• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4713 replies to this topic | 9,178 praises

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:31 PM

car50
  • car50
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

"When i bgt a 2nd hand car, i only hand over the co when i confirmed e transfer of ownership was done and is on e spot.."

This should be the expected standard especially when paying full cash with no loan

When car is in dealer's name  e transfer to buyer should be on the spot  upon presentation of co

If not just walk away

Alot of time ppl r too trusting.. nevr part ur money until the transfer of ownership is done no matter what it is.

When i bgt a 2nd hand car, i only hand over the co when i confirmed e transfer of ownership was done and is on e spot..

Angcheek, Freeder, Inlinefour, Uncle2, Spring, Mzrmazda3, BanCoe and 2 other members praised this

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

Chilidawg
  • Chilidawg
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, just a quick check after browsing through this thread - anyone thinks there has been any significant improvement in consumer protection with regards to car dealers since idk this thread began? Is this normal? Is it a case of "just part of life"?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:32 PM

cmcex
  • cmcex
    4th Gear
    Author Image

most likely 06/07 comes with halogen projector headlights and facelift to hid, which I believe is not allowed under LTA.

Importantly the whole assembly is different

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:40 PM

Samuelsim
  • Samuelsim
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any one got feedback on Shuang Hup Credit at West coast ? Thinking to go down n view cars.

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Any one got feedback on Shuang Hup Credit at West coast ? Thinking to go down n view cars.

I am not saying anything but i think these very traditional Chinese named shops are established by old uncle long ago, they should have been in the business for a long time, meaning they are in for long haul business, not those fly by night very trendy names. Go take a look and make some assessment.

Edited by Ct3833, 08 July 2019 - 11:07 PM.

Beregond praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:47 PM

Hybridguy
  • Hybridguy
    Clutched
    Author Image

I have some queries with regards to getting 2nd hand car from dealer. I need some advice to consider my option. I had actually shortlisted 2 cars from different dealer (which i will describe the scenario below as Car A and Car B). Do help me and advice which car to choose and what should I do.

I understand there is a lot of myths of SE not being honest especially on mileage, servicing records, accident free records, inspection report as this will affect their asking price. Most SE will try to get you pay deposit and promise you all the things you highlighted will be rectified but when the buyer collect the car and it is not delivered as promise thus buyers having bad experience.

Car A - Age is younger than Car B. Overall condition (interior and exterior) of car is better than Car B. Engine no problem. The problem with this car is that SE claim that the car is still under warranty with AD and is serviced by the AD workshop. His company got the car from AD to sell. I tried asking for the servicing records or receipt of the last servicing but he do not have as he claimed that all records are computerized now and AD wont pass it to dealer. He said the car already got the AD servicing decal stating the next servicing date and mileage at the windscreen, so no need worry. I personally think milelage can be tempered why decal cannot be forge therefore i called the workshop myself to check when is the next scheduled date for the car but the workshop said they do not have the record of the car. WOW. I called the SE again to ask for the servicing record since he got the car from the AD directly to sell and i also told him i called the workshop already but the workshop said no records. The SE then tell me because the carplate number is new one thats why no record. I can only check when i am the registered owner of the car. I dont mind if the SE tempered the mileage, at least i can know the real mileage so that i know when should be the next servicing and i need to check the engine n chasis number to see did anything happen to the car before.

Car B - Older than Car A. Grooming not as good as Car A. Engine is ok, but Head Unit display got some problem. Servicing done by AD workshop with decal and receipt in the car. Therefore mileage should be true but this car already have 2 owners.

Any expert out there to provide some advice which car to choose.

Personally I am incline choosing Car A, advice me what to do before i make a decision.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have some queries with regards to getting 2nd hand car from dealer. I need some advice to consider my option. I had actually shortlisted 2 cars from different dealer (which i will describe the scenario below as Car A and Car B). Do help me and advice which car to choose and what should I do.

I understand there is a lot of myths of SE not being honest especially on mileage, servicing records, accident free records, inspection report as this will affect their asking price. Most SE will try to get you pay deposit and promise you all the things you highlighted will be rectified but when the buyer collect the car and it is not delivered as promise thus buyers having bad experience.

Car A - Age is younger than Car B. Overall condition (interior and exterior) of car is better than Car B. Engine no problem. The problem with this car is that SE claim that the car is still under warranty with AD and is serviced by the AD workshop. His company got the car from AD to sell. I tried asking for the servicing records or receipt of the last servicing but he do not have as he claimed that all records are computerized now and AD wont pass it to dealer. He said the car already got the AD servicing decal stating the next servicing date and mileage at the windscreen, so no need worry. I personally think milelage can be tempered why decal cannot be forge therefore i called the workshop myself to check when is the next scheduled date for the car but the workshop said they do not have the record of the car. WOW. I called the SE again to ask for the servicing record since he got the car from the AD directly to sell and i also told him i called the workshop already but the workshop said no records. The SE then tell me because the carplate number is new one thats why no record. I can only check when i am the registered owner of the car. I dont mind if the SE tempered the mileage, at least i can know the real mileage so that i know when should be the next servicing and i need to check the engine n chasis number to see did anything happen to the car before.

Car B - Older than Car A. Grooming not as good as Car A. Engine is ok, but Head Unit display got some problem. Servicing done by AD workshop with decal and receipt in the car. Therefore mileage should be true but this car already have 2 owners.

Personally I am incline choosing Car A, advice me what to do before i make a decision.

Ask the dealer for the old number plate, call AD again to check it out.

Edited by Ct3833, 11 July 2019 - 04:20 PM.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:07 AM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my personal opinion to you is, if you are septical about car A than give it a miss. buying car we must feel comfortable from viewing and discussing about pricing till the end of the sales deal with the dealer. for your case, there is always STA to sent in for a full car check with report by paying a fee.

Just go with your heart to choose, however if you find that the car is ok just go ahead. Mileage wise for 2nd hand car is although important but may have be tweaked. What we can check is the exterior checks, abnormal sound in and out of engine cabin and the handling when test driving.

Importantly you must be happy of what you choose. End of the day, the car will be with you for a couple of years? Just go with you heart. if not comfortable and in doubt, clarify first. If still feel no good. Than the deal is a no go. I believe there are still many same models in the 2nd hand market. Take your time to choose. Importantly dont rush and get pressured by the sales dealers.

All the best.

Ronkovic praised this

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

Teohwahwa
  • Premium member
    Teohwahwa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I pay 10k to him, he tell me i only downpayment 7.5k then the rest is road tax, admin fee etc etc

Bro i think u kanna the same tactics as me and all this is dealer ownself arranged and last min force u sign. With all the time delaying tactics after deposits pay. It may be the same group. Get in touch me. 98060680

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

Wallaw819
  • Premium member
    Wallaw819
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Importantly the whole assembly is different

Learn from the inspection center that LTA has instructed them to make sure the car model stick to original head/tail lights that come directly from factory.

Anything changed will failed inspection, unless have official letter from distributor saying old model head/tail lights no longer available from AD.

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Learn from the inspection center that LTA has instructed them to make sure the car model stick to original head/tail lights that come directly from factory.

Anything changed will failed inspection, unless have official letter from distributor saying old model head/tail lights no longer available from AD.

i have just gone for my ar inspection last friday. nowadays the checking is more through on the headlights and also tail lights.

They wanted to see if the bulbs have been changed eg: glass bulbs to LED types. If your car original comes with glass bulbs than it has to be glass type and not LED.

Overall  they are more particular now especially on the headlights and tail lights.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Wallaw819
  • Premium member
    Wallaw819
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i have just gone for my ar inspection last friday. nowadays the checking is more through on the headlights and also tail lights.

They wanted to see if the bulbs have been changed eg: glass bulbs to LED types. If your car original comes with glass bulbs than it has to be glass type and not LED.

Overall  they are more particular now especially on the headlights and tail lights.

True.

However will depends on the light design as I have changed my T10 bulb to led and passed.

Luckily my tail light design you will not be able to tell the type of bulb used (blocked).

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

Hybridguy
  • Hybridguy
    Clutched
    Author Image

Ask the dealer for the old number plate, call AD again to check it out.

I give up on this car

my personal opinion to you is, if you are septical about car A than give it a miss. buying car we must feel comfortable from viewing and discussing about pricing till the end of the sales deal with the dealer. for your case, there is always STA to sent in for a full car check with report by paying a fee.

Just go with your heart to choose, however if you find that the car is ok just go ahead. Mileage wise for 2nd hand car is although important but may have be tweaked. What we can check is the exterior checks, abnormal sound in and out of engine cabin and the handling when test driving.

Importantly you must be happy of what you choose. End of the day, the car will be with you for a couple of years? Just go with you heart. if not comfortable and in doubt, clarify first. If still feel no good. Than the deal is a no go. I believe there are still many same models in the 2nd hand market. Take your time to choose. Importantly dont rush and get pressured by the sales dealers.

All the best.

Thank you for the advice. I will shop around for more alternative.

You are right, i must feel comfortable for the entire experience.
PSP415 praised this

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

Ika_tomas
  • Premium member
    Ika_tomas
    Clutched
    Author Image

Actually not true as bought a few cars before at this 2 places and no problems whatsoever.

You need to do some homework before buying 2nd hand and you should be fine.

Always remember if it is too good to be true then better walk away rather than be sorry later.

Fair point.
Not worth the hassle though by my book.
Too much irritation dealing with the oily salesmen that seem to be a dime a dozen there.

Back to Complaints  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Beware, Hand, Car, Dealers, Part and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users