Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Neutral Newbie

KS Automobile also must avoid.. till now still yet get back my deposit..how to pin them down? more n more victims will suffer.. they r still selling cars online.. to all car viewers out there.. best is don't visit this KS.. dOnt let them have the opportunity to get your money yet nothing was being done.. Be Aware!! this company is not blacklisted.. is a BAN!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If anyone is enquiring about 88, I say avoid them at all cost. I really mean at all cost. I have previously posted that on the second day after received my car, the batt went flat. Called the guy that sold me the car and was told off,

went to check out a car at banyan auto today.

salesman quite bo chup.

handed me the keys and just stood behind me.

when i asked for svc records, he said check the dashboard drawer. have have. dont have dont have lor.

wasnt too friendly when it came to the price negotiation.

so i just left.

anyone bought a car from Trust Motoring fm commonwealth car ctr?

It's like this de...some of the used car dealers are bo chup...they just wanna earn big bucks.

I ever went to Olds Car Mart @ Commonwealth, the first unit once you alight there...keep asking if you want luxury cars.

When you say you want others (non luxury type), he pushes you inside.

Not good at all! Avoid at all costs

Neutral Newbie

hi guys,

i recently ran into some issue with a particular dealer. below is what i am facing now.

need some advise from the guys here.

i went to this dealer to view an RX8. price quoted was 49,321 and i am looking for balloon scheme as i intend to drive the car till finish.

when i reach the dealer, instead of the quoted 49321, i was quoted 52000 instead but well i have tested the car and since i like it, i dont mind the increase in price and anyway it fit my budget.

so i proceed to ask the salesperson (we shall call him A) to help me calculate the monthly installment should i take up balloon scheme. after all the calculation, we ended up with S$730 monthly which i am quite happy with. usually when i change my car, i trust the dealer that are handling my admin work, after all that is what we pay them for. so when they ask me to sign the loan application form, i really didn't check much except for the value of the car and which bank (bad mistake).

2 days later, A called and say my loan was countered offer and instead of the loan amount 54.5k (we did a mark up), i can only loan till 52k. i told him i can prepare a guarantor so we can push it up to 54.5k. A agreed.

last friday, A called and said finally the loan is approved at 54.5k then when i check with him the monthly installment is howmuch, he told me S$980. to my horror, that is S$250 jump from the previously agreed. so i told A, why didn't he let me know when he resubmit the loan at this amount. i didn't get any answer from him.

anyway i told him since there is a discrepancy in the amount, i do not wish to take up the car anymore and request him to refund me my deposit and cancel the loan which he comply. A told me he will call me to inform me when the cheque is ready.

Since A has already comply, i assume they will help me cancel the loan so i went ahead and scout for another car. i found what i want with another dealer and proceed to make purchase for that car, also under balloon scheme.

now the problem come. when the 2nd dealer help me apply for my loan, they said that they are unable to proceed with the loan as i have a current loan for that RX8 still valid in the bank. i will need to cancel it before my new car loan can be approved.

i called up A and ask them what is going on. this is where A told me that his boss is not willing to refund me my deposit nor cancel the approved loan. and his boss is pissed with me. (see below for why he is pissed) so i told A, it is him who calculated wrongly and even if his boss because of what happen doesn't want to refund my deposit, he has to cancel the loan. A told me that he will talk to his boss again.

yesterday, i called up A again and he told me his boss still dont agreed to cancel. and after ranting to him and he spoke to his boss again, he gave his word that he will have it settle on next monday. i told A why he need so long but he told me he already do till this step what more do i want..... i was like come on, its your fault at the first place, why i had to bear the consequence.

meanwhile the other car dealer is waiting for the loan to be cancel so he can proceed with my other car.

i am worry that the first car dealer is delaying so that i will not get my car before CNY.

Anyone here encounter this before and any advise how can i proceed to have my loan cancelled asap?

*note

the dealer that i bought my other car from doesn't take trade in. so i post my current car online for sale in which another salesperson (we shall call him B) from the first dealer contacted me and we agreed on a price to sell them the car. i got another offer which is higher for my car, so i told B, i got another offer which is higher, so i will go with that dealer which B agreed. (i know that swinging over to another dealer is not correct on my part, but that doesn't give them the right to delay)

hopefully i can get some good advise from you guys

cheers

• Praise 1

Kayhenry,

The loan that you have took up is between you and the finance company, not the car dealer. As soon as the loan is paid to the seller, you are a "hirer" of the car and the finance company is the "owner" and you are bounded to lease the car from the rightful owner (finance company) until you make a full settlement and get out of the hire purchase contract.

The only cancellation that can happen is between you and the finance company assuming that the loan money was already paid to the seller.

All the terms, loan amount and monthly repayment should be written clearly on a piece of paper also known as the Sales Contract. If the terms offered to you are different from what was written on the contract, go to the Small Claims Tribunal to lodge a case for a refund of your deposit. Check with the finance company if the loan has been paid to the car dealer, if it hasn't, inform the finance company in writing that you do not intend to follow through with the hire purchase agreement.

Wise up the next time, you are not buying $3 Char Kway Tway whereby you can just pop over to order from the next stall in order to "teach" the first stall a lesson.

The hard truth is: You have only yourself to blame to have gotten into this mess. But everyone should have a chance to learn and be wise therefore I have contributed my advice.

If you need a balloon scheme and a 100% loan for a sports car, perhaps you should rethink the affordability of your purchase if not this will not be the last mess you end up in. Sorry for being frank but I've been through similar mess when I was younger and it took me almost a decade to get out and for the past lesson (painful) I am much more prudent now and a lot happier.

hi guys,

i recently ran into some issue with a particular dealer. below is what i am facing now.

need some advise from the guys here.

i went to this dealer to view an RX8. price quoted was 49,321 and i am looking for balloon scheme as i intend to drive the car till finish.

when i reach the dealer, instead of the quoted 49321, i was quoted 52000 instead but well i have tested the car and since i like it, i dont mind the increase in price and anyway it fit my budget.

so i proceed to ask the salesperson (we shall call him A) to help me calculate the monthly installment should i take up balloon scheme. after all the calculation, we ended up with S$730 monthly which i am quite happy with. usually when i change my car, i trust the dealer that are handling my admin work, after all that is what we pay them for. so when they ask me to sign the loan application form, i really didn't check much except for the value of the car and which bank (bad mistake).

2 days later, A called and say my loan was countered offer and instead of the loan amount 54.5k (we did a mark up), i can only loan till 52k. i told him i can prepare a guarantor so we can push it up to 54.5k. A agreed.

last friday, A called and said finally the loan is approved at 54.5k then when i check with him the monthly installment is howmuch, he told me S$980. to my horror, that is S$250 jump from the previously agreed. so i told A, why didn't he let me know when he resubmit the loan at this amount. i didn't get any answer from him.

anyway i told him since there is a discrepancy in the amount, i do not wish to take up the car anymore and request him to refund me my deposit and cancel the loan which he comply. A told me he will call me to inform me when the cheque is ready.

Since A has already comply, i assume they will help me cancel the loan so i went ahead and scout for another car. i found what i want with another dealer and proceed to make purchase for that car, also under balloon scheme.

now the problem come. when the 2nd dealer help me apply for my loan, they said that they are unable to proceed with the loan as i have a current loan for that RX8 still valid in the bank. i will need to cancel it before my new car loan can be approved.

i called up A and ask them what is going on. this is where A told me that his boss is not willing to refund me my deposit nor cancel the approved loan. and his boss is pissed with me. (see below for why he is pissed) so i told A, it is him who calculated wrongly and even if his boss because of what happen doesn't want to refund my deposit, he has to cancel the loan. A told me that he will talk to his boss again.

yesterday, i called up A again and he told me his boss still dont agreed to cancel. and after ranting to him and he spoke to his boss again, he gave his word that he will have it settle on next monday. i told A why he need so long but he told me he already do till this step what more do i want..... i was like come on, its your fault at the first place, why i had to bear the consequence.

meanwhile the other car dealer is waiting for the loan to be cancel so he can proceed with my other car.

i am worry that the first car dealer is delaying so that i will not get my car before CNY.

Anyone here encounter this before and any advise how can i proceed to have my loan cancelled asap?

*note

the dealer that i bought my other car from doesn't take trade in. so i post my current car online for sale in which another salesperson (we shall call him B) from the first dealer contacted me and we agreed on a price to sell them the car. i got another offer which is higher for my car, so i told B, i got another offer which is higher, so i will go with that dealer which B agreed. (i know that swinging over to another dealer is not correct on my part, but that doesn't give them the right to delay)

hopefully i can get some good advise from you guys

cheers

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

hi civicblade,

yes, i know i only have myself to blame for too trusting.

but anyway, the agreement is to have the issue resolve by monday so lets keep my finger crossed and hope that it will be settle :D

btw, its just my decision to take the 100% balloon scheme heehee i could have down and pay normal but just my 2 cent :D

cheers and thanks to all for the advise :D

• Praise 1

Do you want to check with MAS? to check if its illegal in any way first?

Or any policy that can help u reverse that?

So what bank is that? or its those for bad credit etc?

U loan full amt and even went up beyond car selling price, they will earn a lot from yr commission n interest alone ("bank" and seller) so this is why they r not willing to cancel

no one called u to verify loan amt? monthly repayment etc before proceeding? maybe u can use this as yr case

anyway its unacceptable that car dealers (seem almost everywhere unless mayb big co which i have no idea) didnt write anything or minimal thing on the loan contract n expect customers to sign on a 'blank' piece of papers

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

ya jano, i think this time is a case of my own careless that got me into this mess.

i just talked to the bank and seems there is no penalty to both party if cancel so i give the benefit of doubt their admin is really away and will settle on monday.

just hope it will be enough time for me to get my next plate of cha kway tiao

hahahaha

will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

• Praise 1

Why am i not surprised?

Motorcar sector tops list of consumer complaints

Published on Feb 01, 2013

9:52 AM

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

Cars on display at the Chery showroom. For the first time, the motorcar industry topped the list of industries that drew the most complaints from Singapore consumers. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

By Walter Sim

FOR the first time, the motorcar industry topped the list of industries that drew the most complaints from Singapore consumers.

The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) said it received 2,255 cases from the motorcar sector last year, a 79 per cent jump compared to the previous year.

Case President Lim Biow Chuan, who is also the Member of Parliament for Mountbatten SMC, said in a statement today that the spike in complaints could be due to more people buying second-hand cars because of high Certificate Of Entitlement prices for new cars. Second-hand vehicles are more likely to have defects.

Case attended to a total of 25,733 consumer complaints last year, a 15.7 per cent increase from the 22,240 cases in 2011.

• Praise 1

Why am i not surprised?

Motorcar sector tops list of consumer complaints

Published on Feb 01, 2013

9:52 AM

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

Cars on display at the Chery showroom. For the first time, the motorcar industry topped the list of industries that drew the most complaints from Singapore consumers. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

By Walter Sim

FOR the first time, the motorcar industry topped the list of industries that drew the most complaints from Singapore consumers.

The Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) said it received 2,255 cases from the motorcar sector last year, a 79 per cent jump compared to the previous year.

Case President Lim Biow Chuan, who is also the Member of Parliament for Mountbatten SMC, said in a statement today that the spike in complaints could be due to more people buying second-hand cars because of high Certificate Of Entitlement prices for new cars. Second-hand vehicles are more likely to have defects.

Case attended to a total of 25,733 consumer complaints last year, a 15.7 per cent increase from the 22,240 cases in 2011.

Lim Biow Chuan have a point there, due to high COE. Many people couldn't afford to buy new car, or even newer type of used car. Which car of slightly older age, are likely to have defect.

But let's not forget that complaint receive from Motor Trade are not only for New Car, but also include used car. While complaint receive for other trade are usually New Product. So the guide is not really accurate in sense of New and Used.

• Praise 1

Lim Biow Chuan have a point there, due to high COE. Many people couldn't afford to buy new car, or even newer type of used car. Which car of slightly older age, are likely to have defect.

But let's not forget that complaint receive from Motor Trade are not only for New Car, but also include used car. While complaint receive for other trade are usually New Product. So the guide is not really accurate in sense of New and Used.

Definitely used cars are not as perfect as new cars, but there's still a reasonable standard to it.

e.g.

1) I top up fuel, after I turn the key it goes to indicate the percentage of fuel I have

2) I turn on the wipers, it should be able to spray a mist (and not that no matter how much water I top it, it remains as dry as a beach)

3) My tyres are worn out; the second hand dealer could have advised me so I can at least make my own changes

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just bought a used car from AML second floor. Don't mention name first until this monday. Part of the deal was to respray, replace the fallen off car brand name (a letter dropped off) behind the car, and to mend the small dent on the bonnet. So I got the car a few days before CNY and dealer say after cny then help to rectify the issue since will be abit rushed to respray. I test drove it beforehand, found that the steering has some problems and asked them to check, but overall satisfied, so put a 2k deposit. Went for a 5 day holiday and loan was approved, was told steering was checked at mechanic( don't know got check or not). When I came back from holiday, got the car and asked them when can do the respray etc. They say will get back to me yesterday. So I checked with the sales person yesterday to ask when can respray and he told me manager not around. drunk, didnt go work. Ok fine, today is half day, I don't "geh gao" so much. I give them until this coming monday, see what excuses they can come up with. The respray was written in the receipt when i placed the deposit.

In any case if the dealer goes back on his word, what can I do? Please advise. *oh ya, they are under case trust accreditation.

Edited by Raptorz
  • Praise 1

Just bought a used car from AML second floor. Don't mention name first until this monday. Part of the deal was to respray, replace the fallen off car brand name (a letter dropped off) behind the car, and to mend the small dent on the bonnet. So I got the car a few days before CNY and dealer say after cny then help to rectify the issue since will be abit rushed to respray. I test drove it beforehand, found that the steering has some problems and asked them to check, but overall satisfied, so put a 2k deposit. Went for a 5 day holiday and loan was approved, was told steering was checked at mechanic( don't know got check or not). When I came back from holiday, got the car and asked them when can do the respray etc. They say will get back to me yesterday. So I checked with the sales person yesterday to ask when can respray and he told me manager not around. drunk, didnt go work. Ok fine, today is half day, I don't "geh gao" so much. I give them until this coming monday, see what excuses they can come up with. The respray was written in the receipt when i placed the deposit.

In any case if the dealer goes back on his word, what can I do? Please advise. *oh ya, they are under case trust accreditation.

So your steering problem had been resolved only waiting for re-spray?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

steering wise they say no problem but when i was test driving, maybe feel abit weird but still ok. Now i drive for a couple of days got used to it le. The STA report for steering is C.

• Praise 1

You can ask for a refund of deposit if they fail to respray. But I think they will keep to their words since it's in black and white. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem refunding since they are accredited by CASE.

Something better be done about the steering since the report for it is C.

• Praise 1