middle fingers and pushing a young couple (we assume they are customers) . We overheard something like "Cannot afford car then get lost, don't waste our time",F***ers". We do not know what happened earlier on, but both of us were shocked. No matter how rude customers are, they are always right ? Our first thought was salesmen look down on the young couple, thinking they are not sincere buyers.

One of the salesman even used his mobile to call the police, complaining of harassment to their business. To be fair on both sides, as we the third parties we do not wish to give any comment or conclusion.

The poor young couple couldnt do anything but leave the scene, but both salesmen continue harass the young couple with vulgarities . The dispute ended when a lady approached them. (We think she should be the lady boss bcoz both salesmen started to shut their mouth).

My intention of writing here is just to bring awareness to customers who intend to patronise this dealer shop. We personally think that no matter what did the customer do, salesmen shouldnt shout with vulgarities, pointing middle fingers and show sign of violence.

We suggest bros and sis to consider visiting this dealer shop because you might not know what actions and words they will use to you.

Good luck, hope this sharing is beneficial to all.

Not all is bad, Can always consider dealership like PPSL, SELECT by PPSL or those with case trust company.

Edited by Laurence2777
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all,

dun ever pay admin fee(football money)to car dealer!!if they say its standard practice,jus walk off n dun buy from them.they already earn from e sale n still want football $?ask them to F off!! [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info. Service provided so far is satisfactory. Guess worthwhile to pay for it. Lucky you to manage to get extra 4K for your car. Mine is a Jazz and will expire in Oct this year.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

dun ever pay admin fee(football money)to car dealer!!if they say its standard practice,jus walk off n dun buy from them.they already earn from e sale n still want football $?ask them to F off!! [laugh]

Thanks. Mistake, did not go to this forum prior to making purchase. Had tried to get the dealer to lower but unsuccessful. Anyway, an expensive lesson i have learnt. Thanks to all for your kind input.

Thanks for the info. Service provided so far is satisfactory. Guess worthwhile to pay for it. Lucky you to manage to get extra 4K for your car. Mine is a Jazz and will expire in Oct this year.

Do send for inspection to ensure car in good condition, also verify mileage.

Hope you get a good and nice ride! [:)]

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Do send for inspection to ensure car in good condition, also verify mileage.

Hope you get a good and nice ride! [:)]

Thanks. Much Appreciated.

Thanks. Mistake, did not go to this forum prior to making purchase. Had tried to get the dealer to lower but unsuccessful. Anyway, an expensive lesson i have learnt. Thanks to all for your kind input.

bottom line.....once signed and. all its at their mercy <_<