Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

for 2nd hand car dealers who keep saying profit-no-enough, do yourself a favour, try other trade eg drive bus or drive lorry, maybe can earn more being a 2nd hand car dealer

exactly its free choice, lets encourage all owners to deal direct with buyers instead of selling cheap to dealers, and encourage all buyers to buy direct from owners instead of buy at higher price from dealers

:a-happy:

Lol. Free choice = encourage. Not sure what youre writing again. But then, thanks for the discussion. Theres only a certain level of intelligence btw different humans. But maybe not all at least have a heart

erm.. ya .. difference is still not 1-2k... at least when i was searching jap car for my OC...

but let's agree to disagree.. cheers

Yes its around there. If direct owners willing to less 4k, they wud have sold to dealers saving all that trouble, viewings and ads. Maybe its quite some time you dint see the market. Theres currently 3 portals you can search and you will know
↡ Advertisement

were you cheated by 2nd hand car dealers disguised as direct owner?  [bigcry]

Let me share with you my personal experience buying a car from direct owner many years back. When viewing the car at a public carpark, the owner and his parents were around. Happy chatting, test drive ok and i thought i have a good deal by saving 2k. *direct owners wun sell very cheap otherwise they wun go thru all that trouble. You can look at website see how much they post compare dealers*

I then approached some dealers to help paperwork and bank application at a small fee. Only then i realised his settlement amount and what he told me was different. I called him and he said ok, will return me back the balance. Few days later i took over the car. So called original paintwork with scratches all over the car. The owner even dismantle the dvd, change rims and all accessories. The entire car was dirty. Back then no sta or whatsoever. Im thinking its ok since i bought the car not the accessories. I spent another 3k to do up the car nicely.

Months later, i dint receive any logcard and checked, the car wasnt transferred. I called up the owner and he dint pick up. In the middle of the night, i went up to his place and confronted his mum, his mum replied 'i duno about his thing, you want you look for him'

Im only 20 plus then and was desperate as my money all on this car. Mib told me cant do anything as its a transaction owner btw owner. Case and sct cant file its not company registered. I had no choice and dun know what to do. I had no other choice but to keep banging on his doors for months until finally their parents agreed the transfer. Only after 9 months. It was the biggest nightmare of my life and maybe yes, im sway. This is when be it anything esp high value items, i will buy from a well established shop as long as the price is reasonable. To see people complaining about wear and tear or even engine light, what i faced is 10 times worse.

the way you talk sounds like an aunty 

:a-noway:

Lol. Free choice = encourage. Not sure what youre writing again. But then, thanks for the discussion. Theres only a certain level of intelligence btw different humans. But maybe not all at least have a heart

• Dislike 1

(edited)

used car dealer has a biz to run

their objective is make money, make money and make money ... which is fair ... they are not charity

they are here to make a kill ... not make friend and love you deep deep

as buyer, you just have to buy responsibly

screw the low mileage if no hard proof

screw the doctor lawyer car

screw the warranty especially if no more warranty from AD

screw the after sales service ... dont expect

often buyer kena sweet talk and pay more and expect too much from used car dealer ...

instead kena highball ... buyers should lowball

if you lowball ... even the car cui or lemon you limit your loss liao

instead of paying more and hoping for the best

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

well said

since we all know these 2nd hand car dealers earn our money with no value add, lets not allow them to exploit us owners n buyers

used car dealer has a biz to run

their objective is make money, make money and make money ... which is fair ... they are not charity

they are here to make a kill ... not make friend and love you deep deep

as buyer, you just have to buy responsibly

screw the low mileage if no hard proof

screw the doctor lawyer car

screw the warranty especially if no more warranty from AD

screw the after sales service ... dont expect

often buyer kena sweet talk and pay more and expect too much from used car dealer ...

instead kena highball ... buyers should lowball

if you lowball ... even the car cui or lemon you limit your loss liao

instead of paying more and hoping for the best

2 to 3k discount is peanuts to these 2nd hand car dealers, the profit they earn out of each resale car is easily 3x to 6x the 'discounts' they give, and what value add to the car? nothing! its the same car whether you buy direct from owner, or go through the middleman. extra money buyers pay to these dealers go to their rental, pub bills and obscene profits

lemon law was introduced to counter the unscrupulous deeds of black sheep in the used car industry, who else to blame but their ownself? without the lemon law, more consumers grievance

the $500 'admin fees' as i understand from a 2nd hand car salesman, is actually his commission! he also said they get commission from loan and insurance agents thats why if you dont take loan or insurance from them, they jack up asking price to cover reduced profits

these are just some of the lowbrow techniques that some used car dealers use to squeeze consumers to maximize their own profits, so why should consumers still buy from used car dealers? better to buy direct from owners, win-win!

Yeah, go buy from direct owner at a higher price and without the stupid lemon orange sour law, whether or not the law is an avenue for recovery. at least there is something you can bang table for.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Lol yea right. Which buyer in the right state of mind will buy a car with problems when test drive? Or collect the car with problems after evaluation? 90% of these highlighted problems here were AFTER they collect the car.

For 'obscene' profit. Its so good, why dun you do it yourself? Too rich? Or if not rich enough you can always join as sc? Or you rather sit in aircon room draw fix salary and type essays? Profit maybe yes otherwise do for what? Even got profit, are the bosses, not the poor staffs.

Yea i already said many times. You have a choice. Nobody force you. Man, you do have alot of hates. Its just a car, just a transaction. How many times you change cars in a year

I make decision to buy double cab/pick up for my company based on whatapp picture only.
  • Praise 1

if you trust a snake oil seller, you'd trust a 2nd hand car dealer

Back to car. Do we really want trust the dealer (resale company) to repair all the wear and tear?

do you buy from direct owner selling at higher price than 2nd hand car dealer?

Yeah, go buy from direct owner at a higher price and without the stupid lemon orange sour law, whether or not the law is an avenue for recovery. at least there is something you can bang table for.

I make decision to buy double cab/pick up for my company based on whatapp picture only. ð

paper value and body price. renew coe, repair and the vehicle is good to go. anytime down the road any mechanism problem beyond repair or non economical to repair than scrap it. claim back balance of coe.

Back to car. Do we really want trust the dealer (resale company) to repair all the wear and tear?

Lol cos you just buying paper from govt for scrap vehicle.

Proper dealers usually will replace wear and tear before you collect, not after you discounted, drive shiok shiok for months already then ask them repair. Which is 90% of the complains here. On the other hand, direct owners not only dun repair before you collect, even lemon law dun apply, risk of scams plus mib, case and sct cant do anything.

Just like this so call one sided 1 off case blacklist here. I did a research and realised most of these companies got numerous 4-5 stars good reviews on facebook. Some of them were big establishments with over 30 years business, i believed sold more than thousands of cars. Why 1 or 2 complain then blacklist? Which do i believe? Reviews with real profiles real person, or just 1 review with fake profile? I can tell you, both i also skeptical. Thats why only the blacklist on casetrust website is accurate.

• Praise 1

do you buy from direct owner selling at higher price than 2nd hand car dealer?

Dont quite get your question there, i am an exporter/car dealer,  i always buy with reasonable depreciation for cars left with months, i dont deduct paper % and i dont give minimum parf when i say paper value.

As for selling cars, yes i do up my wear and tear reasonably, and if the car i myself cannot accept i will not handover.

Now your generalizing of car dealers is not definitely accurate, not all are snake oil seller, similarly, there are good buyers out there where we will go the extra mile to facilitate the buyers/sellers and there are surely those who are cheapo farks, no offense i feel you are categorize to the latter.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 4

This is one company to avoid

https://www.case.org.sg/consumeralert_company_detail.aspx?caid=13

Lol cos you just buying paper from govt for scrap vehicle.

Proper dealers usually will replace wear and tear before you collect, not after you discounted, drive shiok shiok for months already then ask them repair. Which is 90% of the complains here. On the other hand, direct owners not only dun repair before you collect, even lemon law dun apply, risk of scams plus mib, case and sct cant do anything.

Just like this so call one sided 1 off case blacklist here. I did a research and realised most of these companies got numerous 4-5 stars good reviews on facebook. Some of them were big establishments with over 30 years business, i believed sold more than thousands of cars. Why 1 or 2 complain then blacklist? Which do i believe? Reviews with real profiles real person, or just 1 review with fake profile? I can tell you, both i also skeptical. Thats why only the blacklist on casetrust website is accurate.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Dont quite get your question there, i am an exporter/car dealer, i always buy with reasonable depreciation for cars left with months, i dont deduct paper % and i dont give minimum parf when i say paper value.

As for selling cars, yes i do up my wear and tear reasonably, and if the car i myself cannot accept i will not handover.

Now your generalizing of car dealers is not definitely accurate, not all are snake oil seller, similarly, there are good buyers out there where we will go the extra mile to facilitate the buyers/sellers and there are surely those who are cheapo farks, no offense i feel you are categorize to the latter.

in MCF we have to ignore the tons of generalisations, eg. PI dealers, PHV drivers, lady drivers, BMW drivers, etc... but good to remind ourselves now and then.
  • Praise 1

dont need to worry if you conscious is clear

some are black sheep some are not

but the way you name calling some of your customers, we know which category u belong to, dont we?

Dont quite get your question there, i am an exporter/car dealer, i always buy with reasonable depreciation for cars left with months, i dont deduct paper % and i dont give minimum parf when i say paper value.

• Dislike 2

(edited)

many unscrupulous lowbrow 2nd hand car dealers and salesman around

typical lowclass behavior include

-lowball owner

-highball buyer

-earn obscene profit yet say profit no enough

-like to name calling buyer as 'lowball' when they themselves are the lowest baller in the car industry

caveat emptor!!

we should avoid these no value add middleman, dont let them rip off we owner and buyer

lets encourage direct owner buyer deals!!

Edited by 2016fxt

Neutral Newbie

Avoid dealing with DING FENG PTE LTD!

Ding Feng refused to refund my car deposit

Under the sales agreement, any major issue will result in a full refund of the deposit. However, they locked my deposit after AA evaluation report shown sign of potential major repair required. To be fair to both parties, I suggested sending the car for a further check at VW which they refused. 

During our last meeting, the dealer/owner refused to have a fair settlement and challenge me to file a case. 

• Praise 3

yet another one!!

thanks for sharing

let us encourage direct owner buyer deals!

Under the sales agreement, any major issue will result in a full refund of the deposit. However, they locked my deposit after AA evaluation report shown sign of potential major repair required. To be fair to both parties, I suggested sending the car for a further check at VW which they refused.

During our last meeting, the dealer/owner refused to have a fair settlement and challenge me to file a case.

Hypersonic

During our last meeting, the dealer/owner refused to have a fair settlement and challenge me to file a case.

Go small claims tribunal bro. Do a timeline and keep all documents.

I just won a case recently but not against car dealer.

It is useful.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1