Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

(edited)

I know that Carz World are majority deal with new car, but I bought a COE car from them this time.

Ben has been a nice guy during the car viewing session. He is very responsive.

On the car viewing day, I noticed there are some YELLOW MARK on some area but Ben said nothing, just dirty. I noticed the engine mounting need to replace. And lot of wear and tear to be touch up. I like the car because the original pear white, but still needs to do some paints touch up. I decided to discuss with my family before deal.

He promised as per advertised all wear and tear will be replace.

- 1 year warranty

- STA report

- Replace whole car solar film

- 2 new front light

- New engine mounting - All 4 pcs

- Reverse camera and media player

- iRoad V7 front and back

- Paint touch up

- Polishing

- Full servicing before handover including engine oil, oil and air filter + gearbox oil.

After negotiated the price over the phone, we confirmed the deal. He wanted to come down my house to collect deposit. Over the phone he told me no more one year warranty only 6 month lemon law. I agreed as he inform me now.

But later we confirm again the deal detail, he say STA report not included. He promised me will do everything SUI SUI, all fixed, like new car before handover to me. No worry at all to the car.

He promised will talk to his boss IF can pay half-half the STA report, but I know this is only his strategy, after deposit, it will not happened. Is ok, I know it.

I told him I will be going to Malaysia a week later after I collect my car, please make sure the workshop perform the necessary check before handover, again, he promised everything will be SUI SUI steady like new car, and I will never disappointed.

Day 1 â car collection. He still owed me some item have not delivery, the door rubber, broken air-con vent, some cover, wear and tearâ¦. haven replace due to part haven arrived but at least the servicing has done. I agreed will come back later to fix them after I come back from Malaysia.

The car camera NOT iRoad7, is no brand item.

The car interior very dirty, I doubt they clean my car. I show him the dirt inside the car, car bootsâ¦.

He told me they re-spray the whole car instead of touch up, but I feel more jialat because I told him I like the original pear white, but now the so call one layer spray, I feel is very urgly, you guy should know what I means one layer spray.

I noticed the car vibration did not improve, I asked him and he told me the workshop advice only 2 mounting faulty need to change, the other 2 no problem, donât need to change. I disagree with his statement and insist he need to replace all new set as agreed after I back from Malaysia. I ask for receipt to prove what has been replaced and he say no problem, can provide, but I will shock when I see the receipt, because he had done a lot of thing for me (never provide)

On the first day driving I noticed there are noises from compressor while driving. I informed Ben. He promised will get the workshop to check, order and replace for me.

Day 2- the heater pipe broken while I am on my way to my owned workshop to verify what he had done on my car. Called Ben if he can help, but no respond. I have to pay my workshop $110 to replace the heater pipe because I canât drive without the heater pipe.

The heater pipe T joint broken, there is the area I ask during car viewing, and Ben said, NOTHING just DIRTY, but my workshop say the yellow mark is the water leakage from the T joint. The T joint already koyak long time ago, but they donât replace for me. I am glad I found it now rather than it happen during my Malaysia trip. It not only put my life in DANGEROUS but WHOLE FAMILY.

After my workshop check, he told me they NEVER replace air filter, the 2 mounting also NOT new. Just look like new.

Oil filter canât verify. Gearbox oil also suspect NOT replace.

He respond my call after few hour, he told me will ask his boss to pay me back for the heater pipe replacement.

He told me he asked workshop do all for me but NOT SURE WHY they never do. He promised I can go back to his workshop to replace those later.

During the trip to Malaysia, I noticed the car are supper hot, the aircon is working fine. I check with Ben about the solar film, he confirmed they replaced for me 4 door + front glass. I asked him why not whole car? He never respond. Till I capture the SMS what he agreed to replace the whole car solar film, only he say I can go back the accessory shop to fix.

I also found some bubble and he told me can go back to the accessory shop re-do.

2 weeks later come back from my Malaysia trip. I went down to his workshop In 53 Ubi ave 1.

They replace the gearbox oil, air filter but some part still haven arrived. The workshop told me he already orders the compressor, rubberâ¦. and 4 mounting.

I went down to replace the 4 mounting after part arrived.

I has been trying to contact the accessory shop to schedule the date, but the accessory shop refuse to respond my call and msg after he told me Ben never told him to fix for me. He need Ben permission to do. I have to go through Ben for the schedule.

Finally Ben Fix the date and I went down to the accessory shop, the guy told me they NEVER replace the FRONT and REAR solar film, only 4 doors. They will only redo the solar film bubble for the 4 door if any.

I call Ben again, and he told me he ask them replace last time NOT SURE WHY never do. He ask the guy do it for me on the sport.

Every week asking for part status â not arrived yet but ORDER ALREADY.

The money for the broken heater â His boss very busy, NO TIME settles.

Every time I check for something he tell me will update me on Wednesday but he will not respond, later I found he actually off duty on every Wednesday : )

After one month, I found the gearbox and engine oil leakage. He said lemon law only cover engine overhaul and broken gearbox. Not sure if anyone can help to clarify this to me?

He said :â We go over the mile for you already, this past month you got what we give grace do for you.â ( in WhatsApp respond)

Today check with the workshop the part status, he say Ben told him to hold the compressor. And I couldnât reach Ben at all. He is not responding any msg or call.

This is my personal experience to share, you should learn from my experience to see what you what should take note and avoid.

I have to check and find out myself what they have done or not done as they promised.

I spent additional time, fuel, ERP, car park for the trip to workshop to fix those issues; it should be done before car handover.

Every trip easily half day gone!

I am still ok if everything they promised they fix for me, but now I am not able to reach the Sale guy. Hahaha ! Good lo.

You do know that youre buying a coe car and coe car = scrap car right? You said you negotiated the price means you low ball them then kept looking for them with a whole list of wear and tear plus accessories even as minor as $110. You have not bought a second hand car before? Or have you buy used car in other countries before? If they really wrong, you can take it to sct. The judge will tell you whether you are right or wrong. Whats the point of trolling here mr scrap car buyer? It freaks me out when somebody only willing to spend for scrap car then refused to pay to car maintenance then mentioned about whole family life. Edited by Falling_stars
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 4

If a used car salesman can do all that he promised, pigs also can fly lo.

My point is, just whack the lowest price you can and use the savings you get to do the repairs yourself.

Yes pig also can fly then buy new car better. The thing to your point is, 99% of these posts were whack lowest price already then ask for repair.

You do know that youre buying a coe car and coe car = scrap car right? You said you negotiated the price means you low ball them then kept looking for them with a whole list of wear and tear plus accessories even as minor as $110. You have not bought a second hand car before? Or have you buy used car in other countries before? If they really wrong, you can take it to sct. The judge will tell you whether you are right or wrong. Whats the point of trolling here mr scrap car buyer? It freaks me out when somebody only willing to spend for scrap car then refused to pay to car maintenance then mentioned about whole family life.

Falling_stars,

Haha, thanks for your comments!

I am here to share my experience, and hope it will be some lesson for other, but…

I feel very sorry If what I share here make u angry and uncomfortable lo

How do you know I low ball them? I bought a 10 years COE car with the price > 50k++.

I am not sure if someone buy an item >50K can without negotiation, but I definitely will lo.

And negotiation not = low ball [laugh]

Ya, maybe you are right, lesson learnt. I should not believe what advertising and promised “All Wear And Tear Parts Replaced” or will be replaced once deposit [laugh]  and coe car = scrap car. Thank you! 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Falling_stars,

I am here to share my experience, and hope it will be some lesson for other, butâ¦

How do you know I low ball them? I bought a 10 years COE car with the price > 50k++.

I am not sure if someone buy an item >50K can without negotiation, but I definitely will lo.

Ya, maybe you are right, lesson learnt. I should not believe what advertising and promised âAll Wear And Tear Parts Replacedâ or will be replaced once deposit [laugh] and coe car = scrap car. Thank you!

Thanks for reply. I wasnt angry neither uncomfortable. Since this is a public post, of course reasonable to get public replies. Im not saying your sc is right as he made empty promises just to close the deal.

When you buy a scrap car, its pretty obvious theres no such warranty, what all wear and tear replaced, what free cameras and many more. Im sure others you approached told you no such thing but you chose to listen to beautiful lies. Usually such package is only for new cars. And warranties, unless its from local distributors themselves, most of them are just crap. After 1 big round still have to settle yourself at sct if major breakdown.

The coe already cost 36k + parf of that car you bought around 8 to 10k including body value. Total value already 45 to 46k. Rightfully you only bought the car at 4k, not 50k. The reason i mentioned low ball cos youre buying a scrap car. I dint know buying scrap car also can nego.

If scrap car can have proper warranty, all wear and tear part replaced plus free gifts then those people buying new cars at 100k must be morons.

Anyways its also very weird you bought a coe car. If based on your 50k for 10 years, depreciation is around 5.5k plus additional surcharge for road tax, bank interest and many repairs next 10 years where a brand new elantra only cost 72k now. Just less than 2k difference a year for a brand new car with real gifts, real warranty and zero wear and tear with perfect engine and gearbox.

Edited by Falling_stars

Falling_stars,

I am here to share my experience, and hope it will be some lesson for other, but…

Ya, maybe you are right, lesson learnt. I should not believe what advertising and promised “All Wear And Tear Parts Replaced” or will be replaced once deposit [laugh]  and coe car = scrap car. Thank you! 

Thanks for sharing! [thumbsup]

Thanks for reply. I wasnt angry neither uncomfortable. Since this is a public post, of course reasonable to get public replies. Im not saying your sc is right as he made empty promises just to close the deal.

When you buy a scrap car, its pretty obvious theres no such warranty, what all wear and tear replaced, what free cameras and many more. Im sure others you approached told you no such thing but you chose to listen to beautiful lies. Usually such package is only for new cars. And warranties, unless its from local distributors themselves, most of them are just crap. After 1 big round still have to settle yourself at sct if major breakdown.

The coe already cost 36k + parf of that car you bought around 8 to 10k including body value. Total value already 45 to 46k. Rightfully you only bought the car at 4k, not 50k. The reason i mentioned low ball cos youre buying a scrap car. I dint know buying scrap car also can nego.

If scrap car can have proper warranty, all wear and tear part replaced plus free gifts then those people buying new cars at 100k must be morons.

Anyways its also very weird you bought a coe car. If based on your 50k for 10 years, depreciation is around 5.5k plus additional surcharge for road tax, bank interest and many repairs next 10 years where a brand new elantra only cost 72k now. Just less than 2k difference a year for a brand new car with real gifts, real warranty and zero wear and tear with perfect engine and gearbox.

hmm.... how come you know what car he buy?

He said bought 50k+. Coe already around 35 to 36k for 10 years. Parf for smaller 1.6 car typically 7 to 9k. The numbers already said so

hmmm... true hor...  if his 10 years COE car means his COE left 10 years and not the car was renewed for 10 years previously.

@Jimwong_132607

what car you bought?

hmmm... true hor... if his 10 years COE car means his COE left 10 years and not the car was renewed for 10 years previously.

@Jimwong_132607

what car you bought?

Its pretty weird cos brand new car only selling 72k with parf now. Why would he buy a 10 years scrap car for 50k. The difference only less than 2k a year or $150 a month. If add surcharge for road tax, interest, endless repairs, lousier fuel efficiency for super old engine, the numbers will probably be the same. He could have just skip that 2 restaurant meals a month and buy a brand new car.
  • Dislike 1

2nd hand car dealers' business objective is to maximise profit, that means being the lowest lowballer to sellers, and highest highballer to buyers - otherwise how to buy low and sell high in order to maximise profit?

worst thing is , what is the value-add to the car that they sell? truth is, no value added, except for standard 6-month lemon law that often covers only engine and gearbox failure

2nd hand car dealers' business objective is to maximise profit, that means being the lowest lowballer to sellers, and highest highballer to buyers - otherwise how to buy low and sell high in order to maximise profit?

worst thing is , what is the value-add to the car that they sell? truth is, no value added, except for standard 6-month lemon law that often covers only engine and gearbox failure

In todays market, theres no such thing as buy low sell high. Dealers compete to bid highest price to buy, buyers offer lowest price based on multiple competitions. Its all transparent all over 3rd party portals. They of course have to buffer few thousands otherwise who pays for before sale repairs and paintwork, who pays their staffs who served you for hours on a sunday? Who pays high rent so you can have a nice place to view a selection of cars? Whos liable for lemon law? Who pays for their interest on every car? On top of that, if doing business is just about covering the cost, then might as well sleep at home. Give grace and have a heart. You have a choice to buy or not, nobody will force or beg you. Nowadays you can even buy or sell direct yourself if you not comfortable to buy from a shop. You can also buy consignment cars if youre willing to accept owners condition, their less 2k price, old paintwork, no lemon law and risk of running away. You have your job and others have theirs. I believe you wun like if someone come to your shop and tell you what to do. On the other hand, do you actually think used car dealers earn more than new car dealers? Do some research on their portfolios or if you cant, open your eyes and see how big their showrooms and what cars their sc driving. If you still cant, just go work for them for a day and you will get a clearer picture.
  • Praise 2

Its pretty weird cos brand new car only selling 72k with parf now. Why would he buy a 10 years scrap car for 50k. The difference only less than 2k a year or $150 a month. If add surcharge for road tax, interest, endless repairs, lousier fuel efficiency for super old engine, the numbers will probably be the same. He could have just skip that 2 restaurant meals a month and buy a brand new car.

maybe because can get higher loan or a car that is not in production anymore... like SIR or euroR? lol

maybe because can get higher loan or a car that is not in production anymore... like SIR or euroR? lol

Lol higher loan means even higher interest. Hmm from the things he described about solar film balloons, oils...hes not in sir or euroR league.

He promised as per advertised all wear and tear will be replace.

-          1 year warranty (Warranty on all things? Including signal bulbs?)

-          STA report (this one should have no issue, cost not high)

-          Replace whole car solar film (What kind of quality were you expecting?)

-          2 new front light (OMG, subject to cars, you know how much it costs?)

-          New engine mounting - All 4 pcs (OEM parts should not be too expensive, this is reasonable)

-          Reverse camera and media player (were you expecting brand new media player?)

-          iRoad V7 front and back (This one makes me LOL! do you even know the cost?)

-          Paint touch up (This one is reasonable)

-          Polishing (This one is reasonable)

-          Full servicing before handover including engine oil, oil and air filter + gearbox oil. (This one is reasonable)

What's the margin sold to you at again?

You didnt really say what car though...

The commments i made in red are simply LOL and OMG. 

For warranty, do buyers know that warranty is from the margin dealers make to cover any just in case issues?  Do not compare with Agent warranty, bcos BORNEO and C&C warranty are from principal, not agents themselves. So when Borneo sell you a car they make the $ without risk of warranty.

• Dislike 1

Many thanks for sharing your views and Jim Wong's post too

ran out of praises today

Have been at receiving end when buying a used car previously and so empathise with all the angsts of buyers who have shared their experiences here

Seasoned buyers here have asked for better due diligence from buyers and the tips are very useful 

At the end of the day, frequently there are mismatched expectations when buying a used car, thats why your views from the other perspective are refreshing   

Think until the day comes when there are better regulations for the used car industries, where checklists for buyers and dealers are mandatory and better buyer/consumer protection laws are instituted, mismatched expectations will not go away.   

In todays market, theres no such thing as buy low sell high. Dealers compete to bid highest price to buy, buyers offer lowest price based on multiple competitions. Its all transparent all over 3rd party portals. They of course have to buffer few thousands otherwise who pays for before sale repairs and paintwork, who pays their staffs who served you for hours on a sunday? Who pays high rent so you can have a nice place to view a selection of cars? Whos liable for lemon law? Who pays for their interest on every car? On top of that, if doing business is just about covering the cost, then might as well sleep at home. Give grace and have a heart. You have a choice to buy or not, nobody will force or beg you. Nowadays you can even buy or sell direct yourself if you not comfortable to buy from a shop. You can also buy consignment cars if youre willing to accept owners condition, their less 2k price, old paintwork, no lemon law and risk of running away. You have your job and others have theirs. I believe you wun like if someone come to your shop and tell you what to do. On the other hand, do you actually think used car dealers earn more than new car dealers? Do some research on their portfolios or if you cant, open your eyes and see how big their showrooms and what cars their sc driving. If you still cant, just go work for them for a day and you will get a clearer picture.

Many thanks for sharing your views and Jim Wong's post too

ran out of praises today

Have been at receiving end when buying a used car previously and so empathise with all the angsts of buyers who have shared their experiences here

Seasoned buyers here have asked for better due diligence from buyers and the tips are very useful 

At the end of the day, frequently there are mismatched expectations when buying a used car, thats why your views from the other perspective are refreshing   

Think until the day comes when there are better regulations for the used car industries, where checklists for buyers and dealers are mandatory and better buyer/consumer protection laws are instituted, mismatched expectations will not go away.  

• Praise 9

goodness me.. you sound exactly like a 2nd hand car salesman!

:a-good: 

What's the margin sold to you at again?

You didnt really say what car though...

The commments i made in red are simply LOL and OMG. 

For warranty, do buyers know that warranty is from the margin dealers make to cover any just in case issues?  Do not compare with Agent warranty, bcos BORNEO and C&C warranty are from principal, not agents themselves. So when Borneo sell you a car they make the $ without risk of warranty.

Hypersonic

You have a right to defend your profession, I respect that.

But please, do some paragraphing!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1