Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

To all looking for a used car, please be aware of certain unethical practices. I just became a victim.

On 20 March 2013,I discovered an advertisement by dealer Sin Tian He on sgcarmart for a Subaru Impreza 5D 2.0 RS Auto. The number of owners shown was 1. I went down to the shop, was attended by Dennis Ong, who was the contact person for the vehicle. He informed me that the car had 1 previous owner.

On Sat 23 March 2013, I visited the dealer with my family. Dennis Ong again mentioned that the car had 1 previous owner to my wife and I. Subsequently, we decided to buy the car. When we went to the office of the dealer to complete the purchase agreement, we asked for the vehicle registration log. We were told that being a weekend, the admin staff was not around and it was unable to be retrieved. We proceeded with the purchase of the vehicle since it was advertised as having 1 previous owner and also indicated by the salesman.

That night at home while browsing through sgcarmart, I noticed that the same advertisement had been amended that day. Instead of "1" in the entry for the number of owners, its was replaced by "-".

The next morning I managed to contact Dennis Ong. He said he is not sure of the number of owners, disputing the fact that he had told us that it was 1 previously.

On Mon 25 March 2013, Dennis Ong informed me that the car had 3 previous owners. I requested to cancel the sales agreement and a refund of my $2000 deposit since it was to our understanding that we are buying a car with 1 previous owner, not 3. To date, I have not been successful in getting my deposit back.

I have made a costly mistake in this transaction. I hope all who read this posting will not fall into such scams.

I have attached screen snap shots of the advertisement concerned.

post-127658-1364384512_thumb.png

post-127658-1364384537_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Bro,

You have 2 attachments as prove.

Go to CASE to lodge a report, cannot let off such dealers and let them go scott free.

• Praise 3

To all looking for a used car, please be aware of certain unethical practices. I just became a victim.

On 20 March 2013,I discovered an advertisement by dealer Sin Tian He on sgcarmart for a Subaru Impreza 5D 2.0 RS Auto. The number of owners shown was 1. I went down to the shop, was attended by Dennis Ong, who was the contact person for the vehicle. He informed me that the car had 1 previous owner.

On Sat 23 March 2013, I visited the dealer with my family. Dennis Ong again mentioned that the car had 1 previous owner to my wife and I. Subsequently, we decided to buy the car. When we went to the office of the dealer to complete the purchase agreement, we asked for the vehicle registration log. We were told that being a weekend, the admin staff was not around and it was unable to be retrieved. We proceeded with the purchase of the vehicle since it was advertised as having 1 previous owner and also indicated by the salesman.

That night at home while browsing through sgcarmart, I noticed that the same advertisement had been amended that day. Instead of "1" in the entry for the number of owners, its was replaced by "-".

The next morning I managed to contact Dennis Ong. He said he is not sure of the number of owners, disputing the fact that he had told us that it was 1 previously.

On Mon 25 March 2013, Dennis Ong informed me that the car had 3 previous owners. I requested to cancel the sales agreement and a refund of my $2000 deposit since it was to our understanding that we are buying a car with 1 previous owner, not 3. To date, I have not been successful in getting my deposit back.

I have made a costly mistake in this transaction. I hope all who read this posting will not fall into such scams.

Can file police report for false representation with intent to cheat in preparation of further action to be taken?

You should sent him the attachment and threaten to take action if you don't get your money back, you have a good case.

Neutral Newbie

WRT my case, police reports filed and civil actions in progress. Will update outcome eventually. Thanks for the advice.

2009 feb I was con by the same car dealer caught them twit millage of the car wanted I get successfully gotten back deposits after threaten to call police and press

Anyone deal w classic credits before? Notice their price have the range between 30-33 45-48 why is there a range, eyeing on 1 of their car. But haven make my move, had went down to see the car 6months ago, surprisingly it's still there after so long.

Have u called up Komoco to confirm the service history? Before signing anything send the car for checking. Good luck on your purchase. :D

• Praise 1

I will call Komoco once I know the car plate number. Is the price ok? How much discount I can negotiate?

I read until page 58 of this the previous thread and was horrified at some of your experience but learnt a lot. Thanks for sharing brothers :D

Edited by Megan_mommy

Neutral Newbie

The problem nowadays is that with govt's measures, less people buying cars as a immediate reaction. This will affect most 2nd-hand car dealers. With less revenue coming in, there is always a chance that you may be one of the last few buyers to put down the deposit before they close shop. Big agency or not. Another further precaution is to pay a few dollars more with ACRA to check their paid-up capital if you bother.

• Praise 1

bro....hope your sales huat considering you are a known 'good fella' here

keep it up

Really?? Henly is "good fella? " finally someone talking about good dealer after so much nonsense from bad dealers...

Will keep look out ..

• Praise 1

Really?? Henly is "good fella? " finally someone talking about good dealer after so much nonsense from bad dealers...

Will keep look out ..

look at the previous threads and his name is mentioned in good accord. Not the fly by night...

and for the record, i am basing this on what I have heard from fellow car buyers

Anyone deal w classic credits before? Notice their price have the range between 30-33 45-48 why is there a range, eyeing on 1 of their car. But haven make my move, had went down to see the car 6months ago, surprisingly it's still there after so long.

My current car was bought from a salesman who claimed to be previously from Classic Credit. According to what he told me, this company is always targetting on those so called bad credit rating buyers. And they will always mark up their prices high high knowing that these bad rating buyers have difficulty n getting bank loans to buy cars.

So be careful when dealing with them if you have to.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1