Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

I feel like I kenna cheated by a used car dealer SG Carline at Commonwealth car mart. I bought a used car on 30 Mar 2018 with full cash payment and until now never transfer car ownership to me. The sales guy Marcus whom sell me the car say he already left the company and ask me to find his boss Sam. This Sam keep delay and delay say his China wife went back China, her mother sick then her mother went operation. Did I get cheated?

whats the full name and number of the sales guy who left?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

I'm sorry, what did I assume? Read above, that guy already admitted he tio jiak... I refuse to end up like him.

I won't even bother replying if not for the fact that he was fear mongering without actual facts.

How many people here in this forum read posts like these, scared... then settle for just a partial sum of the deposit back, thinking luck was already on their side? Then again, to each his own.

Just that in this particular thread, got people siding dealer... Kinda fishy right?

Come back to update after got full refund $2K
  • Praise 1

actually the different of 1.5 or 2k not really that huge sum of money comaprately to the price of a car.

I am not a dealer. Just a poor old men. better run.

• Praise 1

Enforcement of orders to pay money 36. (1) Every order made by a tribunal or the Registrar requiring a party to pay money shall be deemed to be an order of a Magistrateâs Court and, subject to this section, may be enforced accordingly.

People like you are the reason that dealers can get away scamming so many people's deposit. Fear mongering, don't know actual facts.

Any chance that you could be a dealer? I thought the purpose of sharing here is to help innocent buyers against scrupulous dealers.

Your nick really suits you well... tio jiak

I am very sure hamburger isn't a dealer. Otherwise he would has been shot down long long time ago! He isn't a hamburger seller as well

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

whats the full name and number of the sales guy who left?

I bought from the sales guy Marcus Heng. His boss is Sam Lee. Do you know them? Or did you buy car from them before?
  • Praise 2

Friend, you can turn this situation in your favour.....

If you ask for deposit back, the law is not in your favour. You did not check the car and parted with your money, you entered into a bad deal yourself. The law does not protect you from a bad deal.

Turn the situation around. Now tell the dealer you want the car. And per lemon law, ask dealer to fix up all the problems contained in the 8 page VAGSG report. After it is fixed, you will send the car to an independent inspection centre again before paying the remainder. If there are still problems, dealer must fix it, fix until no problems.

Use emails or registered mail for evidences. Be quick to communicate that you want the car. If not, dealer sell to others and swallow your deposit on baisis that you Do Not want the car, then no fault of theirs.

What happens now? The dealer now knows he is going to incur thousands to fix the problems, it will be a loss making deal. The dealer now will start to consider returning you the $2K is more economical correct!

Alternatively, dealer may really try to fix the problems and sell you the car. They will use parts from scrap Audi, second hand parts, compatible parts, no way they put original parts, at best OEM parts. As time passes, the value of the car keeps dropping, they also scared after weeks of fixing the car, you back off the deal and forgo your $2K deposit and they have to sell the car to others at much lower value. Again, they will consider returning you $2K deposit.

Good luck friend!

May i ask how enforceable is lemon law? do dealers drag it? 

• Praise 2

I am very sure hamburger isn't a dealer. Otherwise he would has been shot down long long time ago! He isn't a hamburger seller as well

• Praise 4

well bro the gist of my previous post is about how useless is case or small claim tribunal when i am suckered into buying a lemon car.

i scrapped the car and lost a few grand and learnt from it.

dont know how someone can derive that i am a car dealer and i cant be bother to reply also.

if you are a car dealer many here will be very happy. sure good deal. I want to befriend you personally.

Supersonic

if you are a car dealer many here will be very happy. sure good deal. I want to befriend you personally.ð

if @hamburger is car dealer i also want to buy from him [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Obviously YES. 

His father mother wife sick or whatever has nothing to do with your transfer of ownership. 

May I know what car did u purchase? 

• Praise 2

Recently went down to see a car. Was told car maintained by agent. Car mileage was very low for 5 year old car. But as it was 1 owner, i tot it could be true. Anw, sent car to own workshop for checks. Called up agent to check history too. Turn out, car is PI car, not agent car at all. Mileage shown was tapered. at least x4. Just take note, especially for cars with no more valid warranty with agent, please do ur own checks. But from the whole experience, I am very sure this dealer was meant to cover it from the start. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Recently went down to see a car. Was told car maintained by agent. Car mileage was very low for 5 year old car. But as it was 1 owner, i tot it could be true. Anw, sent car to own workshop for checks. Called up agent to check history too. Turn out, car is PI car, not agent car at all. Mileage shown was tapered. at least x4. Just take note, especially for cars with no more valid warranty with agent, please do ur own checks. But from the whole experience, I am very sure this dealer was meant to cover it from the start.

that’s standard sop from any used car dealer la

unless show you proof with hard evidence

they can tell you all cock and bull story

it’s doctor lawyer 2nd car ... sibei low mileage

their loss is your gain [laugh]

the point is whatever used car dealer say

just imagine thier words is minus 4 times with exaggeration and over promised

Edited by Ragingbull

just curious. how do you know mileage was tampered 4x? you asy that it is not from agent. but how you managed to verify that it is tampered at least 4X?

just curious. how do you know mileage was tampered 4x? you asy that it is not from agent. but how you managed to verify that it is tampered at least 4X?

mileage was listed as 11,000km. But when i sent for checks, it was found out the car was a PI car, and the distance logged by the car is in miles and not KM. so that is almost double the distance. Also, no matter how all dealers tamper with the meter, wear and tear cant be hidden one. another fact was that tyres were changed in 2015. and the tyres were already bald. So with the meter shown, its almost 20km just based on the miles and km conversion. If i give it additional 10-20k km travelled even if u tell me its 2nd hand tyres, i believe it isnt too much of a suspicion right? Just by the fact alone that they listed the distance as KM instead of Miles already tells alot eh?

• Praise 1

(edited)

with such good csi skill like looking at the tyres

how come you kena smoked the car only clock 11k?

at 11k the tyre should be still fresh fresh

did you not go down see the car and simply send to check to buy already?

my advice is do not pay “premium” for smlj low mileage doctor lawyer 2nd car

just treat used car is fcked up and lowball to minimize your loss

save the $$ to repair the car is better [thumbsup]

mileage was listed as 11,000km. But when i sent for checks, it was found out the car was a PI car, and the distance logged by the car is in miles and not KM. so that is almost double the distance. Also, no matter how all dealers tamper with the meter, wear and tear cant be hidden one. another fact was that tyres were changed in 2015. and the tyres were already bald. So with the meter shown, its almost 20km just based on the miles and km conversion. If i give it additional 10-20k km travelled even if u tell me its 2nd hand tyres, i believe it isnt too much of a suspicion right? Just by the fact alone that they listed the distance as KM instead of Miles already tells alot eh?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2